Whisper text chat / Shouting Text Chat

• So lets say you predominantly use text chat because you feel more comfortable than talking to someone via voice.

You are in an alliance but are planning a betrayal. Or perhaps just want to talk behind the back of one of your crew!

There could be something you could add before you type, like a key you could bind or a grammatical symbol you could type before hand that will enable you to whisper.

Basically as long as you are very close to a person you could type it or hotkey and only people standing next to you can hear.
    However they still is a chance they can if they walk by so it would be wise to check around like you normally would!

As for shout text chat. Basically the same but reversed. As we cant text chat and use the voice projector item, it would serve as a text chat equivilant.

Publications
    Vues
  • @shadow20642 shouting text is already in the game, actually since the speaking trumpet exists...just equip it and write, no need to put it to your mouth, equip is enough

• @schwammlgott the Secondary Use on the Speaking Trumpet is a Whisper now as well. Reduces the range that your voice can be heard. Not sure if it prevents your own Crew from hearing you unless they are close.

• @redeyesith sagte in Whisper text chat / Shouting Text Chat:

@schwammlgott the Secondary Use on the Speaking Trumpet is a Whisper now as well. Reduces the range that your voice can be heard. Not sure if it prevents your own Crew from hearing you unless they are close.

Yeah, I know...what is this? Did you understand what I was saying?

Edit: the thread isn't about shouting or whispering...it's about shouting or whispering WRITTEN TEXT

• @schwammlgott honestly, I just assumed it would do the same with Text Chat input, I never actually use the Text Chat so I wasn't aware it didn't do this already. And I thought that was what you were getting at with bringing up the Speaking Trumpet to begin with.

In which case, I agree, it should do this since the function exists for Voice and Text is meant to just be a replacement for Voice.

• @redeyesith sagte in Whisper text chat / Shouting Text Chat:

@schwammlgott honestly, I just assumed it would do the same with Text Chat input, I never actually use the Text Chat so I wasn't aware it didn't do this already. And I thought that was what you were getting at with bringing up the Speaking Trumpet to begin with.

In which case, I agree, it should do this since the function exists for Voice and Text is meant to just be a replacement for Voice.

Problem is, you can't hold the speaking trumpet to your mouth, or turn it for whispering WHILE you are writing text...

• @schwammlgott said in Whisper text chat / Shouting Text Chat:

@shadow20642 shouting text is already in the game, actually since the speaking trumpet exists...just equip it and write, no need to put it to your mouth, equip is enough

Awesome! I never knew that! Thanks man.

Publications
Vues
6 sur 7