Return the Killer Whale! A Hunter’s Call seapost/outpost/headquarters idea.

• During The Shrouded Deep, Merrick's Ship the Killer Whale end up beached on a small reef at M-12.

Killer Whale at M-12

I has hoping that RARE would turn that shipwreck in permanent landmark, maybe turn it into seapost. One thing I think is missing in the game is that none of the Factions have a base of operations or some form headquaters. Only the Sea Dogs and the Reaper''s Bones is the only factions that have a headquater in form of The Glorious Sea Dog Tavern and the Reaper's Hideout.

The Glorious Sea Dog

The Reaper's Hideout

A missed opportunity in my humble opinion, but not one that still can be fix. Let's bring back the Killer Whale and turn it Seapost and the Headquaters of the Hunter's Call!

게시물
    조회 수
    feedbackcommunityjust for funstory & loreevents
  • @vernalwriter370 said in Return the Killer Whale! A Hunter’s Call seapost/outpost/headquarters idea.:

During The Shrouded Deep, Merrick's Ship the Killer Whale end up beached on a small reef at M-12.

Killer Whale at M-12

I has hoping that RARE would turn that shipwreck in permanent landmark, maybe turn it into seapost. One thing I think is missing in the game is that none of the Factions have a base of operations or some form headquaters. Only the Sea Dogs and the Reaper''s Bones is the only factions that have a headquater in form of The Glorious Sea Dog Tavern and the Reaper's Hideout.

The Glorious Sea Dog

The Reaper's Hideout

A missed opportunity in my humble opinion, but not one that still can be fix. Let's bring back the Killer Whale and turn it Seapost and the Headquaters of the Hunter's Call!

You are clearly behind on your lore - Warsmith has already used Merrick's ship to build the Reaper's Hideout.

• @galactic-geek
    The Killer Whale you are talking about was Merrick's original ship.

The one I was taking about is the new Killer Whale, which Bell summoned/riased from Sea of the Damned during The Shrouded Deep event.

• @vernalwriter370 said in Return the Killer Whale! A Hunter’s Call seapost/outpost/headquarters idea.:

@galactic-geek
    The Killer Whale you are talking about was Merrick's original ship.

The one I was taking about is the new Killer Whale, which Bell summoned/riased from Sea of the Damned during The Shrouded Deep event.

...and I'm fairly certain that 1 is being used to help GSO.

• @galactic-geek said in Return the Killer Whale! A Hunter’s Call seapost/outpost/headquarters idea.:

@vernalwriter370 said in Return the Killer Whale! A Hunter’s Call seapost/outpost/headquarters idea.:

The Original Killer Whale sunk in-between two islands known as Uncharted Island at I-12 and J-12 that would become the Reaper's Hideout.

Pictures of Uncharted Island at I-12 and J-12 before it become Reaper's Hideout

When Warsmith washed ashore on Uncharted Island at I-12 and J-12, (which the Sea of Thieves community was nicknamed Whale Killer Island after Merrick’s ship that sunk there), she began to charted the island and use the wreck of the Original Killer Whale to build the main building that would Reaper’s Bones Headquarters.

Reaper’s Hideout being built on Uncharted Island at I-12 and J-12

@galactic-geek said in Return the Killer Whale! A Hunter’s Call seapost/outpost/headquarters idea.:

@vernalwriter370 said in Return the Killer Whale! A Hunter’s Call seapost/outpost/headquarters idea.:

The Original Killer Whale sunk in-between two islands known as Uncharted Island at I-12 and J-12 that would become the Reaper's Hideout.

Pictures of Uncharted Island at I-12 and J-12 before it become Reaper's Hideout

When Warsmith washed ashore on Uncharted Island at I-12 and J-12, (which the Sea of Thieves community was nicknamed Whale Killer Island after Merrick’s ship that sunk there), she began to charted the island and use the wreck of the Original Killer Whale to build the main building that would Reaper’s Bones Headquarters.

Reaper’s Hideout being built on Uncharted Island at I-12 and J-12

Don't explain things to me that I already know. It's a waste of time for the both of us.

• or you can find it sailing around and you can sell stuff at it for double gold and rep

• @galactic-geek said in Return the Killer Whale! A Hunter’s Call seapost/outpost/headquarters idea.:

Don't explain things to me that I already know. It's a waste of time for the both of us.

This is incredibly pompous and ironic coming from someone that explained the lore of The (OG) Killer Whale to someone that already knew it.

Also, one has to wonder if you really do already know this considering you thought The (NEW) Killer Whale was at Reaper's despite the fact that it was in the game world about a month ago. Don't try to say that it wasn't clear which Killer Whale OP meant, as they specifically said the one from the adventure.

The adventure website also clarifies that there are two Killer Whales.

Pirates who answered Larinna’s call in ‘The Shrouded Deep’ would encounter the Killer Whale, a (mostly) faithful recreation of Merrick’s original Galleon

When OP brought you up on this mistake you said that The (NEW) Killer Whale is being used to help Golden Sands. As far as I'm aware this is just straight up conjecture. There is no dialogue that implies this, nor was it shown in the Adventure trailer - and it's not on the Adventure website. We don't see it in game being used either. You pulled a random lie out of nowhere to win an argument rather than accepting that you had made a mistake.

The (NEW) Killer Whale is currently MIA and for you to wrongfully and arrogantly dismiss someone's idea because of something you believe to be true, and then get upset at them for correcting you, is quite rude.

• @pickelking101 this would be cool - like a moving seapost!

• @mferr11 said:

Also, one has to wonder if you really do already know this considering you thought The (NEW) Killer Whale was at Reaper's despite the fact that it was in the game world about a month ago.

I was never referring to the "new" Killer Whale until mentioning it later. This is clearly a misunderstanding on my part - I never bothered to click the OP's links. I had assumed he was referring to the old landmark where you could read Merrick's journal when it was poking out of the water on the Killer Whale's mast. For that mistake, I apologize. 😥

And yes, my remark about where the new 1 is was conjecture - that's why I used the phrase, "I'm fairly certain..." 🙄

Regardless, the location the OP was referring to was, IMO, too close to many other locations to be a viable spot. Things should be, relatively speaking, evenly spread out to allow for room for sailing so that you're not having to constantly risk crashing into something.

New locations are nice, but that's not a good place for 1, IMO.

게시물
조회 수
feedbackcommunityjust for funstory & loreevents
10 중의 9