Ghostbeard Error HELP!!!!!

• Every time I click on start game and it begins loading the game will continue to load for about a minute then display an error saying 'kicked due to authorisation failure (Ghostbeard)'.

I've tried nearly every solution I've come across (there isn't much information about this error) and even spoke to SOT support with no luck, this all started after the new update as it was perfectly fine before.

But what has been determined is its the fault of EasyAntiCheat, here is the support message:

Thank you for your support request.

As you are receiving the Ghostbeard error, I can confirm that this is generally caused by a home network issue preventing Easy anti-cheat from communicating with Epics online service. In an attempt to resolve this issue, please see the following support articles from Easy Anti-cheat which include steps for testing your connection to EAC, and also your anti-virus software among other tests. It may also be worth checking the other support articles from within the 'Troubleshooting' section to see if this resolves your issue:

Easy Anti-Cheat - Game Errors Solution Guide

If your issue persists after these checks, please respond where we can investigate further.

If anyone has any ideas or if anyone else is dealing with this please let me know

P.S. I also have the game on PS5 and have no problems whatsoever so it's only affecting me on PC.

投稿
    表示回数
  • Friend of mine is having the same issue, trying to look online for the solution but found nothing so far.

We were both playing just fine, then dived to a quest and he got kicked with the ghost beard error and he hasn't been able to rejoin since.

He has reinstalled the game and issue still persists, waiting on a response from the support team

• @hillybale

Well at least I know I'm not the only one, but I have found out some more info since I typed this:

1. I have formatted my system 3 times now with both Win10 and 11 and still no luck.

2. It's not my home internet as I tried it with my phone hotspot and still nothing.

3. There is one possible way around it with software called Pihole but I'm not even gonna try that as it's a bit complex

4. The game works perfectly fine (atm) on my ps5 so it's obviously not my router or anything

The last thing I'm gonna try is a new ssd (need to upgrade anyway) and see if there is any changes.

Hopefully we can figure this out soon because right now it looks like we'll just have to wait for a patch at some point

• Same issue here. I started occurring today (5/2/2024) after I downloaded the game update. Using PC (Xbox launcher)

UPDATE: re-installing the game fixed the issue

• @fabri

Glad u were able to fix it

• @admiralnyx the issue is back for me today :(

• I found a fix for myself that may help you guys as well.

I was using Ethernet and having the same issue. All i needed to do to fix it was go to using wifi. The game is a little laggy without ethernet (at least for myself) but it at least let's you play until they fix this issue.

• @hillybale

I fixed it in xbox live by using the "Verify and repair" option

• @hillybale
    Im having the problem aswell, i feel like its an massive problem for pc players

• I had this problem today. Went into Settings then apps. Clicking repair and reset seemed to do it for me. Best of luck

• same problem, no success even after reinstall.

• I fixed the problem.

For anyone that's tried nearly everything but still doesn't work here is what I found finally worked for me:

• Try a new harddrive

I had a SSD 500gb but I changed to a M.2 SSD and amazingly it worked!!!

I know it may not work for everyone but as someone who tried so many solutions I'm just glad this worked.

Best of luck Everyone ♥️

• If it happens again press the windows button then g and make sure that your connected on the xbox game bar on pc that's how I fixed it

• go into windows settings, int he settings search bar type programs and then click add or remove programs then in there search for sea of thieves and then click the three dots, then click advanced options, then scroll down until you see the reset and repair button, then reset and repair it, boom problem solved

• What I did to fix this: I repaired the files first and launched the game, issue still present. Then I deleted RadminVPN that I needed to play LAN minecraft (sorta like Hamachi), then I launched the game and it is fine now.

• If your on pc, launch the game and restart your pc, then it should work

投稿
表示回数
16 / 5