[MEGA THREAD] Update 2.0.12 - Crews of Rage Discussion & Feedback

• February's Crews of Rage update is now live! Alongside your usual drop of new activities, Black Market and Pirate Emporium items, this month introduces the Pirate Appearance Potion, available for 149 Ancient Coins, which allows players to change the appearance of their pirates without losing items or progress!

You can also look forward to a brand new type of cursed chest which we recommend players handle with extreme care...

The latest release notes can be found here once available: https://www.seaofthieves.com/release-notes/2.0.12

This topic has been set up to provide feedback on the new features, updates and activities that update 2.0.12 brings.

As you participate in this thread -

Keep to the Pirate Code

As a reminder, the Pirate Code is more than just guidelines (though the reference really never gets old), but the rules of the community and game that we expect all members to abide by when participating on the forums. Any member who fails to abide by the code may find themselves put in the brig, or removed from the community.

We also have Forum Rules, which we moderate to.

This thread is for feature discussion and feedback only. If you're looking for help with anything then head over to the Gameplay Guides + Tips category linked below.

Are you in need of any help? Then look no further!

Views
  • Is there any actual content in this update besides the Chest of Rage?

• Strawberry beard needs addressing on Xbox

• @methetron-mkii everybody is trying to hop on today. It's going to happen.

• I... think I'm gonna have to start skipping these 'filler' updates. Got sank and robbed 30 minutes in and I was... happy! Felt glad I didn't have to do the same old key and tomb quest again for hours.

Let me know when the update that pays off on the Flameheart / Masked Lady hype comes out.

• Thanks for bringing back key voyages even if they're overpriced now. Still helps remove part of the RNG of getting the tomes.

• Collector's Chests can now be sold to the hunters Hunter’s Call!alt text

• For a good pirate price i hope ;)

• "Player will no longer encounter an invisible wall between the bowsprit and hull of a Sloop."

This is nice!

• finally a patch with less content and more bug fixes. look forward to seeing finished work on sword combat.

• So we get to collect 5 tombs

Fight skeletons and skeleton lords

Deliver items to Reapers hideout

And buy yet more recoloured clothes, items and ship livery?

Sounds familiar. I'm starting to feel like Bill Murray on update day when my alarm goes off and I log in to do the same all over again.

• Pirate emporium isn't working, and even though I've bought the 550 pack it doesn't show up when I do eventually get into the shop.

• RARE is running out of ideas and only care about cosmetics. So much potential for this game but nothing ever changes.

• @hqv3 said in [MEGA THREAD] Update 2.0.12 - Crews of Rage Discussion & Feedback:

RARE is running out of ideas and only care about cosmetics. So much potential for this game but nothing ever changes.

if all they do is bug fixes and no content from here on out. that works for me.

I'm curious to see what the finished sword combat looks like. and a possible fix to double gunning glitch is intriguing.

edit: did rare seriously make molten sands the only active event? seriously lol... just... facepalm...

clever way to boost numbers at a usually vacant fort.

• Friend changed their black male pirate to a white female pirate, and is now a black female pirate.

• Only one active Fort? Ew.

• UPS

1. joined instantly checked the blackmarket love whats in there.
    2. new rage chest intresting to see what we can do boarding will be better now :)

DOWNS

1. longer loadtime
    2. way more lag
  • @takuboto

Well it's another update where the main activity is just a voyage. It's a continuation of the trend we've been seeing for the whole past year. Another filler update, not terribly exciting. Still waiting for things that change the game for long term/high level players and Pirate Legend content.

Is everything okay between Rare and Microsoft? I certainly hope so...

Nice to see the Chest of Rage out live, so it'll be nice to see how people use these as weapons. The Viva Pinata ship is incredible and I'll definitely be buying this one; Viva Pinata was one of my favorite games as a kid. The Reaper's Heart Weapons are nice as well.

Unfortunately it seems like the Emporium has gotten another bountiful slew of additions while the main update seems like mostly mundane and reskinned content apart from the Chest of Rage.

Growing the Emporium is great and I'm always glad to see new stock there, but the problem is that it seems you're just not putting the same level of attention into the base game. This is another trend a lot of us have noticed.

I'm not trying to be a negative nancy, I just want Sea of Thieves to do well and to have a lot of longevity for many years to come. These types of updates aren't going to do the job I don't think.

• Purchased pirate appearance potion and it won’t let me use it. Even after quitting my game multiple times as well as restarting my Xbox it still won’t work.

• @jojoyster

They've been disabled for now. There's a thread about it...

Anywho

99 dubloons a key voyage? Yikes!

• @jojoyster i have the same problem

• Here's the thread about the potions

https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/108801/pirate-emporium-potion-update

• I just completed the Legendary Chest of Rage voyage, but my Ashen Guardian's skull and notes are nowhere to be found. I turned up my graphics and volume and looked everywhere, but could never find it. Nothing like this has ever happened to me before. Anyone else have this issue? Did it just get blasted somewhere? I died with a keg near it, but I think it may have died before I used the keg from fire.

If it's just I somehow can't find it, then Discovery Ridge is an awful destination for the ending. At least, the spawn placement of the waves is.

• @treefittymonsta said in [MEGA THREAD] Update 2.0.12 - Crews of Rage Discussion & Feedback:

edit: did rare seriously make molten sands the only active event? seriously lol... just... facepalm...

I think Rare finally realized they overpromised and under delivered on Devil's Roar, but, by golly, they'll find a way to get you over there. Even if it is having more fetch quests and one active fort.

• @googoodan said in [MEGA THREAD] Update 2.0.12 - Crews of Rage Discussion & Feedback:

@treefittymonsta said in [MEGA THREAD] Update 2.0.12 - Crews of Rage Discussion & Feedback:

I think Rare finally realized they overpromised and under delivered on Devil's Roar, but, by golly, they'll find a way to get you over there. Even if it is having more fetch quests and one active fort.

yah make the only fort the typically vacant fort.. brilliant? lol but they kept the fleet event in the rotation lol so any server with the fleet up people will hop to find another fort.

at least they fixed the incomplete sword mechanics that were brought last patch. I guess... and another band-aid on double gunning.. that people will peel off and find a new way to do it

I lol'd RL when I read the notes. so bad

I love u rare. but come on

• I think the new chest of rage is a bit over powered as I think it combusts too quickly when on the move I.E when I was transported it from the location I dug it up to reapers hideout it combusted 8 times

• After about 8 hours of playing this update, I do not believe there is any difference in the mermaids. If I fall off my ship, I still have to wait the same amount of time before the mermaid comes up. If I'm trying to jump off to board someone chasing me, my mermaid still chooses to pop up right as their boat is approaching to let them know I'm there. And if I'm swimming up to a ship that's parked at an island, my mermaid will still pop right at their ladder to wave to them that someone else is there. I have not seen any difference at all in how it used to be.

• So, no more double gun exploit? 🤔

I 😍 that bowsprit fix!

• I personally think it’s another disappointing update. Usual rubbish reskinned. These mercenary voyages are wearing thin.
    Another thing, Rare have just made more commendations easier to achieve as they have historically with all others and predictably did with these. Go fight a watered down lord/boss on an island instead of a fort and get your kills that way.

Nothing new here at all, just Rare regurgitating what they always do.

Side note. Who would have thought there would be issues with the customisation potion?? Didn’t see that coming 😂😂

The positives...... Players having the return to the Roar. (expect endless posts about it being to hard and volcanos erupting to often to follow)

• so there appears to be a bug that needs to be hot fix. the game freezes for two to three seconds occasionally. happened on Xbox, my friends potato PC, my decent PC and my other friends monster PC.

the freezes seem to occur when encountering a new player ship as the other crews models render in. I doubt rare will fix it til next patch. but it's a huge issue.

• I did another voyage, and I have some thoughts: first, running all over a huge island to find a skeleton crew is not fun. Second, running all over said same huge island to dig up an Ashen Chest (I skipped the others) that doesn't even contain a new tome is...disappointing, to say the least. These take long enough having to go to the Roar, having them end on enormous islands just makes them oppressive.

• So here we go buying chests and keys what fun we have only 10k dubs left i hope we find your new tomes whatever 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

• Load times are garbage.

Optimize your net code or just remove the option to solo altogether. Forced interactions do not make the game better either.

• Double gunning works exactly like it did before. I can still shoot, sprint, then immediately shoot again. If it's still something that needs to be worked on that's fine but no one asked you guys to put it in the patch notes if it wasn't even actually done and that's what upsets me the most about it.

• Going to the devils roar to get a chest just to carry it back to the other side of the ocean is NOT fun.

The concept of the chest of rage is cool, but having to slog from the shores of plenty to get a chest on the other side of the ocean and then lug it back for this month's commendations is just cumbersome and unfun. I know you want to make players carry loot for the risk reward, but even if i went and got the chest and then sold it before going id still have to go over there just for completion....
    i'd recommend making the chest spawn in the same zone as the quest honestly. that way the quest stays the same conceptually and doesnt waste 30 minutes. You want the Devil's roar to be a thing, i get it, but there has to be a better balance for these boring "Anger from Inside" delivery quests.....

Views
1 out of 90