Sea of Thieves: Launch Status Update
Running into issues? Here's a breakdown of our top priorities (updated)
Hi, we wanted to share an update with all our players about the top issues that we've been seeing since we launched Sea of Thieves. Below are the main launch issues along with their current status.
Last updated: April 10th, 12pm BST
1. Achievements being delayed
Status: This turned out to be a more involved fix than originally anticipated. We are planning to test a potential fix for it midweek and will share more information as to whether that looks like it will succeed or we'll need a further client update.
2. Bounty Quests occasionally not triggering skeletons
Status: Partial fix for this incoming on Wednesday April 11th, work ongoing for full fix.
Advice: Sailing away and back to the affected islands can work as a temporary workaround.
3. Characters losing details such as hair colour/scars
Status: Hold tight, fix incoming.
4. Some shop purchases between April 4th (6pm BST) and April 5th (6pm BST) did not complete correctly
Status: Identified affected users, working on a plan to rectify.
Fixed for next client update:
1. Some players unable to equip a second weapon
Status: Believed fixed for next game update (ETA: Wednesday April 11th).
Believed fixed – monitoring:
1. Player rewards being delayed
Status: We believe we have resolved this, and rewards should have flowed through to players now. We will monitor throughout the weekend.
Advice: If you believe you have still not earned rewards, please raise a customer support request. We are working through individual cases and looking at the data.
2. Players having difficulty getting into the game at peak times
Status: We believe we have resolved the issues which were leading to this. We will monitor throughout the weekend.
Upcoming maintenance windows:
– Joe Neate, Executive Producer