Encounter help

• How do you avoid having to log out every time you see another ship? It isn’t fun when I can’t complete any quests because I lose them when I log back in.

Views
  • @sunkenvessel100 Why are you logging out every time you see another ship?

• Because they come and sink me most of the time so best to just log out.

• @sunkenvessel100 Hmm, okay. Yeah there is nothing you can do to save whatever quests or treasure you have when you log out. None of that stays while you are not logged in.

As for encounters, have you tried putting up your join alliance flag in the crow's nest? That might signal you are a friendly ship. Also try using the speaking trumpet and use the non-verbal communication options "WE'RE FRIENDLY" or "LET'S FORM AN ALLIANCE".

If you are having no luck after that, you might be better off doing matchmaking on a galleon so you have some extra firepower.

• @sunkenvessel100
    I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma but only going by your commens in this thread we are to assume that you are going solo.

Although it seems the right way to develope sailing skills and such it really is the hardest level of difficulty in the game.

May I suggest using the LFG "Looking For Group" function of the Xbox app to either join or recruit a crew.

Fair winds and happy sailing. :o)

• @ionei-falcon
    lol Your additional edit beat my comment suggesting the same. Dang nabit. ;o)

• @sunkenvessel100 Hello there :) I assume you are sailing solo then? There are some helpful threads on the forum for solo sloopers but my best advice is to keep a constant eye on the horizon, both while you're on the ship and on land.

Periodically check the horizon while you are working on your voyage and turn in more frequently if you are afraid of losing loot. If you notice a ship coming in your direction, leave immediately. Your ship is faster if you are sailing against the wind. There is also a bug right now apparently that makes ships faster if you square your sail with the wind if it's coming right at you rather than having it turned to the side.

Here are some threads you might find useful:

Hope that helps some :)

• @SunkenVessel100 I'm assuming you are fairly new to the Sea - I am too. And I would strongly suggest not logging out when you come across marauding pirates.

If you've got treasure aboard, try to outrun them to the nearest outpost and do drive-by drop-offs. Sell your most expensive loot first, so if they do sink you before you get to turn it all in, the loss isn't too bad.

If you've got nothing aboard to lose, why not engage them in battle? I know it's been said a hundred times before, but the only way to get better at pvp is to practice it, and if you're me that means getting sunk, skewered and shot more times than I can count. Embrace it! Every failure gets you that little bit closer to success, and when you finally do manage to hold your own in a battle, it's a very rewarding moment.

If you really don't want to fight - or the odds look bad - try to out-sail your opponent. If you are in a sloop, you are small and nimble. Duck around islands and rocks, break line of sight every chance you get, and generally just be annoying to chase down. Keep that up, and maybe they'll give up and look for easier prey. Even if they do finally sink you, if you've no treasure aboard, the pyrrhic victory is yours!

Getting sunk by other players is not only an integral part of the game, but it can be really fun and a good opportunity to meet fellow pirates. I now sail regularly with someone I met after he spent the better part of 40 minutes chasing me across the Seas before finally sinking me with a few well-placed cannonballs.
    Of course, you will run into abusive people who are just out to ruin your day. Don't waste any time with them - scuttle and move on. But most of the pirates that have killed me (and we are talking about many, many people here ;) do so because, well, they're pirates. It's not personal, it's just business.

• I can't tell whether this is a joke or not?

Quick answer; don't log out when you see another ship?

Try to outrun the ship if it is attacking you or fight back?

• Ur the type of player I hate. And no I’m not one of the salty people that prey on lower levels. But, seriously. WHY

• Don't log out, you'll only get better by practice, by logging out you loose everything anyway so you clearly have nothing to loose by loosing the fight but gain so much experience and possibly the thrill of a win! There are plenty of YouTube videos of people pvping or explaining how to pvp give them a watch and try it out, I used to be terrible myself and lost every fight I had, took me months until I even got a single kill but I used that as a driving force to become better now I regularly take on 2,3,4 v 1 and win. And I enjoy the game on a whole other level now, goodluck!

• @dud3rdude Do you hate them because they waste your time? Cause thats a joy for me when a persistent pvper wants to chase me down. I have no problem pvping but its funnier when they chase me for twenty minutes only to find my character waving at them from the back as I sail into the red sea since I usually walk away and do something else.

• @sunkenvessel100 If you're soloing, take a brigantine. It's easy to get used to the extra sail, and you don't need the anchor if you time the raising of the sails just right. It takes just a little practice.
    I find I'm approached by enemy ships much less when I solo a brig as compared to when soloing a sloop.

• @muzackmann lol. My favorite thing to do when I don't want to engage is let them chase me to the other side of the map then drop anchor and let them sink me. I spawn back where I wanted to be in the first place and they are across the map!

• I started playing about 4 months ago, at first i only went solo and its the hardest way to play, however, it afforded me the opportunity to learn to be a half competent crew member so when i started to go on open crews i wasnt one of these infuriating numpties that no one wanted to play with. As a result, you make friends and get a crew and life becomes a bit easier.

I really echo what the others say, dont hoard loot, if youve got it then flog it. Then when people engage you, you have nothing to lose and you can fight with no real consequence and find your own fighting style.

To put it into context though, i have only sunk 2 ships by myself in the time ive been playing and i always engage with anyone who attacks me. I dont expect to win but i do expect to learn something new each time

And i have to say, the first time i got attacked and won was a glorious moment which i will dine out on for a long time.... keep playing, its worth it

I should also add, im not good at pvp so i dont imagine my 2 ships ìn 4 months is standard, im sure most pkayers do better than this!

• @nikjw the example you provided is a shinning one when it comes to what makes this game so great. Sometimes I see people complaining about the lack of reward or how tough some environmental challenges are.

But the main reward of the game is learning those skills and overcoming tough challenges; and the best part is, anyone can do it.

It just takes time, practice, and learning your own style.

-another solo sloop captain

• @solestone563412 I had this happen to me the other day, I had a Brigantine chasing me all over shore of plenty when I decided to sacrifice myself toward the red sea, but as I approached I decided not to because the bright was far enough back that I crossed there nose and hit them with two limpballs and two regular cannonballs before sailing to Golden Sands while they sailed to the red sea.

• It's simple, just don't log off.
    If you don't like losing so much that you'd quit a session before even coming close to it, I don't know why you even play videogames. Sure It's not fun to lose but as with all things losing is a chance to learn.

A few pointers I ca give:

1. Battles are won/ lost often before they are even fought. If you're not paying attention and a galleon is rolling up next to you while you're not even on your ship you've lost. So, keep an eye on your surroundings, be mindfull of other ships and what they can do, how fast are they going to be with you. with time you'll learn to anticipate all types of players.

2. Psychological edge: If someone is on a ship with no liveries and all his/ her lanterns lit you're going to know he/ she is either a new player or a wolf in sheeps clothing. Now there's 2 types of people, first there's the type that wants to teach such a player something or just pay a friendly visit. But most of the time it's type 2, the player who prays on the weak and inexperienced and will attack you just because you have lanterns on. So, turn off your lanterns.

3. Don't sail alone. I dislike the sloop, it's a small ship has no capabilities it's slow and weak. I personally (not everyone has to agree with this) love the Galleon and it's raw strenght and speed. I like the Brig and it's quickness. Try sailing with a crew try going on a Galleon and feeling how it is to dominate the waves. People will be in awe and leave you alone.

4. The Ship types and types of crew they generally have.
      Galleon: Mostly non agressive group of friends that will sometimes attack a sloop when it just sits there to be attacked.
      Brig: Usually like the galleon but often a little more agressive towards other ships because of it's capability to get in and out of combat quickly.
      Sloop: 2 man sloops are the worst, they often attack other sloops, solo sloopers are often like you the leave me alone please type of player. They won't go looking for a fight but won't let anyone roll over them either.

• @sunkenvessel100 don't log out fight them and if they kill you and take your tureaser so what it's a pirate game in the game we're all pirates

Views
18 out of 19