EAC - Unknown File Version (SoTGame.exe)

• Still no fix
    Have tried moving the file to a different drive.
    Adding a zero and switching the last digit in the code was also ineffective.
    Nothing from dev team. A close friend of mine also has the game on the xbox app he is able to play we spent a couple hours yesterday going through all the files and were unable to spot any difference. Sea of thieves get it together 😩

• Hi there! I got the same problem and tried everything said in this thread and nothing works. I mean, it's unbelievable that u pay 40 bucks for a game and they are unable to solve the problem in 2 weeks or directly give any explanation. So yeah, the only thing we can do is wait...

• @capitafuet they really really broke this game now. Maybe they will do something about after PS players show up, who knows... all i know is that im trying to get in the code of the game to launch it and this is WRONG, and even if it does after touching EAC settings file etc, I will get hazelnutbeard until im bored. This game is unplayable for most PC Xbox users.... Rare is quiet because they KNOW THEY F UP big time.

• @ch3ck3r75 ye that's what I was asking. Mine's the steam version.

• @andrewai2022 they asked me to do that in my support ticket a week ago, still no response from em.

• @iiitzbam same here! I also did the same here that you did and NOTHING!! Rare replied me already they are rn investigating whats going on here. I hope to recieve some rewards for not having been at this last anniversary because of Rare

• Call me unable, but i didn't find the reason why the game act like this. I think it have to do with EAC. Even with debugger i couldn't find the reason (or i'm to unable to do it)... sorry guys :( Now i'm feeling bad to do that with computer what i did the last "few" years... Rare has to fix it.

• @monkeydjury yup. update 03/26/2024 , game is still unplayable. Only after adding that 0 at settings.json will make the actual game launch, once you launch you will inmediately get a hazelnutbeard error. Game exits, and then asks to rejoin session. Click "YES" , game loads, can play for 20 seconds then the game crashes. I can notice while im in the server that I cannot type text normally. A weird popup xbox dialog opens up, if i enter text there, then it populates the text bar in game. Totally broken.

Its been more than 2 weeks and NOTHING from Rare.

• I found a fix!!!!!!!

Do this and your game should work.

Uninstall the game do not move files it needs to be an uninstall, follow that up by shutting down the pc can probably skip this step but this is exactly what I did.

Re install game on the other local disk. I originally had the game downloaded on drive d re installed on c drive and I launched and have been playing well over an hour now no problems.

Happy sailing 👍

• I am also currently playing after 2 weeks with Microsoft version and w10. After doing all the tests that people put here, the game no longer worked nor was it found as an application on the computer. I decided to reinstall everything again for possible future solutions and to test if everything was correct even with the eac error. To my surprise, without doing anything, just reinstalling it started working. I am not giving a solution, I am just commenting on my case with the eac error.
    I hope that when they solve all this, it doesn't happen again and they take into account the people who haven't been able to play all this time.

• @camrn7051 did that and dosent work at least for me

• I have the same problem on 2 PC's at home (win10 and win11).
    Is there a solution? We have tried everything suggested in this thread without any result.

• No proper solutions yet. No official statements or announcements. They said they are lookin into the matter through support tickets.

Reinstalling the game to your OS drive seems to work for some people. Other than that nothing. Dont know tf is Rare upto.

• @pepenites That sucks man. Seems so unusual that the same fix isn’t working for everyone.
    The fix did however work for me so anyone reading this definitely worth a try. Maybe worth trying again downloading over night.
    Prior to uninstalling I deleted the anti cheat file and then verified the files via the Xbox app, can’t see this having anything to do with the solution so didn’t include it but worth a try. I also had a VPN on at the time of installing. None of this should matter though but I figure I’d include it as I know how frustrating it is and who knows when Rare will fix this.

For anyone else the solution for me was to uninstall and re install the game on a different drive.

If this solution works for you up vote my messages so everybody else is aware.
    Best of luck everybody, hopefully an official fix comes soon although at this point I wouldn’t hold my breath.

• So are you guys here getting an error message saying "EAC initialisation error (baldbeard)" when you launch the game or am I getting the different issue then what is discussed on this thread?

• @chaskanalgas 03/27/24, game still is unplayable. No updates, no Rare communication. I use Xbox app, when i launch, the game screen gets to Waiting for game and it closes. But yes, the fix is adding the 0 to settings.json etc etc... thats not working for me... because even though this way im able to get the game to load, its impossible to geta stable session. I get Hazelnutbeard after 20 seconds of activity. The game has an endless loop of hAZeLNuTBeArD :S

• @iiitzbam
    Good morning iiiTzBAM, as I mentioned when I reinstalled the game, I didn't do it with the hope that it would work, but it did and it still works. Yesterday I played more than 3 hours but there was a moment when the game started to go wrong like lag and there was no way to solve it. Also, what I have noticed since the Xbox app works for me is that it sends me a user confirmation every time I log in and asks me for firewall permissions, something it didn't do before.

• Hello there, fellows.
    Just got that problem and solved it pretty fast. I dunno if there was a fix but there's my solution:
    In Steam click rmb on the game, then "properties", then "installed files" and click on "check game files" or kind of this button.
    It helped me so I decided to share it. Hope it would help ya'll, if someone didn't try this already.

• Yeah it's an well known fix for steam users, but you are screwed wehn you use the Microsoft store version.
    I tried to repair the game through the Xbox app, but it didn't help.

• @powerfulbroom Its a well known fix for steam users for sure but being a steam user myself it doesn't work for me

• Hey guys,

Not even a new update today for this problem.
    My soluce of modifying a file of EAC had worked only 1 day and since, I have same problem as iiiTzBAM : HazelnutBeard every 15-20 seconds ingame.

2 weeks stuck already, while other friends could do the birthday event, have free easy loots on skeletons boats...

First time I feel demotivated on this game !

See you on the seas,
    Franck

• alt text

This game is not working !! Hazelnutbeard non stop, Dont see any keybinds when opening settings during the 20 seconds im allowed to be online. Then Hazelnutbeard.

Also, cant type normally, when I open chat bubble, an Xbox App pop up appears, like a dialog to enter the text in there?

This is so broken. This game is losing its most loyal player base for lack of reaction to a problem they are choosing to ignore.

@RARE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS

XBOX APP IS NOT WORKING. YOUR GAME IS BROKEN

SEA OF HAZELNUTBEARD

• I have 3 PC's to play Sea Of Thieves in home coop.

1. Win10 Pc. On 3rd try moving game to other disk worked (SSD1 failed, SSD2 failed, only worked when moved game to HDD)
    2. Win11 without updates - game works straight from xbox app no issue
    3. Win11 with updates - game does not work at all. Tried everything, but useless. (Tried to buy steam version and it works like a charm, refunded after the test)

So our third player cannot join the game. Waiting for fixes!!

• Is it possible to somehow transfer the Xbox game to steam (for free)?

• @pingwin42464 nope, I already asked the Support😅

• @shlik007 Mine's windows 11 updated to the latest version but the steam version doesn't work..

• Win11 preview. Game is not working

• @shlik007 THANK YOU.... this is exactly right.

I have W11 fully updated and it does not work...

Been like this for weeks now.

• @shlik007 said in EAC - Unknown File Version (SoTGame.exe):

I have 3 PC's to play Sea Of Thieves in home coop.

1. Win10 Pc. On 3rd try moving game to other disk worked (SSD1 failed, SSD2 failed, only worked when moved game to HDD)
    2. Win11 without updates - game works straight from xbox app no issue
    3. Win11 with updates - game does not work at all. Tried everything, but useless. (Tried to buy steam version and it works like a charm, refunded after the test)

So our third player cannot join the game. Waiting for fixes!!

• Still not working

• SEA OF HAZELNUTBEARD

Still Broken for a fully updated W11 Xbox PC App

• Are there any working fixes now?

• 18 days later and still no fix. They dont care

• @lazey1234 Wow... pretty sad

• @lazey1234 said in EAC - Unknown File Version (SoTGame.exe):

18 days later and still no fix. They dont care

I can assure you, they do care. Even from a cynical business standpoint, it makes no sense... they need players to be able to play to buy Emporium stuff.

But, that aside, Rare have shown in the past that they do care about fixing issues. They are a smaller studio than most people realise though, and trying to support a AAA live service is tough.

In any case, I guess everyone discussing the issue has submitted a bug report with as much detail as possible, so Rare's team can actually find out the cause?

https://support.seaofthieves.com/requests/new

Publications
Vues
120 sur 197