Bilge Rat Adventure Help

• So I just recently jumped back into the game with my son. We discovered the Bilge Rat Adventures but are unsure how they work. Many (if not all) are locked. I would imagine most of them (Skeleton Thrones, FoTD, Cursed Sails, etc) are gone forever (if this is true, why are they still in the game?) but some are still attainable. I have a few questions regarding these.

1. How many can still be done? My son found a few of the colored flame lanterns on islands, but couldn't do anything with them cause the mission in the menu was locked.
    2. How do I unlock the ones that are locked? Many of chains on them. I am not sure how to unlock them.
    3. Will the ones that were for timed events ever come back?

Thanks for the help!

Views
  • @roastincoffee Ahoy matey!

Glad to see you back and enjoying the game. All of the Bilge Rat adventures/commendation on the commendations page are achievable by your pirates - especially the coloured lanterns one. Some of them no longer reward you with doubloons but many of the later missions do!

• @musicmee My son and I have forgotten how much we liked this game.

So the locked ones, how are those unlocked? I noticed the ones that say "find" or "do" but I didn't notice how to unlock them.

For example, most of the bilge rat commendations are locked to me. Do they only unlock when i complete them?

Also - Duke's screen (Mercenary?)....can I still do any of those?

• @roastincoffee Ahoy matey!

Ahhhh that is awesome to hear!

You are right... they are cryptic hints at what to do to unlock them, the lock will disappear when you have completed the commendation. If you are struggling with any in particular feel free to drop me a message.

Yup, you can still complete the Duke Mercenary Voyage to unlock the cosmetics in Duke's shop, but be quick as these don't stick around for long.

• @musicmee said in Bilge Rat Adventure Help:

@roastincoffee Ahoy matey!

Ahhhh that is awesome to hear!

You are right... they are cryptic hints at what to do to unlock them, the lock will disappear when you have completed the commendation. If you are struggling with any in particular feel free to drop me a message.

Yup, you can still complete the Duke Mercenary Voyage to unlock the cosmetics in Duke's shop, but be quick as these don't stick around for long.

Thanks! I Assume all the other bilge rat adventures besides this one are locked? (All the rectangles in the bilge rat screen I mean.)

• @roastincoffee No, they aren't locked. Any that are no longer achievable have been removed from the game. The only commendations I know that fit that category are the Lore Quest and Skelly Ship Region Battle commendations from Cursed Sails (the other commendations for that BR Adventure remain).

Everything else is still unlockable. You will only receive doobloons for ones post Cursed Sails, however. Prior to that, only titles and the warm feeling of achievement remain.

You can still find the Skeleton Thrones, for example. Finding another crew willing to do the ones that require multiple crews may be difficult, but you can easily do the single crew sits.

And the Festival of the Damned required dying in particular ways, gathering a flame on the Ferry of the Damned, and lighting the beacons on the islands. Those are still achievable (though, it is much harder and takes some preparation to die by lightning strike now that the event is over).

• @roastincoffee The chains just mean you haven't completed the task, once you do complete them the chains will be gone. You can Google the events and find out what the event was about and how to complete them or sail with a pirate that has done them in the past. Some events are a little harder to complete now because conditions have changed, such as getting struck and killed by lightning is harder now. You won't get the time limited cosmetics but many of the events still pay out doubloons and of course you will get the achievements and titles.

• @bran-the-ent Thanks! This is exactly what I was hoping to find out. So the Reputation Screen, when you click on Bilge Rat Alliance, you get 9 "events":
    Mercenary Voyages, Shrouded Spoils, FoTD, Forsaken Shores, The Cursed Crews, Cursed Sails, The Sunken Curse, Gunpowder Skeletons, Skeleton Thrones

I assume this is the order they were released? (Left to Right Top to Bottom)?

Which means I will earn nothing for The Sunken Curse, Gunpowder Skeletons, or Skeleton Thrones?

I am not a completion-ist so, I just want to know what not to spend my time on. I also want to know what events my Son and I can still work on and get rewarded for. Even if not the cosmetic items.

• @roastincoffee Matey, if you love aggravation and completing a very tough task, then I suggest doing the skelly throne at marauders arch. I am sure that @x-Crowheart-x will vouch for this.....

• @nofears-fun sagte in Bilge Rat Adventure Help:

@roastincoffee Matey, if you love aggravation and completing a very tough task, then I suggest doing the skelly throne at marauders arch. I am sure that @x-Crowheart-x will vouch for this.....

do it :D

do it all - its fun!

you wont get Dubloon for the earlier ones, but from cursed sails iirc all event achievements grant you dubloons.

you can safe them for further event cosmetics.
    actually you can still get the Mercenary Ship Hull, Sails and Flag from Duke in any Tavern. Buy the mission for 5 Dubloons, earn 50 and unlock and buy them from Duke.

Some Achievements need to be unlocked to unlock specific Ship Cosmetics you can buy forever.
    Bone Crusher Cannons, Wheel and Capstan for example at Morrows Peak.

Some tasks my not reward you ingame anymore, but are fun to do, e.g. the Thrones you mentioned.

I also still need to finish some tasks of former events to unlock stuff i want to buy.

All you do leads to new adventures!

Have Fun!

• @roastincoffee Yes, Left to Right, Top to Bottom. You will only get titles for the ones you mention. You will not get doobloons for anything in Cursed Sails, but you can unlock some cosmetics (the Bone Crusher equipment and cannons). You will earn doobloons and unlock cosmetics for any event after Cursed Sails - I have an alt that just unlocked the Ashen gear from Forsaken Shores. You won't get the time-limited rewards for anything other than the current event - currently, it's the Mercenary ship livery.

Some old ones you will find that you achieve through regular gameplay (many of the Gunpowder Skeleton commendations, for example).

• @nofears-fun Yeah, but it's a multi-crew sit... so, unless he can find another crew to endure that again, it won't get the achievement. I tell ya, though... the Crooked Masts beacon was child's play by comparison.

• @nofears-fun

Oh yes. I am so grateful you and @QueenPucci had the patience to watch my poor pirate do his most eloquent face plants into the side of that cliff. I am very appreciative to you both that we got to complete sitting on all the thrones.

I pretty much have everything unlocked now. Still need to find the Shrouded Ghost. Also need to work on finishing Devil's Roar cargo runs.

It was a lot of fun sailing in our little armada this past weekend. We took Remi and his friend on a full Athena voyage on a galleon after you both left. They call @QueenPucci Mother. We ended up being Uncle Crow and Grandpa Wolf.

• @x-crowheart-x Those two boys are funny. For some reason I am called "Dad". LOL Probably because I am quiet for the most part other then when it is time to bark out directions. LOL

And anytime matey. I spoke to @QueenPucci after and she agreed we very much look forward to sailing with you and @x-wolfstryder-x, possibly on a galleon sometime. Would love doing the armada thing again so we can get @Ruigtand-NL out with us as well.

• @roastincoffee Even without getting dubloons or cosmetics for the task, the challenges are still fun to do! Getting that Marauder's Arch Skeleton Throne on my second shot is still one of my greatest accomplishments in the game. Got to sit up there for 45 minutes waiting for the rest of the alliance hahaha!

I'm always up to sail and be a historical guide if you'd like help working through them as well. It's awesome that you and your son have returned to the seas!

• @nofears-fun

Absolutely! We will sail anytime with you both. The galleon can be slow and is not as nimble as the other ships, but we can deck it out to make everyone envious, fear us, or both. More room to haul loot and have lots of fun together.

• @x-crowheart-x The galleon is my least favorite ship. But the chance to sail with good mates is always worth it.

Views
8 out of 17