Aim Assist for controller players

• So I've been playing Sea Of Thieves for quite awhile now and have racked up well over 1000 hours of gameplay. I've pretty much unlocked and bought everything in the game and now I've been finding myself wanting to engage in PvP more. But when I do try to do PvP I've noticed that THERE'S ABSOLUTELY NO AIM ASSIST IN THIS GAME WHATSOEVER! What the actual heck Rare??? Has anyone ever heard of a modern 1st person shooter on console without aim assist? Why the actual heck have you not added aim assist for controller users Rare? This is so important and so needed to make this game playable on controller. 99% of my friends who I play with are on PC and I can see why, because who the heck wants to play this game on console with a controller when there's no aim assist? It's ridiculous how much of a disadvantage you're at being on a controller vs being on a keyboard & mouse. Rare, for the love of all that is holy please add aim assist for controller users!!!

Views
    feedback
  • @m1ke-da-1ke As a PC player maybe a tiny bit may be okay. However, too much is unacceptable. Anyways, PC master-race 8).

• modern 1st person shooter on console without aim assist

Wel this isn’t a fps game. It’s a pirate game with no crosshairs

• @m1ke-da-1ke said in Aim Assist for controller players:

THERE'S ABSOLUTELY NO AIM ASSIST IN THIS GAME WHATSOEVER!

So what's the problem?

Pc players are still given the exact tools, is just they have small perks with mouse control and frame rate which can allow them to be superior to consoles players generally but not unbeatable. No we should not have aim assist and even I am a console player and that isn't a good idea.

• I agree, this will help the poor controller players, they may even be able to stand a chance against average KBM players, just not the average aim assist device user, I forgot what it's called though.

• @m1ke-da-1ke I play on controller on pc. Because it's comfortable.

• I'm always willing to compromise. Controllers can have aim assist if they remove the XBox Only option and consolidate the playerbase.

• @conquerruler said in Aim Assist for controller players:

they have small perks with mouse control and frame rate which can allow them to be superior to consoles players generally but not unbeatable.

Then it's not realy a small perk, is it? ;-)

But since Xbox players already have Xbox only servers, it might not be the most necessary issue. Perhaps they should make it that PC players on controllers can also join those servers (and make it controller servers then obviously), but it would cancel the usage of MKB then.

And i think as @LordQulex said: if you gave controllers aim assist (wich is already difficult to balance), then those Xbox only servers become useless and should be removed. But i think most Xbox players rather have those Xbox only servers, so i think then the current situation is better.

• @m1ke-da-1ke im play bf4 on ps3 before, if u learn how to play and u playing on high sensitivity u can play on pc level, with no aim assist

• @lordqulex that is exactly what I want. I don't want to be forced to play in a smaller player base group because of the fact that rare can't be bothered to put the effort into making proper aim assist in a game that should have had aim assist from launch. I'm definitely decent on controller and I can absolutely destroy the average controller player in PvP, but once I go outside of the "Xbox only" servers and play with anyone on PC I get completely destroyed by even an average keyboard and mouse user because of the fact that they can aim faster, more precise, and in general better than any controller player can ever hope to... If I had aim assist like in EVERY OTHER MODERN GAME I PLAY I would actually be able to have a fair fight. I play COD, Halo, Fortnite, Apex, Battlefield, all the modern shooters with aim assist and I can absolutely destroy the average keyboard and mouse player while playing on controller because I HAVE AIM ASSIST which makes up for the major downfalls of using a controller instead of a mouse. Rare needs to stop separating the player base of their game and instead implement a good aim assist system like COD did so it won't matter what control method you use. Use controller, use keyboard and mouse, it won't matter if there's aim assist to make up for that major gap between a controller joystick and a mouse. It'll be purely up to the skill of the player at that point.

• @conquerruler dude, did you even listen to yourself when you typed this? You literally said that PC players are superior to console players because there is no aim assist in this game! That's literally the problem that I'm pointing out and saying rare needs to fix by adding aim assist. 🤦‍♂️

• @conquerruler said in Aim Assist for controller players:

@m1ke-da-1ke said in Aim Assist for controller players:

THERE'S ABSOLUTELY NO AIM ASSIST IN THIS GAME WHATSOEVER!

So what's the problem?

Pc players are still given the exact tools, is just they have small perks with mouse control and frame rate which can allow them to be superior to consoles players generally but not unbeatable. No we should not have aim assist and even I am a console player and that isn't a good idea.

My bad, meant to quote and not reply with my last comment

• @wanish5402 said in Aim Assist for controller players:

@m1ke-da-1ke im play bf4 on ps3 before, if u learn how to play and u playing on high sensitivity u can play on pc level, with no aim assist

Dude, no. I hope you realize that Battlefield 4 never had cross play and never has. You only ever played against other PS3 players, never against a PC player. If you really think that's true get a PC, get battlefield 4 from steam, and play it with your PS3 controller connected to your PC with aim assist disabled. You won't last 30 seconds 🤣

• Definitely should be ALOT of aim assist for controllers.

PC players already have the advantage of faster movement abilities, keybinds, separate voice channels, and superior load times.

Adding aim assist (CoD amounts where PC player META is to use controllers because of it) would help to level the playing field

Only problem is that PC players will scream this idea down as it will then prevent them from dominating console players and making them feel like e-sports pros.

So expect alot of negative feedback on this idea (what a surprise)

• @super87ghost said in Aim Assist for controller players:

@conquerruler said in Aim Assist for controller players:

they have small perks with mouse control and frame rate which can allow them to be superior to consoles players generally but not unbeatable.

Then it's not realy a small perk, is it? ;-)

But since Xbox players already have Xbox only servers, it might not be the most necessary issue. Perhaps they should make it that PC players on controllers can also join those servers (and make it controller servers then obviously), but it would cancel the usage of MKB then.

And i think as @LordQulex said: if you gave controllers aim assist (wich is already difficult to balance), then those Xbox only servers become useless and should be removed. But i think most Xbox players rather have those Xbox only servers, so i think then the current situation is better.

Actually my entire reason for making this post is because I don't think there should be separate servers at all. Stop further dividing controller players from keyboard and mouse players and instead do what every other modern fps game has done and add aim assist that makes up that performance gap between a joystick and a mouse. I shouldn't be forced to play in a smaller group of players because rare can't be bothered to add aim assist to their game. I want to be able to play this game with EVERYONE, not just players using the same control method as me. And it also makes me have a much much worse experience playing this game with my friends who play on PC and not Xbox, because then I'm stuck in servers in which everyone is using keyboard and mouse and even the best controller players in the game are going to get destroyed by a PC player with a much lower skill level than them simply because they have a mouse and can aim faster, more accurate, and in general better than a joystick can ever hope to. This is why controller players need aim assist, then we can play with PC players while actually standing a chance and not feeling like you're fighting a pointless fight because you can't win no matter how hard you try or how good you are because your opponent has the superior aim input device and you can't do anything about it because the developers didn't add aim assist to fill in that performance gap between a joystick and a mouse.

• @m1ke-da-1ke said in Aim Assist for controller players:

@wanish5402 said in Aim Assist for controller players:

@m1ke-da-1ke im play bf4 on ps3 before, if u learn how to play and u playing on high sensitivity u can play on pc level, with no aim assist

Dude, no. I hope you realize that Battlefield 4 never had cross play and never has. You only ever played against other PS3 players, never against a PC player. If you really think that's true get a PC, get battlefield 4 from steam, and play it with your PS3 controller connected to your PC with aim assist disabled. You won't last 30 seconds 🤣

So funny to hear people shoot down the TRUTH that console players are SEVERELY disadvantaged in this game.

It's a combination of ignorance and stupidity to suggest that a divide doesn't exist.

Season 8 really highlighted how bad it is to try PvP against half decent PC players when you're on console

Anyways, thankfully we have Xbox only servers. No cheats either

• @m1ke-da-1ke Hell NO to consolidating the player base.

Xbox only servers are so chill. No cheaters either.

And everyone has the cruddy load times and black screens lol

• Aim assist... 😂. Disagree.

• the problem on this game is: what sould this assist aim for? a player only? or also kegs, npc enemies and animals? we have a lot of stuff that you can aim for, and if you are in an situation with 2 or more pirates against you, which one should the aim assist lock your sight? i am from xbox and i've removed the aim assist in every game that i play because more you play with, more a problem than an help, it slow so much my sight when i came closer to an enemy. i think you have to incese the sensibility of the visual analog

• as a controller player i prefer there to be NO AIM ASSIST. the more you play SOT the more you will find that Sweet Spot for your SHOT

• @m1ke-da-1ke

I agree 6,000,000% on this! I play on a console, and do have a mouse and keyboard I could hook up to my Xbox but still need to get used to keyboard and mouse, and I really do think they need to add aim assist to the console version immediately. Think of games like the Call of Duty games because the ones that I've played, AKA the ones that are for the Xbox 360, have a little aim assist by having you snap to the closest enemy, but not tracking them, which is what Rare should do, then they would have more game sales for consoles. Maybe we need to start a poll on the Sea of Thieves Reddit, if there is one IDK if there is because I don't have Reddit, where it's like "Should Rare add aim assist to the console versions of Sea of Thieves and have the aim assist snap to the nearest enemy but not track them?" and then send the results of that poll to Rare, I'm sure they have an email.

• @m1ke-da-1ke There are so many things that put Xbox at a disadvantage to M&K. The solution is not aim assist, the solution is turn off cross play.

Fixing that one thing would be a false fix considering how many, dozens, of other issues with controller versus M&K.

• @lordqulex said in Aim Assist for controller players:

I'm always willing to compromise. Controllers can have aim assist if they remove the XBox Only option and consolidate the playerbase.

And what about the dozens of other imbalances between M&K and Controller, this is what I was talking about above, it is a false fix.

• @foambreaker
    Yeah, aim assist certainly wouldn't be an equalizer.

Controller only players are missing hugely-valuable hotkeys and the ability to quickly change directions.

• @foambreaker Problem is they are being completely selfish and egoistic. They have beaten countless Mouse and Keyoboard players, but since they were not PVP sweats, they never registered or thought about it.

But since there are REALLY good players with Mouse and Keyoboard since PC is superior to console, they want some machine given crutch to feel better.

Go and buy mouse and keyboard, what are you whining about? I don't want to be in the server with any aim assisted nonsense. That's another reason why I don't play rubbish cross platform games with aim assist like Warzone.

That being said, if this 'aim assist' is not exactly aim assist, but rather QoL improvements for joystick users to improve their swapping and movement, then thats fine. But pressing a button and having your aim put on another player is simply a cheat in Sea of Thieves, not all players are PVP sweats who play on mouse and keyboard. Someone needs to make a stance on their behalf too!

Otherwise what Foambreaker said - Get the aim assist, but forget about cross platform. But I dont see this happening as this splits the playerbase.

• @foambreaker said in Aim Assist for controller players:

@lordqulex said in Aim Assist for controller players:

I'm always willing to compromise. Controllers can have aim assist if they remove the XBox Only option and consolidate the playerbase.

And what about the dozens of other imbalances between M&K and Controller, this is what I was talking about above, it is a false fix.

@foambreaker said in Karma system for captain ships and possible implementation.:

So every time I defeat some poor sport whinner I will be marked with bad karma and then eventually be hunted?
    [...]
    Terrible idea, just terrible.

"Dozens of other imbalances" sounds like "poor sport whining" to me.

There are tons of games with cross-play between M&K and console. Why should SoT be any different? Consolidating the player base should be a top priority.

• @lordqulex said in Aim Assist for controller players:

@foambreaker said in Aim Assist for controller players:

@m1ke-da-1ke There are so many things that put Xbox at a disadvantage to M&K. The solution is not aim assist, the solution is turn off cross play.

Fixing that one thing would be a false fix considering how many, dozens, of other issues with controller versus M&K.

@foambreaker said in Karma system for captain ships and possible implementation.:

So every time I defeat some poor sport whinner I will be marked with bad karma and then eventually be hunted?
    [...]
    Terrible idea, just terrible.

"Dozens of other imbalances" sounds like "poor sport whining" to me.

There are tons of games with cross-play between M&K and console. Why should SoT be any different?

You do realize I am against Aim Assist right?

To your quest, it is all in the way it is coded.

For example, World of Warships has cross play, but the movement speed of the guns is controlled by the type of ship, some have faster turret speeds than others, no matter what input device is used.

In SoT it is not just aim, it is all the hotkeys. Sure you can bind a few controller keys, but not like a keyboard. With a mouse you can move the map really fast, you can turn on a dime. Etc etc.

• @zig-zag-ltu said in Aim Assist for controller players:

@foambreaker Problem is they are being completely selfish and egoistic. They have beaten countless Mouse and Keyoboard players, but since they were not PVP sweats, they never registered or thought about it.

But since there are REALLY good players with Mouse and Keyoboard since PC is superior to console, they want some machine given crutch to feel better.

Go and buy mouse and keyboard, what are you whining about? I don't want to be in the server with any aim assisted nonsense. That's another reason why I don't play rubbish cross platform games with aim assist like Warzone.

That being said, if this 'aim assist' is not exactly aim assist, but rather QoL improvements for joystick users to improve their swapping and movement, then thats fine. But pressing a button and having your aim put on another player is simply a cheat in Sea of Thieves, not all players are PVP sweats who play on mouse and keyboard. Someone needs to make a stance on their behalf too!

Otherwise what Foambreaker said - Get the aim assist, but forget about cross platform. But I dont see this happening as this splits the playerbase.

I didn't say this, it was someone I was responding too.

Adding Aim Assist and removing Xbox only would be terrible IMHO.

• @foambreaker Adding aim assist should be Xbox only period.

I could give you an example of the kind of player I would be defending.

My girlfriend.

She has 280 hours in Sea of Thieves and she is doing well, but a lot of it is, because we play together and I help and teach her alot.

The only other game she has really played was CS 1.6 back in early 2000s and people (who would be noobs in todays standards btw) would call her a 'bot'.

I can guarantee you all these console players with '1000' hours would own her at least 6 times out of 10.

Why should they have a machine given aim assist so they could completely dominate that encounter. It's not like a console prevents you from having a keyboard and mouse if it's so superior. We all make our own choices of what equipement we use.

P.S. Now she wouldn't care or notice if that aim assist was introduced, but I can assure you a lot of literally NEW pc players who are not PVP sweats in ANY GAME, would not be interested in playing this game and especially if they knew they are playing against a machine assisted aim.

• @zig-zag-ltu "It's not like a console prevents you from having a keyboard and mouse"

That is pretty impractical, many people play Xbox in the living room because it hooks to TV, they may not even have a table to put a keyboard on or rest a mouse on. Even if they have a coffee table, how would that be, to use a mouse on a low coffee table, talk about carpal tunnel!

The best solution is what we have now, the OPTION to use Xbox only.

• @foambreaker Nobody stops me from sitting comfortably on my coach plugging in my pc with HDMI and plugging in my controller to a 50inch tv either.

And I am not arguing with you, about playing on Xbox only servers.

I just don't want any of man against machine nonsense.

P.S.

Pay a PRO xbox/ps player some money to get good at this game and watch them dominate majority of double gunners. It's not the equipment and not the hours, its what you put in those hours.

• @zig-zag-ltu said in Aim Assist for controller players:

@foambreaker Nobody stops me from sitting comfortably on my coach plugging in my pc with HDMI and plugging in my controller to a 50inch tv either.

And I am not arguing with you, about playing on Xbox only servers.

I just don't want any of man against machine nonsense.

P.S.

Pay a PRO xbox/ps player some money to get good at this game and watch them dominate majority of double gunners. It's not the equipment and not the hours, its what you put in those hours.

I don't know why you are doging me, we seem to agree that aim assist is bad.

• @foambreaker I am not dude, you started it :D All I was trying to do to explain myself better in case you have misunderstood what I've meant ^^

Perhaps I have putten too many points into comment that qouted yours and therfore this confusion started. My bad. I should probably learn better forum communication ethics ( I doubt I will tho :/)

• @zeromoderation

Leaderboards of top fps games from past 7 days:

VALORANT

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Apex Legends

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II

Escape From Tarkov

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare

DayZ

PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS

List of FPS games with aim assist:

Call of Duty Warzone

Halo Infinite (and Halo MCC)

Battlefield 1, Battlefield V

Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2

Apex Legends

Rogue company

Splitgate

GTA V

Destiny

Fortnite

Gears of War

wHaT a BaD tAke

It's a ''dumb decision'' to give a crutch for joystick players who refuse to use superior tools or improve, but rather wish to stomp on non competitive casual PC players instead.

Anyway, I am not participating in this conversation anymore, regardless of replies, ask for crutches and cheats all you want, just bear in mind that you are not trying to compete against best PC players who will stomp you regardless, but you want a crutch against mediocre/ low skilled ones. Also, check that amazon link I've shared in case you come to terms.

I'm out. Peace.

Views
feedback
1 out of 52