Thank You for Supporting Sea of Thieves: A Pirate's Life
It’s been over a month since we released Sea of Thieves: A Pirate’s Life into the wild blue yonder as part of Season Three, and since that emotional launch day we’ve been bowled over by the response from the Sea of Thieves community. From your reactions on social media to your fan art and stories of exploring the five new Tall Tales, it’s been amazing – and all this excitement resulted in our busiest ever month on the seas, with June seeing 4.8 million active pirates out on the water!
To all of you who’ve recently cast off for the very first time, jumped back in after a break or simply never stepped away from your regular Voyages, thank you from all of us and we hope that Sea of Thieves: A Pirate’s Life (and the surprise of its unveiling!) was everything you could have wanted from a crossover on this scale.
Of course, the Sea of Thieves team have also been listening to your feedback and working hard to improve and balance the gameplay throughout the new Tall Tales, with a string of downloadable hotfixes released since Season Three’s launch – and our August update continues to make improvements across the board. Our players’ support has been invaluable in helping us determine what to focus on as we continue to fine-tune the whole Sea of Thieves experience.
As we wanted to thank all of you face-to-face for spending time with us (and Captain Jack Sparrow, Davy Jones and the rest of our special guests) on the seas this Season, we sat our Creative Director Mike Chapman in front of the camera with a message of thanks to pirates new and returning!
If you’re fully invested in living the pirate life after journeying with Jack Sparrow, a whole world of adventure awaits – and there are so many places to go. Here are just a few of the exciting things that you can keep in mind for your next sail:
- 11 previously established Tall Tales that see you exploring not only the islands within the Devil’s Shroud but beyond, journeying through history and legend to find out more about the colourful characters that call the Sea of Thieves their home.
- New Seasonal Trials introduced in each Season, with Season Three’s selection encouraging exploration of those earlier Tall Tales – check them out to boost your Seasonal progression and unlock rewards on the way to level 100!
- Engaging world events that affect Sea of Thieves’ shared world, like battles with the spectral armada of Captain Flameheart or the appearances of challenging Ashen Lords.
- Skeleton Forts filled with skeletons to conquer and treasure to plunder – from the haunted Fort of the Damned to the loot-laden Forts of Fortune.
- Trading Company Voyages including all the new additions from the last year of free content updates, from sunken plunder waiting to be recovered from the Merchant Alliance’s Lost Shipments to the Gold Hoarders’ Treasure Vault Voyages that give you a Golden Wayfinder compass and send you off in search of a big score.
- Tales of legendary pirates and achievements inspired by real players, all of which can be uncovered by tracking down Umbra’s Legends of the Sea.
Ready to raise anchor? As an extra bonus, the weekend of August 20th-23rd plays host to our latest Gold & Glory Weekend, offering double gold and reputation gains along with Seasonal Renown boosts for all treasure handed in to the Trading Companies!
You'll also find a brand new crop of Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean cosmetics in the Pirate Emporium as part of August’s Sea of Thieves update: transform your ship into a vessel of purgatory with the Cursed Ferryman Ship Collection, make pirates think they’re facing a harbinger of the abyss with the Davy Jones Cursed Costume Set, or adopt a simian sidekick dressed like that dread figure himself in the form of the Condemned Captain Monkey pet. For more on these and all the quality of life improvements made in August’s update, check out the full release notes.
Whatever heading you take and whatever favourites you find, this year promises even more fun coming to Sea of Thieves, so follow our social channels and be among the first to know what’s on the horizon: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitch, TikTok and the official Forums and Discord server. If you still have burning questions about our epic collaboration with Disney to bring their Pirates of the Caribbean franchise into Sea of Thieves, or you’re still considering a foray into our shared pirate world, check out our dedicated Sea of Thieves: A Pirate’s Life FAQ! It covers everything from embarking on the five new Tall Tales to finding resources on becoming a better pirate.
That’s it from us for now – thanks again from everyone on the Sea of Thieves team, and we'll see you on the seas!