Unsolvable windows 10 download issue!

• So, I recently came to play sea of thieves. I pressed load but it just opened and then crashed. Nae bother, Just re install! 'No' The windows store said..
    (also worth noting i have played it on this PC before, a lot!)

My issue is that it does not download. I have been through every possible solution including the solutions in the other windows store thread. I press install and it begins to donwload(supposedly) EVERY TIME it goes to 2.1mb installed, then 4.25, then 33.31mb. At this point the download speed drops to zero and for 20-40 minutes it says on 33.31mb and does not display a donwload speed. It then tells me it has installed and I click it and it just opens the first screen and crashes. I know it doesnt download as all the gamefiles are empty!

My attempted solutions include, but are not limited to:

• Resetting windows store
      -removing cache
    • clean boot of windows
    • resetting installer
    • system scans
    • downloading another app and then retrying
    • changing region
    • signing out and back in
    • checking for updates
    • checking for old files
    • checking for corrupted files
    • turning pc off and back on
    • tried giving the pc Rum, this didnt work
    • and asked microsoft(useless bilgerats)
    • probably more but i can not remeber, this is day seven of trying to fix, pls help

if you solve this i'll give you my ship

Views
    bugwindows 10help pleasewindows storedownload
  • So I just added some new pieces to my PC and I had to reinstall windows, got a new boot drive. along the way I thought Id organize my hard drives a bit better. Then I found that the microsoft store does not play nice when downloading things to your hard drives. You can find all kinds of threads where people cannot get state of decay off of their hard drives, and is indeed a large pain in the neck. I also tried re downloading sea of thieves onto an ssd but it wouldnt let me because I already had it 'installed" on another hard drive. I ended up having to format the drives to wipe the microsoft store downloads for me to reinstall.

• @the-zackdaddy Interesting..

I haven't added any parts but certainly sounds similair. How would I go about wiping microsoft store downloads?

• @openedhook link text
    This was an old thread that kinda hits on it. I’m sorry I’m not more of an expert but the windows apps folder is where it hides behind permissions and stuff that makes it so hard to uninstall

• Hi
    Here is Microsoft document with troubleshooting steps. Can you try them and let us know results of each ?

• @jadescissors32 Hi! This is one of the pages I have followed three times already sadly, no fixes:(

• @openedhook hate to hear your still not having any luck

• If anyone else has the same problem:
    My seemingly only solution if nothing else works was to reset windows.
    Pain in the backside but if you copy all your files you need, reset windows and then try install it should work! :)

• I had an issue with a different game and the solution that worked for me (without resetting windows) was this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/XboxGamePassPC/comments/j3edas/error_code_0x80070141/

• @quixoticrocket Thanks for adding this, hopefully someone benifits!

Views
bugwindows 10help pleasewindows storedownload
1 out of 10