Simple strat for solo slooping Devil’s Roar

• By simple I mean a long guide to read (Gotta add the deatails so peeps understand) but is still a simple strat nonetheless :}

NOTE: It is extremely hard to do any voyages in the devils roar as a solo sloop, with the volcanoes and all, but this strat makes it possible for me to complete these voyages by myself. At the cost of high risk/time for high reward. This strat has worked out on many occasions; I would suggest it for not just solo sloops but for larger crews aswell.
    Also... LARGE...POINTY...ROCKS.

ONLY read for the feels——To all them single pirate peeps who’s life in this update has been trying to convince there friends to play Sea of Thieves or an accidental climbing of the ladder, instead of lowering the sails. While simultaneously getting smacked by a flying rockkk. (Feelsbadman)

ALMOST A QUICK PREPARATION: You’re going to need to gather a lot of bananas as they are significantly critical to surviving on these volcanic islands solo. Rowboats are a key factor to executing this procedure. It is optimal you find a rowboat before you reach the devil’s roar, as it is a heck of a lot easier to acquire without them flam’in doomsday boulders. In a nutshell, just get resources (especially bananas) and a rowboat.

THE INITIATION... OF THE OPERATION: So... You go to morrow’s peak outpost, park yee ship just right, get a voyage, yah dee yah dah, etc. Once you set sail to your quest destination, look out for those massive pointy looking rocks (Not sea volcanoes) I’m sure you’ve seen them. Since there are volcanoes on mostly every island you will go to (it seems) for voyages, it is necessary to understand the large pointy rocks usefulness. In the distance around every large island, there is ALWAYS those type of large pointy rocks. Your going to park behind them. Conveniently there is always a perfect little crest/nudge to park your sloop in (behind these large pointy rocks).

DA ROWBOAT PHASE: You’ve parked yee ship behind a large pointy rock that is the closest to your destination (death) island. The big pointy rock will give your fragile sloop cover from an erupting volcano (if the projectiles are even in range) and hide your sloop from any visibility from any enemy pirates (If actually parked well).
    Now finally to the rowboat.
    Stock the rowboat with about 10 baynaynahs (bananas). Not anymore than 10 because the rowboat is one shot to literally everything; you could loose resources. The extra bananas on the rowboat will keep you nice and healthy (the rowboat is a sort of homebase on yee quest island).
    Now, detach.
    Because the rowboat is fragile, wait till a volcano ceases to erupt. Then row over.
    Rowboats do not get aimbotted by the volcanoes when your driving them, but, there is still a chance you will get hit by a projectile though. As you arrive to the island, park your rowboat under cover or behind tall terrain to protect it. The volcanoes actually target unmanned/parked rowboats so cover is needed. Fetchers rest has a cave to park ya rowboat in, devils thirst has an arch to park under, flintlock peninsula has a shipwreck you can park in, ruby’s Fall has a narrow; unreliable bridge you can park under, etc.

COMPLETING YOUR VOYAGE: Do da stuff, volcano erupts, it fine fam, eat all your bananas (there is some in the rowboat btw), get that ashened castaway chest and place it in a nice position on your rowboat.

HEADING BACK TO JO SLOOP: Wait till the volcano stops erupting before you leave of course. While rowing back to your ship (behind the bbbbbiiggg ppppooiinnntttyyy rock) you start to get the hang of using the rowboat and simultaneously thinking in the back of your mind “Is my ship still even there?”. To your surprise, turning the corner around the big pointy rock , your sloop is still there, and is still there many times after when you repeat this strat. Noice.

RINCE; REPEAT: Used to indicate the continual repetition of an action or sequence of events, typically in a way regarded as tiresomely predictable. Simples.

Thanks for reading this, if you were bothered to read it at all :}. Legit terms though, this strat seems intentional by the way the map is designed for devils roar.

ENDING THINGY:
    -It takes time to do all this, because your doing devils roar solo, as I stated before.
    -It is a big risk as mistakes can be made, because your doing devils roar solo, as I stated before.
    -But in for the most part, it’s worth.
    Please try to get friends, even if they go on and on about in detail why they don’t like sea of thieves and explain how they would much prefer to play the current game they’re playing, just do.

Views
  • Nice work, good strategy indeed!

• /irony
    So you actually require me to use ingame mechanics (rowboat) and common sense? Grow up man, i want a care package and an autopilot for my ship........

• @dennis-box said in Simple strat for solo slooping Devil’s Roar:

/irony
    So you actually require me to use ingame mechanics (rowboat) and common sense? Grow up man, i want a care package and an autopilot for my ship........

Yes lol xD

Views
1 out of 4