Release Notes - 2.1.1

• Release Notes - 2.1.1
    Today's maintenance window is now over and Sea of Thieves is officially back online alongside update 2.1.1! Read our release notes to find out more about the fixes and improvements that this build introduces.

Release Notes - 2.1.1

LOOKING FOR CREW?
    Looking for new crewmates? We've got a bunch of places you can visit to seek out like-minded pirates, so sail on over to these official Sea of Thieves hangouts:

Forums
    Xbox Club
    Verified Discord

Views
  • @meroviel said in Release Notes - 2.1.1:

In areas of intense action, players may find themselves firing shots or landing strikes that do not cause damage to their targets. While improvements continue to be delivered during our content updates, this remains a key priority for the team.

Well... I'm glad they're looking into this!

• And still no fix for Lost Shipment quests.
    You said that you fixed it in 2.0.24 (15 april, 3 weeks ago): "When progressing through a Lost Shipments Voyage, if a shipwreck is unable to be created for any reason, Merchant Cargo will be surfaced alongside the Manifest out at sea to reward crews for their efforts." but it still doesn't work correctly. Again and again I find only Manifests.

• Why did it get nerfed again, it was bad enough the first time now merchant is literally just as boring because nobody is gonna do them if they don't reward as much. It is literally just a waste of time. Instead of making commodities and then instantly nerfing them, the devs could have worked on other stuff.

• @rockaceyt

Really doesn’t make sense either on another nerf. I don’t care about the money... it was more commendations. I actually enjoyed the merchant runs but now no thanks... merchant is the least interesting trading company and has been forever. This was their one shot and they blew it in my opinion.

• @texaschick8713 I agree with you. On the last nerf I actually saw some people asking for it. On this nerf it seems like they just decided to do it. The only reason people complained was because they weren't patient enough to do it and thus they didn't those who were more patient to get more gold. I'm fine with nerfing gold, but I was originally gonna use this for reputation, oh well.

• @rockaceyt @texaschick8713

They nerfed it because being able to make 1.2 million gold in 3hr 30 minutes was Overpowered.

• @kaijoi said in Release Notes - 2.1.1:

@rockaceyt @texaschick8713

They nerfed it because being able to make 1.2 million gold in 3hr 30 minutes was Overpowered.

I get that, it just does not make sense to have a game mechanic that's not used. I don't care about gold just reputation. There are also a lot of other ways to make that much gold in 3 hours.

• @rockaceyt

I get that, it just does not make sense to have a game mechanic that's not used.

Gold hoarder riddles are not used. OOS killing captain quests are not used, MA animal capturing quests are not used, even the ATHENA voyage isn't used unless you need commendations. Everyone using the Thieves Haven Run. There are SO many things in this game that are useless now. Almost every single grade 5 emissary quest is useless too, because there's a normal voyage that gets the job done with more money.

There are also a lot of other ways to make that much gold in 3 hours.

How? First of all, you can't. But the closest thing that you could do would be to stack the FoTd. However the reason why stacking the FOTD isn't comparable to merchant commodites is because merchant commodities make you safe. No one can see you around the map, and there's not a gigantic skull in the sky or reaper's marked chests on your map telling people that you have loot. You're just like every other emissary ship in the server. The only way that you could even HOPE to match the profit of 1.2 million gold in 3hr 30 minutes is if you stacked the FOTD. Now the reason why I wouldn't mind if you made that much gold at the FOTD compared to commodities, is because the FOTD has a lot of risk involved. There's a gigantic skull in the sky that tells everyone on the server that YOU have loot. Tuccers are everywhere and ships come out of the woodwork once you finish it. The risk/reward is high/high Whereas commodities are low risk/high reward.

• @texaschick8713 said in Release Notes - 2.1.1:

@rockaceyt

Really doesn’t make sense either on another nerf. I don’t care about the money... it was more commendations. I actually enjoyed the merchant runs but now no thanks... merchant is the least interesting trading company and has been forever. This was their one shot and they blew it in my opinion.

For what its worth, Rare didn't change the commendations. They still revolve around buying surplus commodities and selling them where they are sought after. This update actually makes that process easier as there are a lot more surplus commodities to buy at the outposts.

• Damn, we where to tired yesterday and wanted to do another merchant run, didn't realise that it has already been a month for season 2?

But either way, we liked the merchant missions. I think we still do it today. Sail around every outpost collecting cargo, then take on a lost shipment voyage and kill megs and skellie ships on the way. should get us busy for 2 hours until we can sail the second round and isn't as boring as only circle sailing.

We enjoy the tedious merchant stuff after work tbh. Just has something relaxing to sail around and talk a little bit. Always depends on the mood what to do in this game. :D

• It would seem today's maintenance has once again made things worse..

Now on Xbox, each time I visit the ferry, I freeze up, and it either sorts itself out or I crash out of the game.

Well done. Yet another mess of a patch.

• @lapkavlasti said in Release Notes - 2.1.1:

And still no fix for Lost Shipment quests.
    You said that you fixed it in 2.0.24 (15 april, 3 weeks ago): "When progressing through a Lost Shipments Voyage, if a shipwreck is unable to be created for any reason, Merchant Cargo will be surfaced alongside the Manifest out at sea to reward crews for their efforts." but it still doesn't work correctly. Again and again I find only Manifests.

This x1000

On top of that, I find the key, and then can't open the Captain's quarters because the shipwreck doesn't spawn, so it's taking exponentially longer to achieve the Cabin Fever commendation.

• They should have only nerfed it by 20% and it’d be perfect. Nerf was unwarranted but whatever.

• Due to the lack of custom server settings, we are often forced to migrate to other servers in the hope of a less aggressive environment. I think a lot of people suffer because of the Rat's style of play.
    The implementation of the spawn after death is especially depressing. The player who killed you knows perfectly well where you will appear on the ship and aim in advance in the back. replaying him with such a mechanic is like participating in a duel with your back turned and with your hands tied.
    There are enough pluses in the game, but the hostility towards inexperienced players who just want to relax in the game turns away part of the audience, which I think is rather big.

• @rozovienot5894 yea, this is a huge issue in arena too. I end up being on a solo sloop for reasons I have no control over. I end up getting ransacked by ships on both sides of me and then farmed to high hell. I dont leave the game because it penalizes those who do. There could be a slight spawn invincibility like .5 sec and you spawn with what you held before you died OR allow us to equip weapons on the ferry.

• @deadeyeret Yep((

• Glad to see the Wailing Barnacle instruments released.

I hope the latency has been actually improved, cause lately, everytime you improve something, just get worse. Hitreg, sword and players teleporting (at low FPS) are getting out of hand.

Let's see.

• @deadeyeret

Did you mean having weapons readied as you go through the portal? If not, you can equip weapons on the ferry. There's a weapon box on the mast closest to the portal that returns you to the game.

Views
1 out of 20