Man O' War Adventure Mode World Boss

• Since it is unlikely we'll ever get a Man O' War as a player ship, I thought why not make it a naval world boss for Adventure mode? This world event would be harder than any other world event and would grant great rewards if you manage to kill it. The more in-depth specifics on it, such as where/how it would appear and how the world event and the boss itself would work, is still up for debate, although a few pages could be taken from the Tall Tale naval boss battles, but what do you guys think about the idea of it?

There are a bunch of other posts regarding this topic (most quite old). Still, I'd love this idea to be implemented. Here are a few other posts on the same topic:
    https://www.seaofthieves.com/community/forums/topic/136834/proposal-for-season-4-or-season-5
    https://www.seaofthieves.com/community/forums/topic/123530/man-o-war-the-mobile-skeleton-fort
    https://www.seaofthieves.com/community/forums/topic/53304/man-o-war-public-event
    https://www.seaofthieves.com/community/forums/topic/131467/trading-company-man-o-wars-emergent-encounter
    https://www.seaofthieves.com/community/forums/topic/137240/a-possible-way-to-introduce-the-man-o-war-as-a-world-event
    https://www.seaofthieves.com/community/forums/topic/143404/content-suggestion-new-pve-boss-fight-huge-skeleton-ship-man-o-war

Gönderiler
    Görüntüleme
    communityfeedbackeventscompetition
  • @hotklou9848 that'd be a beat thing. They could turn it into a merchant alliance ship and would act as an enourmous skelly ship. The crewmates would be human NPC which would act as skellies. The ship should follow a certain route throughout the map, so it'd be something like a roaming boss. Great idea

• @hotklou9848 said in Man O' War Adventure Mode World Boss:

Since it is unlikely we'll ever get a Man O' War as a player ship, I thought why not make it a naval world boss for Adventure mode? This world event would be harder than any other world event and would grant great rewards if you manage to kill it. The more in-depth specifics on it, such as where/how it would appear and how the world event and the boss itself would work, is still up for debate, although a few pages could be taken from the Tall Tale naval boss battles, but what do you guys think about the idea of it?

Actually, I posted a very similar concept quite some time ago. But mine was a skelly version of a man-o-war.

I even designed different phases of the fight, some of which included having to board this ship to disable certain defences before the naval combat continues.

I also had this crazy idea about the reward: your ship consumes the man-o-war's soul and obtains certain visual accents from it. And if we wanted to take this crazy further, I even proposed that the new and improved ship would allow for +1 additional player on that crew.

Sadly I can't seem to find this post of mine. I remember I searched fo 20 mins without success when I remembered it a while ago.

• I don't think we'll see an ai man'o'war ship that is controlled by a navy with ai humans. I could be slightly off here but I'm sure in the Athena's Fortune book its mentioned that large vessels can't pass through the shroud, the largest that can is the Galleon we currently have. Now a large prefab skeleton ship that acts as a boss is much more likely I think if it fits in with the lore.

• @a10dr750 What about The Black Pearl & Flying Dutchman then? How'd they get in? .. Nonetheless, they have similar models so, it could be possible. IDK about the lore.
    Happy sailing!

• @jumli7 said in Man O' War Adventure Mode World Boss:

@a10dr750 What about The Black Pearl & Flying Dutchman then? How'd they get in? .. Nonetheless, they have similar models so, it could be possible. IDK about the lore.
    Happy sailing!

Aye, even if they were special cases doesn't mean this one can't also be. It is a boss after all. It's special. Or perhaps it did not come from beyond the shroud, and was somehow portalled/teleported or constructed here?

• @jumli7 good point. Not totally sure on that in all honesty. I can't remember if it mentions it in the PoTC tall tales. I need to go do them again.

• @greengrimz said in Man O' War Adventure Mode World Boss:

@hotklou9848 said in Man O' War Adventure Mode World Boss:

Since it is unlikely we'll ever get a Man O' War as a player ship, I thought why not make it a naval world boss for Adventure mode? This world event would be harder than any other world event and would grant great rewards if you manage to kill it. The more in-depth specifics on it, such as where/how it would appear and how the world event and the boss itself would work, is still up for debate, although a few pages could be taken from the Tall Tale naval boss battles, but what do you guys think about the idea of it?

Actually, I posted a very similar concept quite some time ago. But mine was a skelly version of a man-o-war.

I even designed different phases of the fight, some of which included having to board this ship to disable certain defences before the naval combat continues.

I also had this crazy idea about the reward: your ship consumes the man-o-war's soul and obtains certain visual accents from it. And if we wanted to take this crazy further, I even proposed that the new and improved ship would allow for +1 additional player on that crew.

Sadly I can't seem to find this post of mine. I remember I searched fo 20 mins without success when I remembered it a while ago.

I did try and look for an older post about the same thing. Closest I could find was posts requesting a Man O' War player ship and this: https://www.seaofthieves.com/fr/community/forums/topic/123483/man-o-war-a-legendary-idea, but even the topic in the link doesn't really say much and I don't like their idea of how it could be implemented much. They suggested it being at the end of a skeleton fleet and giving you ancient coins as a reward, but I think it should be an event of its own (or perhaps even have it be a roaming boss like @Guyrza suggested) and it should not give ancient coins.

EDIT: Dang, I forgot to use the search thing in the Community tab. Still not quite used to it. There are a bunch of other posts regarding this topic. Still, I'd love this idea to be implemented. Here are a few other posts on the same topic:

• @greengrimz go onto your forum-profile, there is the option "profile", click on it, use the tab "themes"

With that, it's easier to find...

• @jumli7 Jack's "Treasure". The little trinket opens portals/allows passage between worlds, and is the Macguffin that explains how they came to our Sea of Thieves.

• @silentkiller646 ahh that's it, thanks. Do you remember how the Flying Dutchman ended up there, i guess he can just go under the water though so maybe doesn't need to pass through the shroud?

• @a10dr750 said in Man O' War Adventure Mode World Boss:

@silentkiller646 ahh that's it, thanks. Do you remember how the Flying Dutchman ended up there, i guess he can just go under the water though so maybe doesn't need to pass through the shroud?

Didn't he attack the Ferryman's ship in the Sea of the Damned and steal the Treasure which then, in turn, allowed him passage to the Sea of Thieves?

• @hotklou9848 but how did he end up on the Sea of the Damned? That's the afterlife for the SoT world. Davy Jones controls the afterlife outside of the Sea of Thieves which would be the locker as its referred to in PoTC. Sorry, this is hijacking your thread for the Man'O'War.

Personally it'd be nice to have some large boss battle ship but for now I'd say its not a priority. I'd prefer updates to Athena's Fortune, Reapers, Flameheart and replayability updates. We already have a lot of world events on offer. A new one doesn't offer that much to the game at this point.

@hotklou9848 but how did he end up on the Sea of the Damned? That's the afterlife for the SoT world. Davy Jones controls the afterlife outside of the Sea of Thieves which would be the locker as its referred to in PoTC. Sorry, this is hijacking your thread for the Man'O'War.

Personally it'd be nice to have some large boss battle ship but for now I'd say its not a priority. I'd prefer updates to Athena's Fortune, Reapers, Flameheart and replayability updates. We already have a lot of world events on offer. A new one doesn't offer that much to the game at this point.

Perhaps the very fact that he had control over an afterlife of his own in PoTC is why he was able to go to the afterlife of the Ferryman - they shared that power. And although he was killed in PoTC he somehow came back (according to Jack), likely also regaining his old powers.

I agree with you though that there are more important things the devs should be focusing on, but this is something I would love to see eventually.

• @hotklou9848 if the SoT timeline is after the 5th movie then Jone's return would be from the lifting of the curses at the end of the 5th film where Will is no longer bound to the Dutchman. But remember the Dutchman must always have a Captain. Hence Jone's return because he was bound to it before Will.

@hotklou9848 if the SoT timeline is after the 5th movie then Jone's return would be from the lifting of the curses at the end of the 5th film where Will is no longer bound to the Dutchman. But remember the Dutchman must always have a Captain. Hence Jone's return because he was bound to it before Will.

Makes sense. I forgot about Will being unbound from the Dutchman. Man, this brings back memories. Great ones. This weekend I'm gonna watch those movies again!

EDIT: It does indeed seem like SoT is set after the PoTC movies. Jack mentions both Jones having been dead and later coming back, which as you said clearly puts us at the very least after the 5th movie.

• I would love an AI man of war world event. I understand that Rare don’t want us killing AI humans. Our pirates are meant to be the only people on the seas. But I could see some sort of GMU team up, where Flameheart lures in a Union big ship, parting the shroud… and then possesses the entire crew with an Ashen or spectral curse. That way we get to fight possessed AI soldiers on a big ship.

I don't think we'll see an ai man'o'war ship that is controlled by a navy with ai humans. I could be slightly off here but I'm sure in the Athena's Fortune book its mentioned that large vessels can't pass through the shroud, the largest that can is the Galleon we currently have. Now a large prefab skeleton ship that acts as a boss is much more likely I think if it fits in with the lore.

Unless somebody sinister parted the shroud for them…

• I would honestly like a giant ship world event. Something really spectacular that maybe even needs multiple ships to take out. Would love it if it were rare like the FoF or maybe was a player started event like the Fotd

• Honestly I’d love a huge skelly ship. It could be say after the third fleet wave which is normally the last. It would spawn after that ave is defeated and contain high tier loot upon defeat. Skeleton Forts have received similar revamps in the form of skeleton lords after the defeat of the normal captain. Something like this for the fleets would be super cool!

• I see it as a final boss. Maybe flameheart updates his ship or another threat comes in.
    I

Gönderiler
Görüntüleme
communityfeedbackeventscompetition
1 / 21