Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.1

• Patch Notes - 1.1.1

Ahoy pirates!

alt text

If you haven't yet spoken to 'Merry' Merrick and followed his riddles and rhymes to the hungering beast, you have another week to do so! Start your Hungering Deep journey here and check out the shiny items that can still be earned!

Patch 1.1.1 also brings multiple fixes for known issues, as well as improvements to the recently introduced Open and Closed Crews.

Updates

• Open / Closed Crew - You can now dynamically change whether your crew is open or closed while out on the seas. This option can be toggled from within the 'My Crew' menu.
    • Athena's Fortune Rewards - The chances of finding more valuable rewards have been increased. Pirate Legends and their crews can now expect to see higher rewards when embarking on their Athena's Fortune voyages.

Performance Improvements

• Further improvements to frame rate when streaming islands.
    • Improvement to frame rate when player is walking or running.
    • Multiple server and client crash fixes.
      Further improvements and optimisations for all platforms are ongoing.

Fixed Issues

• Washed-up items and messages in bottles have returned to the shorelines once more!
    • Dropping Skeleton Fort keys in water will no longer prevent them from being picked up again.
    • Athena's Fortune Bounty Quest skeletons will now correctly spawn on Thieves' Haven.
      If you encounter this issue, please submit a bug report to our Player Support Team with as much detail as possible on your location.
    • Players can no longer be voted into the brig before fully spawning onto the server.
    • After equipping a weapon from the armoury, aim sensitivity will no longer default to high the first time you aim down the sight.
    • When switching between items and weapons, players will see fewer instances of default models appearing for a few seconds whilst the correct equipped model loads.
    • Pricing of the rank 4 and 5 Gold Hoarders compasses are now correct.
    • It is no longer possible to accidentally select a pirate whilst watching the intro animation.
    • The icon for the Rotten Bilge Rat Shirt no longer appears low-quality.
    • Player chat indicator can now be toggled from the front end settings menu and within the game.
    • Ship lanterns will no longer appear to remain in an upright position, and now follow ship motions.

Known Issues

• The option to lock FPS to 90 no longer appears.
    • Some players travel in an unintended direction, when fired from a cannon.

Download size:

Xbox One: 1.64 GB
    Xbox One X: 1.64 GB
    Windows 10: 1.57 GB

Xbox Installation Instructions can be found here.

PC Installation Instructions can be found here.

Looking For Crew?

alt text

Looking for new crewmates? We've got a bunch of places you can visit to seek out like-minded pirates, so sail on over to these official Sea of Thieves hangouts:

Views
  • Xbox text speak. Please guys ❤️ @Rare-Employee @TEDDY-25

Really appreciate the option to dynamically chang between open and closed, this came a lot sooner than I expected! Pleased that washed up items are returning too, Well played Rare.

“Ship lanterns will no longer appear to remain in an upright position, and now follow ship motions.” Can’t believe you guys fixed this. It’s been in the game as long as I can remember. Once you see it once you can’t unsee it. It’s a small improvement but I’m glad you’ve done it.

• Okay ! See you maybe next week ...

• Washed up items are baaaccckk!!! Woooooo! I am way too excited about this!

• Those washed up items are going to please a lot of folks, judging from the number of posts about it. Great work!

• Washed up items are back!!! Nice, Rare!! Love you

• I want my ship setting to still saved for next session - why everytime I have to choose my sailes and figurines all over again ?

• @symbioto Because it is shared between your crew. If it was on your profile every time a new person joined your crew would it default to their setting?

• @ecljpse

No, to first spawned ship owner, at least at closed crews
    Ship spawns with my settings and after crew can change some stuff, but not every time from 0

• Great patch notes. So happy about washed up items and dynamic crew switching

• @symbioto sagte in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.1:

I want my ship setting to still saved for next session - why everytime I have to choose my sailes and figurines all over again ?

No need for that...get use to it...by the way it's ALWAYS on your way to the ship, why is that a problem for you?

• Nice fixes, thank you Rare!

Farewell castaways chests!

• 60fps on xbox??

• 1.6gb for that? Why do I suspect there may be other things in the update hidden away? =)

• @danish-crusader a dit dans Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.1 :

1.6gb for that? Why do I suspect there may be other things in the update hidden away? =)

Weekly events are coming! Perhaps we will see some teasing as the sharks before THD.

• @skulliah Hm, could be. I shall set sail as soon as possible to seach for stuff they could have added... Which won't be for another couple of hours... Lousy real life getting in the way =P

• Athena's Fortune Rewards and the Messages in Bottles! Yaaaayyyyyyy!

These two make me very happy indeed!

• @danish-crusader same as you, can't wait to be back home and find some washed-up items again!

• Very cool. I was about to mention the ship's lantern thing, but you guys beat me to it.

• Glad to see work being done on crew options. Hopefully they'll allow players to join a crew they like in the session without backing out and joining back in eventually.

• There are some beautiful ideas behind this game and I love the fact that they went back to the time of pirates. I have some personal ideas that they might be able to use like the idea me and my brother where talking about. I want to be able to change the aesthetic look of my cannons and maybe even the mast once pirate master that would make this so much more appealing and it gives you more to look forward to earning but don’t make it easy make it so you have to grind for it make it so you have to do each of them individually. Also I would like to be able to fix the tears in the back of the sloop my ocd kicks in and I end up going in rants because I can’t fix it. This update is beautiful and I can’t wait to play as soon as the servers come back up speaking of do you guys have a ETA on the servers because I have been searching and haven’t found one

• @khaleesibot said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.1:

Performance Improvements

Further improvements to frame rate when streaming islands.

Does this mean another downgrade on PC graphics?!?

• Washed-up items and messages in bottles, have returned to the shorelines once more!

Literally the only notion on this list that interests me! Yayness!

• And about daily rewards ?

When comes this functionality ?

• @spartiatedu60 Hopefully never.

• Liking the updates, especially the close crew option.

Would love to be able to do something about users who sit AFK in the Ferry for hours and reap the rewards of their fellow pirates who earn their gold though. It seems to be happening more and more.

• Very good patch (provided it doesn't introduce any more bugs).

• @lefaux2 said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.1:

@khaleesibot said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.1:

Performance Improvements

Further improvements to frame rate when streaming islands.

Does this mean another downgrade on PC graphics?!?

How do you mean? My graphics look fine, and I'm running at extra mode.

• @spartiatedu60 sagte in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.1:

And about daily rewards ?

When comes this functionality ?

They never said, there are daily rewards...next week starts with the weekly's/weekly rewards if you meant that...

• @fantome-of-blue said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.1:

How do you mean? My graphics look fine, and I'm running at extra mode.

Since launch the graphic fidelity has been reduced step by step.
    I didn't play todays release yet, but yesterday night palm trees from a distance were just blobs.
    Ships seen at a distance display their sails being down, even though their not (tested with a friendly crew).
    Skeletons from a distance are just disconnected triangles.

Graphics got worse two times by now and reading "improved framerate" makes me nervous :)

• @lefaux2 Well, that's interesting, I do seem to recall the powers that be stating they've tried to keep Xbox and PC distant resolutions the same so that us PC types couldn't dump in another graphic's card to get an unfair hardware advantage.

I almost want to say that I remember seeing stuff look crystal clear from a distance a month or two back when I bought the game and installed it, but I simply can't remember. Otherwise they look okay to me.

• @khaleesibot woooooo I can find more loot on shores again!!!!

• @musicmee No doubt. I like doing full runs to help lower levels earn rep and have some Athena fun, but digging up nothing but marauders and below with only 1 villanous on board is weak.

• @etsxdirty Yeah the Athena Voyages have been lacking... really hope they are now like the rest of the voyages! Just with the added bonus of the legendary chest!

• @fantome-of-blue said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.1:

@lefaux2 Well, that's interesting, I do seem to recall the powers that be stating they've tried to keep Xbox and PC distant resolutions the same so that us PC types couldn't dump in another graphic's card to get an unfair hardware advantage.

I've heard that one too, but I can't understand what the advantage would be.
    It's a palm tree. Mine is fully rendered and looks stunning while the XBOX players can keep their indistinct blobs.

Views
25 out of 134