Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.3

• Patch Notes - 1.2.3

Ahoy pirates!

Last week we fixed the issue which prevented players from obtaining The Fleet Protector of the Ancient Isles Commendation. We have now retroactively awarded the Commendation to all players who unlocked the Commendation before the fix was implemented last week.

This is the final week of Cursed Sails, making this week your final chance to obtain the campaign-exclusive Bone Crusher Ship Liveries! This patch has no download, as we are making server side changes during the scheduled maintenance window.

Updates

alt text

• Cursed Sails Battle Times - Battle times have been rotated to give players who can only play during fixed times the opportunity to battle for a different region each week.
      This change was made in response to community feedback.

Fixed Issues

• Fleet Protectors of the Ancient Isles Commendation now unlocks correctly.
      Players who have met the requirements for the commendation and did not earn it before the fix have now been awarded the Commendation correctly.

Known Issues

• The Kraken has been temporarily disabled due to performance issues.
      We are working to enable this feature as quickly as possible.
    • Merchant Alliance crates on board a ship which sinks will not float to the surface and cannot be picked up.
    • When a player receives multiple alliance offers within close proximity, accepting one alliance will form an alliance with all crews offering an alliance.
      Accepting an offer should only form an alliance with the closest crew. We have a fix for this issue which will be released in next weeks patch.

Looking For Crew?

alt text

Looking for new crewmates? We've got a bunch of places you can visit to seek out like-minded pirates, so sail on over to these official Sea of Thieves hangouts:

Views
  • Wee!! Love me some patch notes!

• @khaleesibot There is a 'b' missing from Abhoy! ;)

• Patch notes 1.2.3... has a nice ring to it!

Good luck to those pirates using this final week to earn those commendations!

@triheadedmonkey Well spotted, tsk tsk!

• Hoping the Kraken returns soon. Starting to miss the big guy.

• @khaleesibot

Nothing to download so let's head straight back out onto those seas! Hoist the colours!

• Sigh... I guess no fixes for the bugs the community is running into this week. Here's hoping for next week.

1.Barrels of plenty despawn as soon as you jump off your boat.
    2.Crash to desktop when firing cannon.
    3.Unlootable barrels on islands after pvp fight.
    4.Unable to turn in loot at outposts npcs (so far has happened at Plunder Outpost, and Golden Sands) until you die then you can turn in.
    5.Extreme lag on servers (200-600 ping spikes), and studdering. If you enter and exit a cannon it helps with the issue.
    6.Inside cannon noise when fired from cannon.
    7.Bass boom as you approach island is rumbling my bass tube crazy and annoying in headphones. Not necessarily a bug but damn its annoying.
    8.Gray screen then crash to desktop after taking mermaid.
    9.Friend did sleep emote. On my screen he is still standing up. On his screen he's laying down.
    10.If you shoot barrel while a person holds it on main mast of brigatine. It doesn't kill player and barrel blows up under ship. Instead of up on the mast.
    11.Galleon sails faster into head wind if it puts the sails directly forward. Same applies to sloop.
    12.Drunken sailor song continuws to play continuously after turning in or aqcuiring a thousand grog chest. Only way to get rid of song is to relog.
    13.When taking a mermaid you span on. A nearby island instead of your ship. This especially happens when fighting skeleton ships.
    14.Cannon reload bug. You hear the sound of the cannon but it didn't reload.
    15.You fire cannon and hear the sound but no cannon ball was fired.
    16.If u right click plank prior to repairing your ship. It doesn't make the repairing sound anymore.
    17.Extremely long load times when taking mermaid back to boat. I could hear my boat creaking in audio. Typically load time is 5 seconds. Sometimes 20 to 30 seconds which could be a game changer.
    18.Character spawning in and when u walk ur character is leaning. U are unable to walk over steps in terrain. If u do an emote it cures the problem.
    19.Crew mates spawn as green skeletons ever since the Cursed Sails event started. This happened to me twice. My friend sees me as a skeleton but when i do an emote, my character isn't a skeleton.
    20.If you do an emote while picking up an object, ie. gun powder, chicken coop, etc. it disappears until you leave the emote. You have to both pickup object and select emote at the same time. I saw this on a stream recently haven't tested it myself.
    21.skeletons with guns are shooting without aiming and firing while reloading. I haven't personally ran into this bug but it was voiced by the community.
    22.so many objects that I hop on give me a black screen then I'm teleported back to the boat. I can't count the amount of times I was sneaking up on a boat or in the middle of a fight on an island..... and I get the black screen and i'm teleported back to my boat.... I've had loot in my hands... the skull fort key... Can ya'll fix this?
    23.spawn on to boat and u are stuck in the brig. Sad story about this bug in another thread. https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/71091/sea-of-bugs-from-an-angry-player
    24.random almond beards.... thinking a lot of the bugs above are being caused by hamsters running the servers?

• Updated times for week 4 Skelly crews
    https://i.imgur.com/24Q52GQ.png
    https://i.imgur.com/Y4Jc3IJ.png

• I gotta stop doing Athena and get the last two ships. Ah well on to the next mission.

• @treefittymonsta

And I'd very much hope that the members of the community who are experiencing these issues will all submit tickets so they can be logged and passed on to the relevant teams. Luckily I have only run into a very small selection of these on an occasional basis.

• @katttruewalker said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.3:

@treefittymonsta

And I'd very much hope that the members of the community who are experiencing these issues will all submit tickets so they can be logged and passed on to the relevant teams. Luckily I have only run into a very small selection of these on an occasional basis.

We've been reporting the bugs. I'm just tired of not seeing these bugs on the known issues. They could at least acknowledge that people are having these issues with the game, so we know they are actively looking for a solution. Especially the crashing to desktop issues. I've been reporting the crashing issues since mid-july.

I have a solid rig to run this game and this is the only game I play that has this many issues in it. Well... alot of the early access games I play have similar issues.

• @katttruewalker there are only so many times we can put in tickets with the repeating issues only to receive the infamous email saying the issue is being looked into or it's been resolved when it has not. I'd give my right peg leg and left eye patch to have cannons working correctly again.

• Out of that huge list of bugs above I have only seen the bottom too and those have gone on for quite some time. A lot of the rest of that sounds like it's probably PC problems. My wife and I are both an Xbox One x's and have seen none of the rest of those issues and we play quite a bit.

• If you've reported a bug @treefittymonsta, then we're aware. We want every player who sets sail to have a positive experience, so we work hard to allocate resources to squishing pesky bugs. Some take longer than others to resolve, but know that if you've reported it, we're aware!

• @teh-red-zman I've seen some of these on Xbox at least six of them. The rest are defiantly pc issues.

• These are the turning tides of the conflict

• @khaleesibot said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.3:

If you've reported a bug @treefittymonsta, then we're aware. We want every player who sets sail to have a positive experience, so we work hard to allocate resources to squishing pesky bugs. Some take longer than others to resolve, but know that if you've reported it, we're aware!

Well your company used to acknowledge issues in the game in every patch note issuance. By not acknowledging them now only makes me feel you are choosing not to list them to give the appearance of a flawless game.

I know for my side I have to resort to a reconnection mule so I can solo play the game due to crashing to desktop. I've watched streamers crashing to desktop as well. Please add these to your known issues list so we know that someone is looking at them. I've got a pile of generic acknowledgement emails and I'm still having isses.

• @iceman-0007 said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.3:

@teh-red-zman I've seen some of these on Xbox at least six of them. The rest are defiantly pc issues.

Yah. My wife plays on Xbox and has none of these issues. That's why I use her account as a reconnection mule when I play solo.

• @slave2thesave said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.3:

Updated times for week 4 Skelly crews
    https://i.imgur.com/oyFF7b5.png
    https://i.imgur.com/Y4Jc3IJ.png

Wow dude that is incredibly useful. Not all heroes wear capes.

(There is a minor typo in the top image. For Ancient Isles in the eastern time zone, it says 8am-12am but it should be 8pm-12am)

• @treefittymonsta said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.3:

Sigh... I guess no fixes for the bugs the community is running into this week. Here's hoping for next week.

4.Unable to turn in loot at outposts npcs (so far has happened at Plunder Outpost, and Golden Sands) until you die then you can turn in.
    5.Extreme lag on servers (200-600 ping spikes), and studdering. If you enter and exit a cannon it helps with the issue.
    7.Bass boom as you approach island is rumbling my bass tube crazy and annoying in headphones. Not necessarily a bug but damn its annoying.
    9.Friend did sleep emote. On my screen he is still standing up. On his screen he's laying down.
    10.If you shoot barrel while a person holds it on main mast of brigatine. It doesn't kill player and barrel blows up under ship. Instead of up on the mast.
    11.Galleon sails faster into head wind if it puts the sails directly forward. Same applies to sloop.
    12.Drunken sailor song continuws to play continuously after turning in or aqcuiring a thousand grog chest. Only way to get rid of song is to relog.
    13.When taking a mermaid you span on. A nearby island instead of your ship. This especially happens when fighting skeleton ships.
    16.If u right click plank prior to repairing your ship. It doesn't make the repairing sound anymore.
    17.Extremely long load times when taking mermaid back to boat. I could hear my boat creaking in audio. Typically load time is 5 seconds. Sometimes 20 to 30 seconds which could be a game changer.
    18.Character spawning in and when u walk ur character is leaning. U are unable to walk over steps in terrain. If u do an emote it cures the problem.

Looks at the list of 150 bugs in Total War Warhammer 2 many of which are game breaking and/or still haven't been patched in nearly a year
    I think we're doing fine. :P
    Also Creative Assembly needs to learn to patch their games.

• Kudos for the extra week.

Albeit a little disappointing that Wanda is simply the Cpt for Shores of Plenty for week 3 and 4.
    I had convinced myself she would have a larger role to play in the final week even more so after i see the event extension.
    Alas she is not but another Cursed Cpt same as all the others that came the weeks before her nothing special at all bar her wig and clothing to separate her as the main antagonist and reason for the skellington ships coming into being.
    One very wasted opportunity imo, i can only hope she will play a further possibly larger role with the addition of skelli ships to the persistent world.

• @sten-whik said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.3:

@treefittymonsta said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.3:

Sigh... I guess no fixes for the bugs the community is running into this week. Here's hoping for next week.

Looks at the list of 150 bugs in Total War Warhammer 2 many of which are game breaking and/or still haven't been patched in nearly a year
    I think we're doing fine. :P
    Also Creative Assembly needs to learn to patch their games.

Ah ok. So it's the new norm to have bug riddled game. I see. I was hoping rare would set a certain standard. Let's hope my list does exceed 150 bugs because I'm going to continue to post it.

Really the main bugs that I'm concerned with are the ones that crash the game. I have zero crash issues with other games, at the moment on my current pc rig.

• @teh-red-zman and #16 is a feature! It allows us to stealth repair.

• Cursed Sails Battle Times - Battle times have been rotated to give players who can only play during fixed times the opportunity to battle for a different region each week.

I'm liking that one!

• Just as a note for those that are using the Chrome/Firefox extension, the times and crews have updated automatically and will do so for all future events/happenings out on the Sea of Thieves.

https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/70761/in-game-clock-and-events-chrome-firefox-extension

• @treefittymonsta said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.3:

Ah ok. So it's the new norm to have bug riddled game. I see.

Games have always been bug riddled. Though before patches were a thing the ones with game breaking bugs usually didn't get bought (Pac-Man still did well considering you can't actually complete it).

@treefittymonsta said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.3:

I was hoping rare would set a certain standard. .

The standard most games stick to is a patch every one to three months, Rare patches every one to two weeks. Sure they don't get everything, new bugs pop up all the time with each content drop, and you are in the right to expect them to be patched, but what they do get they get in a timely manner (60% of the time it works every time :P ).

• @khaleesibot Here's hoping they adjust the EQ for the next patch - kinda tired of the exceeding amount of booming bass whenever I go to an island, pass an island, do a sunken ship (and for the Meg, to be honest - I don't know why it needs to sound like a freight train in a gravel pit.) I see what they were trying to do with the island/sunken ship banners, but it feels unnecessary and the bass is way too much.

• Good luck to everyone in this final week of the event, wouldn't want to miss those awesome rewards and many, many doubloons :D

• Thank you for your feedback @treefittymonsta.

Two things happen when you submit a bug report, if we can resolve it for you right away, we will send you the information. If we cannot resolve it for you, we will let you know we've logged it with the development team.

We post our biggest issues in Known Issues, but we're always working on lots of other bugs or issues. This is why our Fixed Issues often contain issues which have never appeared in the Known Issues.

• @bran-the-ent said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.3:

@khaleesibot Here's hoping they adjust the EQ for the next patch - kinda tired of the exceeding amount of booming bass whenever I go to an island, pass an island, do a sunken ship (and for the Meg, to be honest - I don't know why it needs to sound like a freight train in a gravel pit.) I see what they were trying to do with the island/sunken ship banners, but it feels unnecessary and the bass is way too much.

I wish there was an option to disable the ribbon altogether. It's annoying because it covers up your health and bullet quantity hud.

• @khaleesibot said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.3:

Thank you for your feedback @treefittymonsta.

Two things happen when you submit a bug report, if we can resolve it for you right away, we will send you the information. If we cannot resolve it for you, we will let you know we've logged it with the development team.

We post our biggest issues in Known Issues, but we're always working on lots of other bugs or issues. This is why our Fixed Issues often contain issues which have never appeared in the Known Issues.

I consider the game crashing as a big issue, but that's just me. This bug has affected me ever since mid July and countless streamer I watch. I've reported it multiple times.

• @treefittymonsta #11 has been that way since the alpha mate. Not sure when it became less than common knowledge that that's the way the physics work for some reason. I've told people about this repeatedly since launch but some havent believed me and would still turn sails from straight ahead.

• I'm on Xbox and #5 has become a serious issue for us - I reported it last week... I also just reported the two Old Salts Atoll issues: 1. cannot bail water from the ship and 2. cannot fire cannons (cannonballs explode immediately)

• I'm not sure why the THX-like low frequency "Thooom" was added to island title approach but it is unnecessary and many folks have said it actually makes them uncomfortable. More than a reason to remove it IMO.

• Thanks all for your additional replies. My post of bugs is a post of frustration. I love this game, I want it to succeed. I just want these issues recognized and fixed now. Some have been in the game for too long. If we just stay quiet it will just mean we have become complacent with a bug riddled game... And I for one am not going to stand for it.

Views
26 out of 74