What would make more players want to do the fleets in Sea of Thieves

• I believe personally if you wanted this you should make the ‘Fleet of Lords’ where there’s ten waves but four flagships at the last 4 waves with a sloop or galleon with them while the first 6 waves alternate between two galleons and three sloops for difficulty

Now the interesting part is that these will drop even higher loot when a ship is sank there’s a guaranteed 2 to 3 storage crates per ship and sloops will drop Athena trinkets and their usual haul upon sinking all 3
    Galleons will drop 3 ritual skulls and 4 storage crates along with the loot from 2 galleons this will encourage a major fight for loot

Finally the 4 flagships will drop their normal haul of a flagship in wave 7 double in 8 and 9
    And a very large some of loot consisting of reapers bounties and Athena loot on wave ten

貼文
    觀看數
    communityevents
  • I don't think the answer to getting players to do something is, or should be, "just slap Athena loot in it".

• @d3adst1ck said in What would make more players want to do the fleets in Sea of Thieves:

I don't think the answer to getting players to do something is, or should be, "just slap Athena loot in it".

I'd argue that would actually be more substantial for Athena's Fortune emissaries to be exposed and have more risky activities to undergo

Would make finding the insanely hard to capture Grade V Athena Emissaries a slight bit easier to actually find on the seas.

• You know what. I can see Athena loot working IF there was a special ship - with an awesome new cosmetic appearance… AND it worked like an ancient coin skeleton…
    A galleon that only appears in the fight temporarily - when there are at least 2 other skellie galleons out - and that you must concentrate all fire on it, to even stand a chance of sinking it in time, before it dips down below the waves again… leaving your ship exposed to the other skellie galleons. Risk/reward.
    This might even promote completing the event with allies to ensure you get the Athena loot. And then we have a world of betrayals and loot steal potential that opens up!

Could be a special skellie fleet world event where time is of the essence.

• I want more ways to acquire Wraithballs.

• @ollieoxenfree said in What would make more players want to do the fleets in Sea of Thieves:

I want more ways to acquire Wraithballs.

Me too :(

• Making it more difficult by adding a bigger (or just really tough) "boss ship" at the end would be dope. Also have more treasure when sinking. This would also encourage players to search for alliances in order to even stand a chance against the boss ship

• @the-slayer2906
    Adding extra loot has not worked in the past to get people to do fleets. At least not in the majority. Though, your idea is to have a fleet that is more than twice as long, and give more loot than anything as a result. It's an interesting idea, and I think another naval battle on the seas would be great. But I don't think it should just be a Fort of Fortune, but on the sea.
    Personally, an event like the one you suggest should give good rewards early on. It wouldn't be right to expect a crew to be there for 2-3 hours for anything.

• @the-slayer2906 what could make me do fleets again after getting my legendary cannons won't be more loot.

Let's get some time limited/stupid high grind cosmetics in the mix like the original cursed sails. Since you are also proposing to return fleets to their former strength.

• Weren’t Skeleton Fleets nerfed a while back because people complained they ran out of supplies/ took too long?

I’m sure it used to be 8 or 10 ships in total and were much harder? 🤔

• @thetwistedtaste said in What would make more players want to do the fleets in Sea of Thieves:

Weren’t Skeleton Fleets nerfed a while back because people complained they ran out of supplies/ took too long?

I’m sure it used to be 8 or 10 ships in total and were much harder? 🤔

10 ships, all galleons, 5 waves I think. During cursed sails they were meant to be done in teams with other player ships. They were then added as a permanent world event but reduced to 4-6 ships, sometimes only 1 in a wave with 3 waves total and a mix of sloops and galleons as we see today.

• @ollieoxenfree said in What would make more players want to do the fleets in Sea of Thieves:

I want more ways to acquire Wraithballs.

When i get them I dont log off till I spot poor sailors to smash them with.

• My suggestion in the past partially involved rehauling supplies a bit, however, I feel it fits here. To incentivize the player base in the systematic destruction of Cursed Ships remove random Curses from barrels and such and place them on the ships as a sinking reward. Give them a decent stack of 3-5 Per ship. This basic change can provide a tangible session based advantage and will drive players, who normally wouldn't engage in ships, to get a buff in their combat capabilities. It only makes more sense considering the Cursed Ships were the harbingers of Curses all together. It makes perfect sense that they would be the ultimate source of this tool. Its rather fitting narrative wise.

We currently have an inflation issue, throwing more better loot just makes all the rest of the loot around just trash in the ocean. We need to stop just tossing more loot at problems.

貼文
觀看數
communityevents
頁數 4/13