Hourglass end match

• I don’t mind hourglass PvP but the only problem besides hackers and hit reg is the length of the games. All my friends about sea of thieves complain about how long the PvP matches can last wich is why I suggest and idea for an end match. My suggestion is to fixing this problem is During the match the area the players fight begins to shrink several times until after about 30 minutes of no team has one the fight yet a whirlpool will open up in the center and slowly get larger and larger until both teams are inside it circling inside it. The whirlpool event could last ten minutes before it would pull both teams down to the bottom of the ocean if no one won. But think of an end match like the final battle in pirates of the Caribbean at worlds end and all the combat mix up it would bring. Like walking along a harpoon with a bottomless whirlpool below you

• I agree that match lengths can go on a bit, but tbf, this is on the players within the match. A shrinking circle might be a solution but I don’t think it’s the best one. A whirlpool event limited to only the ending of an hourglass match would be a shame not to utilise elsewhere.

• Tbh if I'm not on a streak and I've been matched with someone who runs away after every broadside or someone who just starts running I just scuttle and que again

• complain about how long the PvP matches can last

Remove hourglass. It still a pvp match. Are they still gonna complain?

• @nukesuper

Honestly? I've seen many of these complaints before. Best solution IMO, is to simply put in a timer (exact time TBD), and go for a boxing-like point system.

Shots, hits, repairs, buckets, masts, anchors, Pirate Kills, boards, etc. all earn different amounts of points. If there's no sink after the timer ends, the lower scoring ship auto-scuttles and loses.

I don't know the exact time to make for an interesting fight. We could start it at 15 or 30 minutes and adjust from there.

• @tesiccl I would be mad if they added it in only hourglass but I think it would be good if they added it in open world and the end of hourglass

• @tybald I like that idea I just think if there were to be a whirlpool it would be a really cool experience and mix up the PvP and that would also give them a reason to add it to the open world as well

7 중의 6