Problem to uninstall

• Hello,

I want to uninstall the game but the option on Windows to destinstall or move the game doesn't work. This game put my svchost dowloding all day long with bad ping in other games...
    It took me one hour to find the game and to get access to this special folder (never seen something THAT complicated to uninstall a game).... who is in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Wasserburg_1.73.9618.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    Unfortunatelly i can't delete it, even with unlocker, because APPVSC use it (it s the automatic updater for Microsoft Store).

I am completly stuck at this point with this game keep downloading and taking all my bandswitch. How can I delete it ??

Views
  • ctrl + alt + del, then force stop Microsoft store ?

• @ironxtv No APPXSVC is a high level windows service. You just can't stop it even from the service managment....

• try with that

• @vipeness all of this don't work as i said in my first post ;)

• @ironxtv said in Problem to uninstall:

try with that

Try this. If it doesn't work... a reinstall of your OS is in your near future.

• I found a workaround.
    You must have access to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ if you don't have check on internet on how to change the owner of a folder.

Then delete all folder called: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Wasserburg__**** using a tool like unlocker.
    You will be stuck with one or two folder you can't delete.
    Let svchost dowlonload the game automatically.
    Then you can delete the game normally.

What happend to me is that windows store downloaded a new folder of the game with full install for EACH patch. That mean my SSD was completly full of multiple version of the game....

The game is great but i can't give a chance to something that took too much control on my computer like this ... Wish my post can help futur players ;)

• Because I’ve been staying with my wife during her rehabilitation from surgery I haven’t been able to get on much. The other day I got home and tried to start the game up and had to do an update of around 1.6 gig I believe. It went all the way to the end but then “error” popped up. I pushed the bottom to report it, but nothing has changed for the past week. The uninstall/reinstall problem mentioned above is making correcting the problem a real issue. Not sure where to go from here. Since I preordered I hope the problem will be solved with the download of the full game.

• Ahoy @ufotinik,

maybe this will help you avoid unwanted updates and not lose bandwidth :)

1. Open the store
    2. Click on the "three points" → "settings" and disable automatic updates.

Hi @Wolff34!

If you see the error message again or remember it, could you mention it? Maybe it has already been mentioned in the forums so I could have got some solution saved in a text file.

However, it is possible that it is a failure of the store so I would contact Microsoft support if the issue persists.

• Thanks, I have the error code at home and will post it here tomorrow.

• @El-Espectro-0
    The error was: Code: 0x80070005. I ran various virus software and cleaned the register and then went to the store and downloaded the 16+gig download. Looks like this did the job.

• I just ran into this issue as well. Multiple copies of the game downloaded and filled up my SSD. I'm trying to move or uninstall it and can't. Very annoying. I'm going to nuke the whole thing.

• The game is fine, but uninstalling it has been the shittest thing ever. Programmed by r*****s or what the f**k? I also could only find its install folder in that stupid wattenberg folder, which took me a shitload of effort to gain admin privileges.

WHY no f*****g button in the store?!?!?!?!?!?!? very very bad, also I dont give a f**k about this necro, this was reported 1 month ago and here I am having wasted 1h to uninstall it.

• I got This problem aswell!

Wish i never started this 14 Days trial on Xbox Live!!!
    NEVER AGAIN!
    This program is imposibble to delete!

Feels Just Like A Virus!

Please Find a Solution fast!

• @stevenseagaltv "please find a solution fast!" :D

Loving it.

• I believe I have found a solution.

Open Microsoft Store
    Click the "..." in the top right corner and select "My Library"
    Click on "Sea of Thieves Final Beta" to go to the store page for it
    Click on "Pin to Start"
    Open your Start Menu, right-click on "Sea of Thieves Final Beta" and select "Uninstall"

• @roguebot said in Problem to uninstall:

I believe I have found a solution.

Open Microsoft Store
    Click on "Pin to Start"
    Open your Start Menu, right-click on "Sea of Thieves Final Beta" and select "Uninstall"

After giving Admin privileges to the folder I finally managed to delete the folder, thank you for you help ( I went into Safe Mode and tried deleting it and nothing! ) I am thinking on installing Linux and just give up on Windows for good ( using it since Win 95 ) but they are going to far!

Thanks for everyone who posted a method but for me the above method helped.

• @roguebot That worked. I saw that it gave me back my hard drive space after I followed your instructions. Thanks!!

@roguebot said in Problem to uninstall:

I believe I have found a solution.

Open Microsoft Store
    Click on "Pin to Start"

• I myself had all the above issues as well as store issues - absolute madness,

I worked out by myself to give myself permissions to fully delete the game from D: and in want to reinstall to C:

But, the mstore apps is still telling me its already installed, and clicking play does nothing,

i have done wsreset, reinstall store using powershell,

All i want to do is clear any cache of the the damn game so i can re download on c: and actually get to play.

i have found using ms-store absolutely HORRID.,

any advice on what else to try to make the store think i have not got it and to give me to download arrow icon again

• They Need to fix this. I need to move the game to my SSD drive and can't because of this issue. Why can't they have a simple uninstall & install system. Kinda sad for a AAA game don't ya think!

• @alderone69

Since it's a sailing game, I would guess your computer is too dry. Try submerging the hardrive in salt water for a bit.

Views
1 out of 22