For the xbox/PC SOT enjoyers, the how to get everything with pre-order for PS5?

• Unless I am missing something (and if someone from Rare could verify?) you can get the rewards via...

Pre-order on PS5 and this will get you everything, you just need to link your account I'm assuming with a PSN account. You don't actually need a PS5 for this to get those rewards since a PSN account can be made. Also, the "pre-orders" for xbox/PC do not grant the ruby viper weapon set (missed opportunity IMO as you know people would pay for it).

To get the beta rewards, you have to have access to a PS5 to get into the beta.

Sound about right?

โพสต์
    การดู
  • @dank-jimb0 you want to spend £40 on skins?

• @dank-jimb0 Yep that's the plan and as you can guess many are scrambling to get a PS5 asap.

• @qu1etone I'd wager a very large percentage of the PS5 pre-orders are already established SoT players who want access to the PS5 pre-order bonuses.

• @metal-ravage wow. The pre-order stuff isn't even new. Just a re-colour of old skins. 🤔 well enjoy your £40 skins my friend.

• @qu1etone said in For the xbox/PC SOT enjoyers, the how to get everything with pre-order for PS5?:

@metal-ravage wow. The pre-order stuff isn't even new. Just a re-colour of old skins. 🤔 well enjoy your £40 skins my friend.

I will enjoy that and all the bonuses that come from the beta session ;)

• @qu1etone said in For the xbox/PC SOT enjoyers, the how to get everything with pre-order for PS5?:

@dank-jimb0 you want to spend £40 on skins?

I mean that isn't a lot of money and I enjoy the game? lol

Such a bizarre question, do you ask people the same question about insert any other form of entertainment or is it just sot?

• @dank-jimb0 each to their own sir. I just find it a little crazy that you and others want to spend that money on skins. And don't get me wrong I spend money on digital content to support the games i enjoy. Last year I spent £200 on a ship in star citizen. Gulp! And I did briefly consider getting ps5 sot for the pre order content. I have a ps5 but personally I couldn't justify it. Especially after seeing said content. Please be happy in your purchase, but this one isn't for me.

• So if I pre order it on my ps5 and link it with my Xbox account will I be able to use the weapons on Xbox?

• @eatonebaii said in For the xbox/PC SOT enjoyers, the how to get everything with pre-order for PS5?:

So if I pre order it on my ps5 and link it with my Xbox account will I be able to use the weapons on Xbox?

EDIT: This policy may have been changed or slightly altered as per the FAQ. https://www.seaofthieves.com/news/ps5-faq

Yes.

BUT... You have to first unlock the content on your PS5 by loading into a game session on your PS5 when the game launches on retail on April 30th. If you got the Premium bundle the cosmetics may be available on the 20th during early access. You will have to play the Beta to get the Beta rewards.

Purchased or redeemed content has to be "initialized" on the platform where it was acquired by loading into a game session on that platform before it shows up on the cross platform gamesave in the cloud.

This is why Ancient Coins or a cosmetics code/pack purchased or redeemed on the Microsoft web site or Xbox console doesn't show up on Steam until you load into the game on Xbox, Windows Store or xCloud.

The same applies for content purchased or redeemed on Steam. It won't show up on Xbox, Windows Store or xCloud versions until you load into a session on Steam.

The same rules will apply to PS5.

@dank-jimb0 said in For the xbox/PC SOT enjoyers, the how to get everything with pre-order for PS5?:
    You don't actually need a PS5 for this to get those rewards since a PSN account can be made.

Disagree.

See above for reason(s) why.

• If I buy games on one account and play them on another do I still get the ore order bonuses I paid for ?

• i played during the closed beta and have the dauntless adventurer sails but i cant equip them on the steam version, when the 30th comes around will i be able to use them on the steam version cuz if not that'll be a huge pain

• @ttvanarackyt nope, you can only use platform specific items on their specific platforms. So all PS5 items are PS5 only.

• @abjectarity damn, gotta love when i own something in a game but cant use it because of sony being greedy

โพสต์
การดู
13 จาก 14