Sea of Bugs (From an angry player)

• We started our game with the brigantine during the refuelling phase. This phase was full of freeze from all of us 3, playing with two separete connections (for those who can think it was a connection problem). Pass on the often FPS drops, (at this point, usual on the game) we left behind the island where we've done refuelling and then a raid spawned, so we went on course.

We remained on a island full of treasures and skulls. Skulls that even tho they had sharp weapons, loaded guns and barrels of gunpowder, they were harmless, so together we approached them and made ourselves undead friends, caressing them as pets.

The trip was strangely easy. Or at least, in THEORY. Because once I got the mermaid to go back to the ship, after I fell in the water, I respowned inside the jail. My friends had to vote to put me on the jail, because the game didn't recognize me as a prisioner. So I was in jail, my friends voted to imprison me, the game reload the point of respawn, so I had to wait there till the timer allowed my friends to free me. This thing will happen to me 2 more times during this game session.

Done the raid we went to the outpost to deliver the treasures. The Megalodon arrives. But he isn't the same fearsome shark that we all know, no no, it's the new hyper turbo engine 3000 in which the charge bugs from the back of the ship and pushes us at a speed that even a shuttle can't reach. With, obviously, various pentration from the little fish between lots of rocks.

OK, that's good, let's go on.

We delivered the stuff having some problems with the traders that didn't allow us to buy anything, so we move on to the East of Maruder's Arch to challenge the skeletal crew.

We challenge the various waves, one behind the other and finally arrive at the captain. With low resources remaining and the annoying timer that reset every time we get hit from the balls (congratulations to who had this brilliant idea), we always got raised the sails. In some way we are about to sink the captain, I start to foretaste the gold, but..

the game.. CRASHED. Only at me. Telling me that the crash happened because of the internet connection, when in the wall next to mine, my brother was playing with me with the SAME connection. I try to join again, while the captain was sinking and, obviously, I didn't get the achievement. During the attempt to reconnect, it shows me an error, that taken from the nervousness, I didn't read the phrase well, but it talked about my INACTIVITY.

Meanwhile, I hear my friends in difficulty because they were left without boards to repair a little hole while they were climbing up the treasures. So, I try again to reconnect, I did it! I'm ready to help them! If it wasn't for the fact that I WAS IN JAIL AGAIN! During all of this, the audio of the inn bugged, hearing it for all the time during the battle.

We went to the nearest outpost, while delivering the stuff puuum. I crashed again.

I rejoined the game, because meanwhile, a sloop that I saw in the last second before crashing was coming and... I WAS IN JAIL AGAIN!.

My friends won against the sloop, and waited me to deliver the loot, we did it.

I described a usual game session lasting about 2 hours.

Now, I don't like to talk about the work of other people, especially when I'm not able to express my opinion more thoroughly. But, those problem always occur. From a session of 10 minutes to a session of 2 hours (and surely I have left out some stuff). There are problems that this game has from the Day One and the Beta, I repeat that I don't like to talk about the work of other people, but CLEARLY, some developer or programmer doesn't know how to their work, maybe it's better to assume someone better to guarantee a better service. Because I spent money for this game, I do not have the game-pass, I BOUGHT IT, also to finance the development company. But if EVERY game session present bugs, glitches or anything else that waste the game experience, I think (and I'm not the only one) that I wasted my money.

Thing that I don't want to think about, because I hope this game will be a REAL game, mentioning Pinocchio.

Best regards from a angry and disappointed player, not the only one.

P.S. Sorry for the errors.

JokerJK27, Zeframknox, SylverDrake17.

Views
  • I gave up on trying to get rare to acknowledge the issue with players spawning in the brig at random, I will probably book a ticket to fly to the next place the rare devs are and tell them to their face about it because here in the forums I'm clearly wasting my time.

I also reported the random lazybeard after attempting to reconnect but customer support was not very helpful telling me what I already know instead of looking into this problem.

• Sea of bugs indeed. I suggest posting in the patch note thread. Mods are notorious for closing down threads where people vent about the bugs in game.

We also have a community list of 'known' unknown bugs that rare has/has not yet to acknowledge exist in the game.

• Lastnight took me 2 hours to do a skull fort. All waves has skellys with guns. I pushed back waves and waves of papers. Got to the captain. Got blown up by a skelly and when the ferry of the damned doors opened up I was unable to portal. It then kicked me back to the select a shop screen. I was heated. Not to mention that on my sloop everytime I went to grab the wheel it would launch me into the mast ladder about 40% of the time

• @jokerjk27

Sea of bugs, Sea of freeze, etc...

I feel your pain. Can you please provide additional details that aren't related to the game?

Such as:
    What area of the world are you playing from?

Are you using a third party Anti-Virus and/or Firewall? If yes, which ones?

Are you using a specialty Ethernet card such as a "Killer Networking" card and associated software?

You mentioned you and your brother are playing off of the same connection... what router are you guys using? Double check the actual router settings and make sure that the router isn't prioritizing a certain address. I had a previous roommates that was guilty of doing that.

Finally, what error do you receive under Events Viewer when your game crashes?

Make sure to enable your FPS and Ping counter in the top left. Keep an eye on it to see if it spikes. When it does, see if there is something going on in the background that is causing this. Background software updates always happen at the worst possible time and they rarely announce their activity.

• @xpvtx said in Sea of Bugs (From an angry player):

@jokerjk27

Sea of bugs, Sea of freeze, etc...

I feel your pain. Can you please provide additional details that aren't related to the game?

Such as:
    What area of the world are you playing from?

Are you using a third party Anti-Virus and/or Firewall? If yes, which ones?

Are you using a specialty Ethernet card such as a "Killer Networking" card and associated software?

You mentioned you and your brother are playing off of the same connection... what router are you guys using? Double check the actual router settings and make sure that the router isn't prioritizing a certain address. I had a previous roommates that was guilty of doing that.

Finally, what error do you receive under Events Viewer when your game crashes?

Make sure to enable your FPS and Ping counter in the top left. Keep an eye on it to see if it spikes. When it does, see if there is something going on in the background that is causing this. Background software updates always happen at the worst possible time and they rarely announce their activity.

I have the same issues with Sea of thieves as the original poster. I would believe my issues we're on my side if I had issues with other games. But I have no issues with other games only Sea of thieves.

My wife plays on Xbox and has none of these issues. I believe it's the PC version of the game that is unstable.

• @treefittymonsta said in Sea of Bugs (From an angry player):

I have the same issues with Sea of thieves as the original poster. I would believe my issues we're on my side if I had issues with other games. But I have no issues with other games only Sea of thieves.

My wife plays on Xbox and has none of these issues. I believe it's the PC version of the game that is unstable.

I have experienced every issue possible playing this game on PC while my Xbox One version works flawlessly (except that the load times on the Xbox are absolutely miserable).

I'm on your side man. I know just how painful these problems can be. I would like to help you with your issues but I need more data in order to do so.

Can you please also answer the questions I listed for the original poster?

• @urihamrayne said in Sea of Bugs (From an angry player):

I gave up on trying to get rare to acknowledge the issue with players spawning in the brig at random, I will probably book a ticket to fly to the next place the rare devs are and tell them to their face about it because here in the forums I'm clearly wasting my time.

I also reported the random lazybeard after attempting to reconnect but customer support was not very helpful telling me what I already know instead of looking into this problem.

this is they way that the game try's to anti greef, if a mission is active on a small crew then it will put you in the brig. thats why if you join into the game on the sloop mid mission youll be brigged

• @omega-131313 I doubt you have a quote from Rare proving that you are saying isn't pure conjecture.

• @treefittymonsta said in Sea of Bugs (From an angry player):

Sea of bugs indeed. I suggest posting in the patch note thread. Mods are notorious for closing down threads where people vent about the bugs in game.

We also have a community list of 'known' unknown bugs that rare has/has not yet to acknowledge exist in the game.

Where is that?

• You’re not alone. This game often has bad latency issues which causes all the lag compared to other games you might play. I don’t remember having an issue getting kicked out of games randomly, but I do spawn in the brig sometimes and I’ll get the inactivity error when I’m not inactive. The inactive error pops up right as I join into a game.

• nice troll thread. I like how people are responding as if this real.

• @violentandroid said in Sea of Bugs (From an angry player):

@treefittymonsta said in Sea of Bugs (From an angry player):

Sea of bugs indeed. I suggest posting in the patch note thread. Mods are notorious for closing down threads where people vent about the bugs in game.

Where is that?

Here you go:

https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/70926/patch-notes-discussion-1-2-3/62

• @marsmayflower said in Sea of Bugs (From an angry player):

nice troll thread. I like how people are responding as if this real.

It's not a troll thread at all. This story has happened to me many times, unfortunately. Hopefully Rare will address the pile of bugs that reside in the game in the current build.

• looks like a typical cryptic joker post.

Views
1 out of 15