Season 12 Update - State of Play

• @grantsby i agree, but I would rather change the commendation than drastically increase the spawnrate. (Well, I think the spawnrate should be increased a bit. I feel like if someone is really trying to get one should find on average one within an hour max two.)

• @grantsby I do agree. And it's not just horns. With 1,806 hrs into the game I've never seen the Shrouded Lie lol
    While I understand not wanting to FLOOD the servers with them (tho the chaos would be hilarious), I fully agree the spawn percentage should be increased on horns, the Bone Caller, etc. Especially if they are setting such high completion numbers. While I do not expect low enough numbers to do it in a week, but I feel w/ current spawn rates, it'll take months. For casual players, it might not happen for a year or more.

Over all, I think it's about finding that good balance that doesn't ruin it for the avid player or casual player.

• @vioietgriff This is happening to me as well. It's really frustrating since it was working really well this afternoon and I even bought the plunder pass. Now I can't join my friends and I can't even play on my own ship because of the infinite loading screen.

• @leator said in Season 12 Update - State of Play:

@grantsby i agree, but I would rather change the commendation than drastically increase the spawnrate. (Well, I think the spawnrate should be increased a bit. I feel like if someone is really trying to get one should find on average one within an hour max two.)

that is 100% fair - I know I for one will most likely NEVER/RARELY go out of my way to get a Horn, or Walk Treasure across a harpoon, or kill all these enemies with the new weapons, etc. after completing the commendations for S12.

This is just another example (recall the original Captaincy Milestones for almost literally EVERYTHING... most notably catching 1,000 fish for the top tier trinket X 10 Species = 10,000 total fish... after most players already completed all their HC commendations... are you kidding me?!?... ) before they recognized how insanely high they set the goals before finally Reducing the top tier to level 33 or whatever it is now, which pretty much gave all top tier trinkets to the people who had been grinding out those things since they launched. And they wern't even tied to commendations - they were just trinkets for your ship...

So I agree that both an increase in spawn rate, and a reduction in the commendation requirement are necessary, it's just about finding the appropriate balance for both.

Hopefully the Maintenance window just announced this morning for May 7th will correct this...

• Hello, fellow pirates. My name is Buddy Collins.
    I just want to ask a few questions. And please, be honest.
    I LOVE this game, but can't I get you developers to make some sort of player-type cheat that empowers and boosts up your pirate character?
    Plus, could you make a thing for modifications like that? Plus I want a fast and easy way to get more Experience and Treasure to become a great pirate.
    You see, I love pirates and pirate games like this one.
    Now, I know this might seem wrong, but I just want to try that option.
    Please let me know or leave me a comment.
    Thanks

• I experience all the bugs everyone else does usually but never really ever had any issues with crashes, yet the game has been sea of crashes since the season 12 patches have come in. First season 12 patch i started getting the game freezing and task manager says game is suspended, now since latest patch i don't even get any error or freeze, game just instantly shuts down.

• The new commendations are way too overtuned. 200 sharks? 250 horns? It'd probably be easier to get 5 Shrouded Ghost kills

• @therealsourmeat said in Season 12 Update - State of Play:

The new commendations are way too overtuned. 200 sharks? 250 horns? It'd probably be easier to get 5 Shrouded Ghost kills

Sharks are easy - just go to shrine of hungering... bring throwing knives and your double barrel... 2 knives+1 double barrel shot = dead - so you can kill 3 before reloading - so just do the shrine 20 times or whatever to complete. I know it's grindy - but what is SoT if not the grindiest game of all time.

Horns are a pain, and should spawn on random island beaches like Disney Sticks, fingers crossed that will be implemented in a future update during S-12.

Within 2-3 weeks of grinding this season's Commendations - you might feel differently - just think about the other grinds from previous seasons and how mind numbing some of them were to get the Captaincy Milestones - basically replaying the whole game again just for a ship trinket.

The most ridiculous new Comm from this new season is PEPPERED MEG - hitting a Meg with (I think its...) 250 scattershots. Everything else from this update can be completed by diving to world events, voyages, etc. if you know what you're doing - but Megs are 100% RNG... there is nothing you can do to progress the commendation except sail around in open water as much as possible...

Thank god they finally fixed Megs with today's HotFix so they now A) charge your boat, and B) stick around for 15-ish minutes before de-spawning instead of the 5 minutes it's been for the past several seasons.

Even with the HotFix however - Scattershots are intended to put 4 T-1 holes in an enemy player or Skelly's vessel at close range - Ghost ships are also just... "whatever Rare, fine..." - but MEGS - are you kidding me?!? No one is ever going to use a scattershot on a Meg - but yet some genius decided to have a comm for it that might not even be possible to complete this season for the casual player unless they join a Meg Hunt alliance server, which is also super-duper-stocked with enough of them

There are so many awesome and really great things about this season, like the shenanigans you can get into with harpoon tight-rope walking, and the throwing knives are amazing, and Bonecallers... LET's GO!!! , and the Horn (despite it's current rarity) - just think about it's functionality and opportunities for different uses!!, and more! But Again... "Whatever Rare, fine... I guess we shouldn't really be that surprised that you would put something like Peppered Meg in there" just to screw with the OG, dedicated, daily playing, commendation hunting/completionist playerbase.

• @x-raven-77-x said in Season 12 Update - State of Play:

You’re “incredibly happy with how this recent Season has landed with players”?

Drew, are any of those players on Xbox Series X?

The frame rate stability is still so far below what it was pre-GDK in mid-February, the game feels awful to play.

Upon loading in fresh for Season 12 I thought all the juddering was fixed - until I came across another ship at sea. The game never dropped frames as poorly as this in January and in other earlier builds. Fighting rival ship, frame drops. Fighting NPC ships, frame drops. Storm effects, frame drops. Even connecting a (first-party official) headset mid-play - the entire game freezes for a second.

But hey, as long as the vocal PC players and new PS5 players are kept content, right.

Again, I’m staggered that a product we paid for has been so diminished in quality by its own retailer/creator, on its most-expensive console, with not one word of acknowledgement, let alone explanation.

And I no longer have faith your team has the competence to fix it. Perhaps you should scrap the Xbox version and let the outsourcing team who did the PlayStation port do one on your own console for you.

UNDER-rated chad post.

• @grantsby Why would I want to go to a shrine and kill sharks for hours? That doesn't sound fun at all

• Please fix the kiwibeard error

• @therealsourmeat said in Season 12 Update - State of Play:

@grantsby Why would I want to go to a shrine and kill sharks for hours? That doesn't sound fun at all

No it sure doesnt!!!

But it is however, very effective...

Yet another activity that isn't "fun" but once it's out of the way, we can all go back to doing what we like to do on the seas haha.

• @grantsby Suit yourself. I play video games to have fun.

• @x-raven-77-x

Thank goodness I'm not the only one that's noticed a drop with the frame rate, are you using an Nvidia by chance?

There are just instances where the game straight up stutters and then sort of resumes its normal behaviour. The worst is when this happens out at sea, or in a PvP battle.

Edit: Just noticed you're on a Series X. By the way, I've had the beta for PS5 and didn't notice stuttering. Maybe the stuttering I'm having on PC has nothing to do with the frame rate drops on a Series X but know that we're having issues too.

投稿
表示回数
84 / 73