Reapers penalties

• @alienmagi said in Reapers penalties:

I couldnt disagree more. At least 90% of reapers in my vast amount of gameplay time were ready and looking to pvp. Including myself and my regular crewmates and with loot on board. I just dont see how you came to this conclusion.

If that were an accurate estimate then why would this suggestion even be necessary?

• @wolfmanbush said in Reapers penalties:

@alienmagi said in Reapers penalties:

I couldnt disagree more. At least 90% of reapers in my vast amount of gameplay time were ready and looking to pvp. Including myself and my regular crewmates and with loot on board. I just dont see how you came to this conclusion.

If that were an accurate estimate then why would this suggestion even be necessary?

Because running as a reaper defeats the purpose of what seems to be the original vision for the faction.

• @alienmagi said in Reapers penalties:

@wolfmanbush said in Reapers penalties:

Because running as a reaper defeats the purpose of what seems to be the original vision for the faction.

In the description of reaper's it states "Reaper's Bones are willing to reward Pirates for any Treasure, stolen or found"

"The Reaper's Bones do not offer any Voyages, leaving it up to the Crews of Player Pirates to figure out how to best contribute to the company"

This is very clearly outlining that a pirate should play how they want to play which is the general theme of the game

• @wolfmanbush said in Reapers penalties:

@wolfmanbush said in Reapers penalties:

In the description of reaper's it states "Reaper's Bones are willing to reward Pirates for any Treasure, stolen or found"

"The Reaper's Bones do not offer any Voyages, leaving it up to the Crews of Player Pirates to figure out how to best contribute to the company"

This is very clearly outlining that a pirate should play how they want to play which is the general theme of the game

If OP's wishes came true, players could still play how they want to play by choosing an emissary that fits their play style.

The same argument you made could be made for anything else in the game as well.
    For example: why do we not have PvE only servers if thats how some players want to play the game?

Well the answer is it goes against the developers original vision and I think the same thing applies to the reaper faction.

I guess we'll just have to see if Rare wants to change anything. Im sure they will rework the faction at some point.

• Please remember to be courteous while on our platform. Thank you.

• I can understand the frustration when you're looking for a fight and the faction you feel should want to fight you actually doesn't. But that doesn't mean that they are wrong.

The thing is maybe it isn't a good idea for them to fight you there and then. Maybe there are low on resources, maybe one of their crewmate is lagging at that moment, maybe they try to find a advantageous spot but you never allow them to find one etc etc. When you allow people to flee, you allow them to chose when they fight. They will fight if they think that their reward is greater than their risk.

Either you force them to fight by attacking them properly (cutting off their escape route) or you entice them to fight you by making it seem like you are worse fighters than they are.

You already can do that. You don't need the dev's to do it for you. ;)

• Lol how would the game determine if a ship is 'running' exactly

• If you want to encourage a certain playstyles while still allowing freedom of choice you do that by providing incentive to the activity you want to see happening, not by applying a penalty to those who don't. The penalty route is a restriction of freedom, the incentive method nudges players toward a certain style of play while leaving everything open to them (as they don't get a disadvantage by not doing something, they just elect to not have an advantage which is more of a proper choice in this type of environment).

So, if anything, we should be talking about Reapers getting even more of or turning in Flags than they do now, to give incentive to sinking any other Ship that hoists a Flag - but still also allows players to elect into a PvE route if that is what they want to do for the convenience of being able to sell everything at one place.

• Can't take away peoples freedom to choose what they do or how they play.

Regardless how you feel about it player freedom is to SOT's what the Prime Directive is to Star Trek.

โพสต์
การดู
feedbackgeneralquestionjust for funcompetition
44 จาก 46