Patch Notes - 1.1.1
If you haven't yet spoken to 'Merry' Merrick and followed his riddles and rhymes to the hungering beast, you have another week to do so! Start your Hungering Deep journey here and check out the shiny items that can still be earned!
Patch 1.1.1 also brings multiple fixes for known issues, as well as improvements to the recently introduced Open and Closed Crews.
- Open / Closed Crew - You can now dynamically change whether your crew is open or closed while out on the seas. This option can be toggled from within the 'My Crew' menu.
- Athena's Fortune Rewards - The chances of finding more valuable rewards have been increased. Pirate Legends and their crews can now expect to see higher rewards when embarking on their Athena's Fortune voyages.
- Further improvements to frame rate when streaming islands.
- Improvement to frame rate when player is walking or running.
- Multiple server and client crash fixes.
Further improvements and optimisations for all platforms are ongoing.
- Washed-up items and messages in bottles have returned to the shorelines once more!
- Dropping Skeleton Fort keys in water will no longer prevent them from being picked up again.
- Athena's Fortune Bounty Quest skeletons will now correctly spawn on Thieves' Haven.
If you encounter this issue, please submit a bug report to our Player Support Team with as much detail as possible on your location.
- Players can no longer be voted into the brig before fully spawning onto the server.
- After equipping a weapon from the armoury, aim sensitivity will no longer default to high the first time you aim down the sight.
- When switching between items and weapons, players will see fewer instances of default models appearing for a few seconds whilst the correct equipped model loads.
- Pricing of the rank 4 and 5 Gold Hoarders compasses are now correct.
- It is no longer possible to accidentally select a pirate whilst watching the intro animation.
- The icon for the Rotten Bilge Rat Shirt no longer appears low-quality.
- Player chat indicator can now be toggled from the front end settings menu and within the game.
- Ship lanterns will no longer appear to remain in an upright position, and now follow ship motions.
- The option to lock FPS to 90 no longer appears.
- Some players travel in an unintended direction, when fired from a cannon.
Xbox One: 1.64 GB
Xbox One X: 1.64 GB
Windows 10: 1.57 GB
Xbox Installation Instructions can be found here.
PC Installation Instructions can be found here.
Looking For Crew?
Looking for new crewmates? We've got a bunch of places you can visit to seek out like-minded pirates, so sail on over to these official Sea of Thieves hangouts: