Community Day

• Why not Community Weekend?
    Why not both?
    Weekend has whatever buff for loot/rep etc.
    Day has all the goodies.

That way it's less of a commitment for those who have to work on Day, to get goodies and can still take advantage of the buffs on one or two extra days.

I'll say it. Community Week.

貼文
    觀看數
  • COMMUNITY YEAR LOL!!

• It would inject way too much gold into the economy and prices would inflate massively.

BUT

Definitely more care needs to be taken to include people who maybe can't make a specific day.

• @personalc0ffee said in Community Day:

It would inject way too much gold into the economy and prices would inflate massively.

BUT

Definitely more care needs to be taken to include people who maybe can't make a specific day.

They changed Community Day to 2x gold/reputation and 3x renown (at max). So it isn't as big of a deal as Gold & Glory.

But when I say that, I feel I'm another player saying that nothing is enough. So I'm neutral on this. Rare makes the social, out-of-game stuff the focus of Community Day, so I can see them not thinking that having everyone get into the game as a priority.

It would inject way too much gold into the economy and prices would inflate massively.

BUT

They changed Community Day to 2x gold/reputation and 3x renown (at max). So it isn't as big of a deal as Gold & Glory.

But when I say that, I feel I'm another player saying that nothing is enough. So I'm neutral on this. Rare makes the social, out-of-game stuff the focus of Community Day, so I can see them not thinking that having everyone get into the game is a priority.

BUT

Why does that matter? What "economy?" Are you worried everyone is going to get the DA sails? There is no in-game advantage to buy with in-game currency. There is no "economy," everything is cosmetic. What are you afraid of, everyone will get their ship and their pirate looking how they want? Gold is already meaningless. What's the harm?

• @LordQulex
    @PersonalC0ffee

BUT

Why does that matter? What "economy?" Are you worried everyone is going to get the DA sails? There is no in-game advantage to buy with in-game currency. There is no "economy," everything is cosmetic. What are you afraid of, everyone will get their ship and their pirate looking how they want? Gold is already meaningless. What's the harm?

This ^^^

Let's not act like the 24/7 alliance servers are somehow "kept in check" so as not to mess up SoT's economy. They aren't. The game's "economy" is already irreparably destroyed mostly because of alliance servers...so...nothing wrong with letting the casual organic players get a chance to get some extra gold on a day when the risk is also hightened.

• @sweetsandman How is that ruined economy?

How is a person with 3 friends sailing not ruining economy for solo sloopers? You can stack FOTD's while the solo slooper would be digging up chests in Old Faitfhul.

If you would come back with an argument, well you can get 3 friends/randoms and stack it too?

Well everyone can join an alliance server and 'ruin the economy' as they are perfectly accepted by Rare.

At the same time, look we know what you mean, but at the same time you must realize your life and your cosmetics are not affected by any means, because of alliance server.

You could make a dog move a mouse while you make money, since a dog can't even understand how the game works, would him having DA sails ruin the economy too?

Please dude, it's a silly argument. If there was economy and alliance servers affected it, you would see high inflation and those sails would cost 80million instead of 8million. Then your argument would be valid.

• @zig-zag-ltu said in Community Day:

How is that ruined economy?

It's ruined significance is what it ruined, both server alliances and extreme hopping pvp have.

The issue with it is that the weight has entirely been put on organic play for the illusion of balance.

When they nerf they only nerf the organic play style, they've always let everything else run wild and catered to them and have enabled their effects on the game.

"Can't be havin' this random pver in risk reward making too much" meanwhile alliance people and even hopping pvpers are clearing 100 million+ a month with low to no risk.

Once significance is killed off the organic environment dies off which is what has been happening for a long time.

Significance wasn't killed off by playing risk/reward during cheesy events. It was killed off by 24/7 cheesing without contribution to server health by server alliances and coordinated hopping pvp.

Hopping pvp and coordinated alliances have been nerfed ZERO times over the years, in multiple ways they've been buffed and became more and more extreme in result.

The organic environment has been nerfed over and over in the past, to the point where they even literally killed all appeal for fresh content, thus killing the content activity, i.e. commodities.

• @wolfmanbush Calling a server with solo sloops and dedicated crews of 4 organic is cherry picking when talking about alliance servers.

I could go ahead and say that all of you who have a crew ''cheese the game'' and you don't deserve to have those cosmetics as you wouldn't have acquired them so easily yourself playing solo? Change my mind.

In a perfect and fair world where only honor matters - should these things exist, no. But I think the server hopping causes a bigger problem than players who play in alliance servers.

Alliance players usually had cosmetics from pirate emporium = Spent money = Better for the game
    PVP hoppers might have done it too, but most likely they have pushed some players away as well

And to be honest with you, when I was sailing with a crew of 4 for few months, we had two PVP sweats in our crew, who would do majority of the work during PVP and we were always looking for PVP doing FOTDs etc... that felt a lot more safe than alliance servers where we would get arrogant players with 100 hours who act like the ''know-alls'' and then almost sink the ship harpooning the athena/stronghold kegs and you would be bailing like a mad man trying to stay afloat ^^

Also back to your point regarding alliance servers, still that does not answer the question of how it ruined economy as this is just showing strong dislike for players on alliance servers.

I personally hated the server hoping PVP, spoke about it here too. However it was stated that the devs dont mind it, so I made a decision I can live with it, just do my best to avoid them.

But that still does not ruin any economy as there is no inflation for 'organic' players, amount of treasure you acquire from quests is the same, organic alliance is still possible.

Significance as you mentioned is another topic and I doubt anyone would argue against what you said. It's obvious that getting 8mil on as a solo sloop and getting it from alliance is two different topics.

So a lot of my contributions towards maxed faction levels is a lot more significant than people who have done it with a crew. But at the end of the day, who cares. You play for your own enjoyment and amusement.

If you earn 1000 or you win it in lotto, the result in your bank account is exactly the same. Arguing of legitimacy of acquiring that amount would be a dive to ones insecurities.

P.S. I played on alliance server to get DA sails as trinkets ate through the few million I had saved. It took me 2-3 days, would have been quicker if other crews weren't full of incompetent money earners. And I am very happy with my decision, I can see a lot better and enjoy the scenery more.
    It really grinded my gears when I was sailing and the waves rocked the ship where I had to wait to check the map, then go back to helm and wait for the ship to rock again until I could see in front without running to the front of the ship. I can live with anyone's opinion about my decision. Also never used another sail ever since. ^^

@wolfmanbush Calling a server with solo sloops and dedicated crews of 4 organic is cherry picking when talking about alliance servers.

Not many people take any issue with organically formed alliances in general or on the forums.

Organic alliances would happen with or without the gold cheesing, a lot of organic alliances never really go anywhere at all, it's just peaceful people making an alliance, very few people have an issue with that.

I avoid alliances for the most part but when I join them just to try to be nice to the people offering they rarely sell much of anything, they aren't the issue and even if they sold a boat load they wouldn't be the issue. In general the conversation is about coordinated 24/7 cheesing which has become more and more of a thing over the years. They try to do the "we are keeping an eye on it thing" well they kept an eye on it as it grew and grew lol. In numbers and in mass result.

• @wolfmanbush But it does not ruin anything for anyone, if anything they are an active community who spend money on the game and enjoy it that way.

Some people play counter strike just to surf.

Some people play COD just for zombies.

And you know what, it's ok. Let them enjoy the way it is, they bought a copy of the game, contributed to wellbeing of Rare and their staff and those contributions push forward development and them as a company. We only benefit from this. I suggest you try it yourself sometime, it's relaxing and fun, but gets boring quick :)

@wolfmanbush But it does not ruin anything for anyone, if anything they are an active community who spend money on the game and enjoy it that way.

You're right, they spend money on the game which is probably a big part of why they've been left alone so long and with their activity being used to pad stats.

just like extreme hopping pvp has been enabled and catered to because it is a major part of content creation both for their partners and the other popular content creators.

but coordinated alliance cheesing mixed with coordinated hopping pvp and features and decisions that cater to both have destroyed organic activity, so it harms things for people that cherish the organic experience within the game for themselves and for others that are new to the game and are being subjected to a lack of participation.

• @wolfmanbush Well, we could go to the advertisement trailers that have been here for years then.. Happy pirates, lots of treasure, joy and fun everywhere. So their expectations weren't met when they would be attacked 24/7 by bored PVP hungry pirates with no loot, just for the heck of it sometimes.

So as much as you don't like them, them playing in a segregated private community is better than them not playing at all.
    Agreed?
    Once their experience was ruined majority of them were left with two options quit the game/find a relaxing way to play it.

You can complain about emptier servers all you want, these people don't do it to entertain others and wouldn't stick around to be loot piñatas for pirates who only want to fight and steal . I would blame the ones making decisions at the top for creating such environment and commend those putting in effort to keep these players active and contributing to the game development.

Anyway, I have not seen any server hopping PVPers in a long run, so thank you Rare for Season 8 and solving this problem.

Anyway, I have not seen any server hopping PVPers in a long run, so thank you Rare for Season 8 and solving this problem.

temporary and even more so with the issues matchmaking has had and the cheating stuff going on

crews are already getting back to hopping around

after level 200ish the grind is largely not worth it to a lot of people because the reward drops off significantly

also this content has brought in more skill than any other content ever, the wolves wandering down off the hill will have a significant impact on any organic risk taking, that impact being it'll run people off.

• I have a question. Would it be better to convert my doubloons into gold this community day? Or should I wait to the next Gold and Glory weekend and use them during a rush hour? I don't know which multiplier is better.

• @dragotech123 said in Community Day:

I have a question. Would it be better to convert my doubloons into gold this community day? Or should I wait to the next Gold and Glory weekend and use them during a rush hour? I don't know which multiplier is better.

did they announce how much of a bump they are doing for community day? I didn't hear specifics in the trailer

gold and glory is double and community day has been all over the place on reward but if it turns out to be double+ then do it community day at the time you specified, just make sure to wait for the social media part to max out (typically pretty quick)

if for some reason it's less than double you can wait for a gold and glory

• @wolfmanbush said in Community Day:

@dragotech123 said in Community Day:

I have a question. Would it be better to convert my doubloons into gold this community day? Or should I wait to the next Gold and Glory weekend and use them during a rush hour? I don't know which multiplier is better.

did they announce how much of a bump they are doing for community day? I didn't hear specifics in the trailer

gold and glory is double and community day has been all over the place on reward but if it turns out to be double+ then do it community day at the time you specified, just make sure to wait for the social media part to max out (typically pretty quick)

if for some reason it's less than double you can wait for a gold and glory

I'm curious because gold and glory stacks with rush hour, which means the multiplier goes from 2x to 4x. But during community day they said that rush hour will be deactivated. But I don't know how much the multiplier is for this community day.

I'm curious because gold and glory stacks with rush hour, which means the multiplier goes from 2x to 4x. But during community day they said that rush hour will be deactivated. But I don't know how much the multiplier is for this community day.

https://www.seaofthieves.com/news/season-eight-community-day

There are five Community Emissary Grades to work through on the day, with the top Grade giving everyone two-and-a-half-times the regular amount of gold, reputation and Seasonal Renown for handing in hard-earned treasure. Better still, if you're also sailing as an Emissary for one of the Trading Companies, this multiplier stacks with any boosts accrued there too!

As with our last Community Day, the usual Gold Rush periods will be switched off for the duration of the day – so once that fifth Community Emissary Grade is unlocked, you can hand in loot for maximum value whenever you want.

and good call on this, very important info here

• @wolfmanbush Wait, but are community emmisary grades the same as normal emmisary grades? Or maybe I'm mistaken and are two different kinds of emmisaries that stack? A d those multipliers would not affect transforming doubloons into gold from Larinna, right?

@wolfmanbush Wait, but are community emmisary grades the same as normal emmisary grades? Or maybe I'm mistaken and are two different kinds of emmisaries that stack? A d those multipliers would not affect transforming doubloons into gold from Larinna, right?

essentially it's their social media emissary flag, it's an engagement thing, people post in qualifying ways and that engagement will eventually (typically) give the community the max gold boost

once everyone maxes it out with social media posting then it'll be maxed out for max prices on treasure

I'd follow their twitter on that day and once they say it's maxed out get to sellin' or turning in doubloons

and you can contribute as well via posts if you want to participate in it

After the strawberrybeard tragedy of Season 5's community day, Gold and Reputation multipliers will always lock to x2 for the day, and if rush hour is disabled for this community day, that means the multiplier for gold and reputation won't change. The Community Day multiplier usually affects renown gain, or any other extra traits like increased ancient skeleton spawns.

• Ok, thank you very much for the responses.

• @personalc0ffee I mean there is no econ so more gold isn't always bad. But also I do feel that the need to raise prices is a growing problem and is excluding new players from getting highly regarded equipment, which is ok but becomes a problem if that's all the equipment coming out cough cough DA cough Although I do feel that perhaps having it set where your crew could vote to participate in community day rewards n stuff in the first 15 min or whatever of a session could be good. And let that be an option for the week. That way you can kinda choose the day and people and be sure you're all free. Or maybe pull a classic and give everyone an E ticket where you can choose a "separate" mode on the title screen like "Community mode" which would work similarly to PotC mode. You're on the same server as everyone else but you get the extra rewards for however long you are on. And maybe there is just 1 day where you don't have to spend your E ticket. Once you use your ticket then you can't access it anymore. And you could even add an incentive for playing with people by having it be 1 ticket per crew. I think there are options but there are certainly disbenefits and problems with them all. But it definitely should be at least considered on how to make it more inclusive.

• @fysics3037 said in Community Day:

@personalc0ffee I mean there is no econ so more gold isn't always bad. But also I do feel that the need to raise prices is a growing problem and is excluding new players from getting highly regarded equipment, which is ok but becomes a problem if that's all the equipment coming out cough cough DA cough Although I do feel that perhaps having it set where your crew could vote to participate in community day rewards n stuff in the first 15 min or whatever of a session could be good. And let that be an option for the week. That way you can kinda choose the day and people and be sure you're all free. Or maybe pull a classic and give everyone an E ticket where you can choose a "separate" mode on the title screen like "Community mode" which would work similarly to PotC mode. You're on the same server as everyone else but you get the extra rewards for however long you are on. And maybe there is just 1 day where you don't have to spend your E ticket. Once you use your ticket then you can't access it anymore. And you could even add an incentive for playing with people by having it be 1 ticket per crew. I think there are options but there are certainly disbenefits and problems with them all. But it definitely should be at least considered on how to make it more inclusive.

No. Just, no.

Community Day, from what I can gather, is not only a chance to celebrate this game's (shrinking) community, but since the community day multiplier is based on using the hashtag on Twitter, this is just an occasional attempt to get the game trending on social media.

None of what you just suggested would even work remotely close to what community day is about.

• @nex-stargaze Ok well how about instead of saying no you can try making a clear thesis, establishing a line of reasoning, pointing out any logical fallacies, and using a backable claim to create a solid argument. Instead of "No cus that's not how it works rn." The whole point of this thread is to discuss changes, if it doesn't work like that now it can change. Idk why people think change can't happen. For example, every community day we have seen a change from how it worked last time. That's a real supportable and evident fact btw. Try it out, it works wonders.

• @fysics3037 said in Community Day:

@nex-stargaze Ok well how about instead of saying no you can try making a clear thesis, establishing a line of reasoning, pointing out any logical fallacies, and using a backable claim to create a solid argument. Instead of "No cus that's not how it works rn." The whole point of this thread is to discuss changes, if it doesn't work like that now it can change. Idk why people think change can't happen. For example, every community day we have seen a change from how it worked last time. That's a real supportable and evident fact btw. Try it out, it works wonders.

Community Day is a single day event that focuses more on community contributions than rewarding players immensely. Getting extra rewards while playing is just an additional perk to playing the game on this one day in these 4-month seasons that, depending on one's availability, might not be able to even remotely participate in.

Separating players based on if they want to participate in this one day activity is absolutely pointless when you're just doing the same thing you'd do on normal servers, on one Saturday. Everything about your idea would not be worth even a modicum of effort the devs already have to go through while they have to clasp their hands and pray the servers don't immediately fall apart once the day starts and the Community multiplier maxes out.

You lot have imaginations, but you lack the perspectives of game development and probability. Alongside that, trying to do the funny "let players do the thing they want to do in a perfectly safe environment where no one frustrates you" thing is an old, tired, and commonly rejected concept because it sounds exactly what you know it will sound like.

• They tried to balance things around the average player but there are some things they have put in the game that are just ridiculously expensive for no reason to try eat up all that injected gold.

It won't work and they should stop that.

I would actually be in favor of a community "week" and no gold bump up.

• @personalc0ffee Do they have any more of those injections?

I feel the only players that have stacks of gold sitting on their account are the ones with x000s of hours, basically active day one players. And the ones who never buy anything.

@personalc0ffee Do they have any more of those injections?

I feel the only players that have stacks of gold sitting on their account are the ones with x000s of hours, basically active day one players. And the ones who never buy anything.

You've got Gold and Glory day and its sub versions.

Gold Rush which happens every day twice per day. Times are listed on the event page.

Community Day - Where they raise the gold and reputations based on community engagement.

There are also sometimes just sporadic event days where they give more gold or reputation, like during xmas season one year.

• See community day is about the COMMUNITY and celebrating it.

The gold and rep bonus is just a bonus. It is not the sole goal or focus for Community Day.

• @personalc0ffee I know about them, I was just joking. It's basically a quote from Dave Chappelle's show, where he was playing a character named Tyrone Biggums. It became a meme these days.

But yeah with every new item costing in hundreds of thousands if not millions and a solo session of 2hours that doesn't even net you 100k I find the cost/reward balance to be outdated. Especially with the trinkets. But perhaps this is a way for developers to separate players who play and earn a lot and fresh new players. I have encountered a new player at an outpost last week, just finishing athenas emissary and I gave him all the loot that wasn't Athenas. I probably looked like Warren Buffett in comparison.

P.S. I think Goldrush hour is executed poorly. There are no in game notifications, active timers or anything so you need to keep an eye on your watch. If you just started sailing and the gold rush is on, it might not be worth to sell anything as emissary value would give you more. And since its only 60 minutes, you might not be able to reach the desired grade.

I think it would make more sense to have the whole server/community to contribute to it daily with deeds/voyages etc. Once the mark is reached, perhaps a notification like world event would be on and it would last for 2 hours or more?

• Ok so I’m having a hard time understanding what everyone’s problem with pvp server hoppers is I mean other than it might ruin your peaceful little server

• It kinda goes with their whole FOMO mentality for this game. Why were twitch drops only a one day thing? Took streamers years of begging for them to make the drops better. While yes we have to watch for longer now we can get the whole set of drops in one day vs having to remember to tune in every day and if we missed a day in the past oh well sucks to be us.

Similarly why didn't they add the gilded voyages to the NPC to buy like previous years? Because its a holiday only thing and they didn't want the voyages available for 2 whole months since they are now rarely patching the game and planned to take a whole month off from work? So basically if you didn't log in xmas weekend because you were spending time with family... Well sucks to be you. Same as having it be double rep and gold that same weekend. Like who in their right mind thought that was a good idea? fomo fomo fomo. And if they were going to auto deliver the voyages they could have allowed us to carry more than one. With then being on a vendor if you still had one in your inventory you would know you had to use it before buying a new one instead you just missed out on the new voyage because you already had one. And if you wanted order of souls or merchants for commendation reasons? Oh well Gold hoarders and athena are the only ones anyone cares about right so those are the only 2 you can get.

Considering Rare is all about the "community" and player interactions you would think they would dedicate more time like you said a weekend if not an entire week if it's only happening once per season to celebrate what is their core mission statement of the game. People getting together to just have fun weather that's good spirited pvp or shenanigans. Considering how much toxicity is in this game you would think an event that is supposed to highlight their core vision for the game would get more than 1 day of "celebration"

They made a statement back during the cursed sails event that going forward they wouldn't be doing events like that poorly designed one, where there was a reward for doing each skeleton fleet region of the world and the fleets were active at a fixed time in each region. And with events only lasting 2 weeks back then you had to find time in that 2 week period to be available during each one of the invasion windows. So if you have a job or school during one of the region events... Well you could call out sick I guess? Basically by making new fomo stuff that's ONE day only! They are contradicting that prior statement IMO. I could be wrong on this but I imagine the majority of players don't even know these events happen. If they happen to get the rewards it's because they just logged in that day to play like normal and oh surprise something was going on. You can tell by their subscribers to their social media that the number of people following them is insanely small compared to the number of pirates created (players) that they love to boast about.

Basically if anything community day just shines a huge spotlight on everything wrong with the developers mindset for this game. Not just FOMO but only being available for 1 day. They put it on a Saturday because hey its the weekend... No one works Saturdays... Except for those who do, and to those people? Sorry I guess...

• Wow guys, I just wanted more people to be able to enjoy community day. Like those poor schlubs who have to work nights and weekends so you can get your takeout, overpriced coffee and hobby supplies whenever you want.

I didn't need a discourse on the game's economy (wt heck, there's no trading? THERE'S NO ECONOMY) Or see you waving your privilege around in everyone's face.

Weekends are a thing and the majority is served by it being on a weekend. Most of the people I want to help are still working Fri, Sat, Sun and would still have extremely limited access to the fun.

Community Wednesday.

COMMUNITY

貼文
觀看數
頁數 34/35