The Grand Seas Rally Race

• This is a new special world event (in that it does not take a world event slot), that provides a quasi-indirect competition for the sea of thieves.

A horn blares. And you make your way to an Sea Post. The Grand tour has begun. This is a race around the sea of thieves collecting special coins from 8 randomly chosen islands in the Sea (2 from each region) (You will know the islands). The first to collect 1 of each of the 8 coins offered at an island, and hand them all in at one of the 3 checkpoints scattered across the map wins the grand prize.

How do you get the coins? At each of the randomly chosen island is a test of skill or wit. This could be a map, a riddle, cannon target, obstacle course, or other event. Complete the event, and collect the coin. If that course of action proves too hard, you could always take another pirate's coins....but that wouldn't be playing fair would it? Don't worry, they can go get another one...(or all of them if you sink them). Don't worry, all ships will have a golden glow about them so you know they are engaged in the race. Pick your targets wisely.

Ok. So, the overview is done. Let me discuss certain things about this.

First. This is not a direct race, with a set start and a set end. Instead, It's more like a scavenger hunt. This is by design. If I chose an obvious single point (say Sea Dog's Tavern) that creates multiple frustrations that I think would kill the event. First, crews closer to the tavern would be at a large advantage. Second, too many shenanigans around sinking other ships before the start of the race would make it near impossible to truly start on time. If I chose a single turn-in point then the optimal strategy becomes to simply wait for someone else to do all the hard work, and ambush them at turn in. Multiple starting points lets the event start, with less fine tuning required. And 3 turn in points means that while you CAN try to ambush the turn in, it's no longer the best strategy, which means you can also go out and try to earn your coins.

Also, collecting the 8 coins in any order means that ships can plot and plan their course to take best advantage of their ship's features, and means you can tackle the course in a different direction than others. This gives you more freedom to tackle how you want, and strategize as opposed to merely sinking and hoping to get ahead.

Finally, the test at each island to earn the coin is important as well. This is actually a balancing factor. It forces players to get off of their ship and do something on an island. Faster ships may not have an advantage as the skill test can slow them down as they struggle to complete it.

Finally, you have to turn in all 8 coins at once. This is done by a coin board you have to fill in. You can't bank coins, you can't just collect 8 random coins. It has to be the 8 different coins. (see basic concept art below).
    https://i.imgur.com/YtubZi5.png

• A little late for easter eggs' hunt is it?

Anyhow "sprinting" to catch emissaries and steal forts is enough for me.

• @metal-ravage

Well the islands aren't a mystery. So this isn't really an easter egg hunt. It's just that the two islands in each region won't be the same event to event. You can't just memorize an optimized route.

3 중의 2