Getting 250k Gold

• Are there any very simple missions that will give me 250k gold so I can purchase a sloop?

By easy I mean missions such as collecting 5 sea shells from a quiet deserted beach where there are absolutely no dangers, allowing me to skip and prance along the beach in bare feet whilst delighting in the beautiful scenery. 😁

โพสต์
    การดู
  • @pumpa-cat said in Getting 250k Gold:

Are there any very simple missions that will give me 250k gold so I can purchase a sloop?

By easy I mean missions such as collecting 5 sea shells from a quiet deserted beach where there are absolutely no dangers, allowing me to skip and prance along the beach in bare feet whilst delighting in the beautiful scenery. 😁

Exchange 1,250 doubloons for gold at Larinna :). During Gold Rush hours it's less: 850).

• @lem0n-curry said

Exchange 1,250 doubloons for gold at Larinna :). During Gold Rush hours it's less: 850).

Thank you. How does one get doubloons?

• You can find this information on the wiki page : https://seaofthieves.fandom.com/wiki/Bilge_Rat_Doubloons

Overall the easiest / quickest way to get gold solo would be the lost shipment voyages (Merchants Alliance's lvl 25 quest). One successfully completed voyage gives you emissary grade 5 for +- 50k gold of profit for less than a hour (how much less depend on your proficiency).
    Go to an Outpost, raise emissary then do your quest, go to the closest outpost, sell and lower your emissary. Repeat 5 times. :D

It's not risk free, nothing in this game really is, but it's pretty good as risk/reward goes.

@lem0n-curry said

Thank you. How does one get doubloons?

Turning in Reaper Chests, Ritual Skulls, Rag & Bone Chests (or deliver them), Gifts, Ashen Chests & Keys (and the tomes you may find in the chests by opening it with the key).

Doing some Bilge Rat Commendations, some are as simple as visiting an island in the Roar you haven't visited yet or light your lamp with a Flame of Fate (if you haven't done that colour yet ). Some might have been time-limited, but others still give rewards.

Discovering Umbra's Journals &c also gives a total of about 300 doubloons I believe.

• Yellow ribbons lead to reaper chests. The yellow ones are 10k.

Vaults get better once you hit GH 50, Same with Manifest Voyages for merchants,but those are both easy money for the effort.

• You can take it off my sloop and sell it if you want a pretty easy way to make some gold.

just set up a time and we can work it out so I can invite you when it's sell time, if you're interested.

• Thank you for all the awesome advice everybody.

@WolfManbush I really do appreciate the kind offer, but I shall respectfully decline. I’d rather go out and earn the gold myself. Better sense of achievement. Thank you though.

Thank you for all the awesome advice everybody.

@WolfManbush I really do appreciate the kind offer, but I shall respectfully decline. I’d rather go out and earn the gold myself. Better sense of achievement. Thank you though.

If you want a nearly no risk and nearly no hassle way to make gold

get bait for your choice of region and fish right off the sea post and sell the fish

cook rares and trophies on your ship right at the sea post

work it into gold rush hours for a gold bonus

and if you really wanna get fancy with it find a shipwreck near a sea post and catch wreckers and search the shipwreck barrels for fish, that shipwreck will reset the barrels after some time and you can be near the sea post for selling.

• Fish can be surprisingly profitable and pretty low risk. If you want to do that route I have one place you can park that’s close to a sea post and typically out of harms way. The exact south side of Cursewater Shores in the Devil’s Roar. You will be safe from volcanos in that spot, you’ll be able to easily dig grubs for devilfish, and if you get bored of that fish you can fish pondies on the island itself.

Alternatively, sea forts can be good as well. I really like doing Traitor’s Fate and turning in at Galleon’s Grave. I avoid doing the ones that are easily visible by other crews, and I don’t run the reaper emissary or reaper’s mark.

• Fishing can also be done perfectly fine on a rowboat : nobody will see you from a distance. ;)

By easy I mean missions such as collecting 5 sea shells

I thought you only needed 3 sea shells...

• @d3adst1ck said in Getting 250k Gold:

@pumpa-cat said in Getting 250k Gold:

By easy I mean missions such as collecting 5 sea shells

I thought you only needed 3 sea shells...

alt text

• @pumpa-cat There is no safe way to gather that amount of loot unmolested, (thankfully or the cheese would worse than it is, especially in Alliance servers).

But the quickest way to get loot fast is Lost Shipments, Gold Hoarder vaults, and Sea Fortresses. All have little PvE interference (or easily handled like in the Fortresses, you can literally pick them off from the entrance as they come up/down the stairs with a single pistol shot each) and can be completed pretty quickly for good loot. You can also fly an Emissary flag while doing these, but that increases the chances you will be attacked. Also doing these during the Gold Rush Hours will double your haul.

Also doing voyages in the Devil's Roar will grant better loot, but you have the added danger of volcanos and geysers. But a lot of players will avoid that area because of that.

Also in the Maiden Voyage there are several hidden caches of coins and doubloons around that island, around 20K if I remember right. If you did not get all them when you first played it, fire that up again and explore around for keys and hidden chambers. But once you find them all, they won't respawn so you can't cheese it for all eternity.

I hauled in about 150K in a little over an hour by doing 2 Sea Fortresses and a couple of shipwrecks along the way (I believe there was a skeleton sloop involved as well, but might be wrong on that) while flying a Reaper's Bones Emissary flag sailing solo. And this was with turning about half of it in when I was only Grade III, and part after I had already lowered my flag when I thought I was going to quit but spied a wreck close by.

โพสต์
การดู
13 จาก 14