Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.5

• @lucascb123 said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.5:

How do you move the Ammo Chest? Am i just stupid or what?

It’s been moved by Rare. Apparently about 1 metre to the left of where it used to be.

• All and all is good but just one awesome thing could happen i know the ammo box has moved but could we at lest get the option to move it around the boat to different locations within reason so that the box doesnt get camped by players as they know where it is on the other boat???

• @lifewcoke sagte in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.5:

@lucascb123 said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.5:

How do you move the Ammo Chest? Am i just stupid or what?

You cannot move it. They moved it for us. It is still fixed in a permanent location.

It is in the exact same position as before. Where is the difference?

• @murkrage said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.5:

@cmm-solo I like the idea of... splitting the players. One fighting for the navy, one fighting against it. It's a great incentive for PvP!

There could even be different ways of doing voyages. Navy merchants are simply transporting cargo, but as soon as they do... a pirate will hear about it and can start their pursuit.

Great Scott! Now this is an idea I really like! I implore you to flesh it out on the mega thread associated with the subject. (I don't currently recall the title of said thread) Even if its been suggested it never hurts to reiterate!

• @lucascb123 This guy says it is about 1m to the left of where it used to be. I have not checked it in game, so I am taking his word on it.

@tyburn-ketch said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.5:

It’s been moved by Rare. Apparently about 1 metre to the left of where it used to be.

• @tyburn-ketch what platform are you on? to fix render you have to dial back graffics. i use an X1X and have no issues. Are you using an original xbox or old pc graffics card?

• I was hoping they would fix the not being able to hear your crew mates music issue. Since the last patch I and others have been having this issue.

• @guybrushcrpwood said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.5:

Any word on the Microsoft Family Share bug that's been repeatedly reported?

I'm still waiting for this fix also.

• @bola-satanica Might want to check here, I posted a thread about Microsofts feedback on it. https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/55526/family-share-issue-resolved-by-microsoft

• @khaleesibot said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.5:

@aenima123 said in Patch Notes - 1.0.5:

Reload! - Adjusted position of the Ammo Crates on both ships, so they are easier to interact with.

Finally !

We almost called it, "We Listened".

I’m sorry if this offends you but this response made me quit the game today.. take a little pride in your game and listen to the community that supports you. Almost straight disprespect in your post I’m ashamed of you.

• @ricklames02 said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.5:

@khaleesibot said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.5:

@aenima123 said in Patch Notes - 1.0.5:

Reload! - Adjusted position of the Ammo Crates on both ships, so they are easier to interact with.

Finally !

We almost called it, "We Listened".

I’m sorry if this offends you but this response made me quit the game today.. take a little pride in your game and listen to the community that supports you. Almost straight disprespect in your post I’m ashamed of you.

Rick I don't think he meant any disrespect. I found it funny not insulting.

Zeffin

• Awesome update! Lots of fixes in this one, surely were getting amped up for "The Big One!" Love the new ammo location, we will surely all miss the flying ships.

• Fixed a potential client deadlock when encountering a networking error.

Can anybody elaborate on this 'deadlock'? I have been having an issue with my PC completely locking up while playing SoT. It didn't seem like a software issue (screen goes white and sound locks until I manually power off) so I have been troubleshooting hardware for a couple weeks with no luck. Is this the 'deadlock' that is being referenced here?

• @khaleesibot "You Can Always Trust The Untrustworthy" achievement can now be unlocked.

So does this mean that if we already completed the achievement it will unlock or do we have to do it again?

• @crookeddealer00 said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.5:

@tyburn-ketch what platform are you on? to fix render you have to dial back graffics. i use an X1X and have no issues. Are you using an original xbox or old pc graffics card?

My graphics card is a 970. Not that old but not that new. I run all graphics on rare settings. I’ve also tested it on lowest settings. It worked flawlessly at launch. The render distance affects both platforms. It got nerfed in patch 1.0.1.

Thank you for your suggestion but I don’t believe it’s hardware related. It also seems to be not just me with this issue.

May I ask at what distance you see animals render in? Through the spyglass? I bet it’s not just after the trees “pop” into focus when approaching an island - as it was at launch.

• Weekly deployment!

Rare - you have truly mastered the third way :)

Keep up the good work.

• Great stuff and I'm pretty excited for the conquistador-looking outfit. Really loving that my weapons are being saved between matches, big quality of life stuff, that. :)

• "Hey guys! Remember how we put that note on the Ferry of the Damned that told you how to scuttle your ship in the event you were being spawn killed? Well we rewrote it so it was more clear on how to scuttle your ship if you're in a bad situation. We hope people will now clearly understand how to scuttle their ship."

-Rare, in response to people crying about griefing

That update made me chuckle like mad. 10/10 Rare!

And I'm happy to see the armor make it back to the game. Does it come in green trim?

• I'm over 2GB downloading this patch. must be a bug?

• The ammo box on the sloop is in a much better spot, but the galleon... Oh my goodness is it terrible. It actually takes longer to reach it now and you still have the risk of hitting the armory. It needed to be moved to the corner to the right of the armory, when facing the stern behind the stairs.

• @oni2anza said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.5:

So... you are finally adding ship and clothing customization that have been in the game since Beta? The "sea of tease" picture with the new sails is a joke to those who have been playing the game for a while... I'm guessing the shark figurehead, black ship, and shark teeth sails are coming too??? C'mon Rare. Did you actually create any NEW content?

There are lots of people who haven't seen any of that, to them it is a tease.

• Awesome job on fixing the audio issue and moving ammo box idea. Thank you :)

• @khaleesibot said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.5:

#SeaofTease

alt text

Aw sweet! Now we can fight for Nilfgaard!

• should no longer skip the Tutorial.

Tutorial?

• Thanks for the progress report...

The wonderful concept of a game I s getting better each week.

Appreciate all efforts.

• @x1-two Not quite, piracy was quite rampant throughout 1500s-1830s, though their popularity was mostly from 1660s - 1730s when they were most infamous. While maybe existing in the infancy of piracy, conquistadors were very much alive alongside pirates. Then again, I'm not quite sure what falls into the category of classic pirates.

• I knew there was gonna be a Conquistador-styled outfit! If you look in shops, you can see some objects that aren't in the game (i.e. Conquistador helmet in the clothing shop in- I think -Galleon's Grave).

• @navarita well what do you want

• @khaleesibot is it possible for someone at RARE to mention what is killing our frame rates on PC after patch 1.0.4? It's still present in this patch. There is a thread about it, but no answer. What was changed to bring us all from a stable 60fps into the 30s-40s in certain areas? There is nothing mentioned in the patch notes. Anyone? It's kinda killing the experience as it doesn't look any better. I can't imagine after 1.0.4 someone needs a $600 video card just to play this game at legendary settings @1080p/60fps?

1.0.4 destroyed framerate

• Finally, some progress!

EDIT: Now you just have to add fishing into the game. It IS "Sea" of Thieves after all.

• "Resolved issue where players could hear repeating audio SFX."

Does this include the anchor sound glitch? If so, it's not fixed, encountered it tonight.

• When is the promised update to make ship type independent from player count?

• It doesn’t seem that the pocket watch bug is fixed, mine showed up just fine but my freind’s didn’t.

• Lazybearded while in the middle of a fight at skull fort, lost one crew mate, then another, then myself - we were hardly ‘inactive’.

No server hopping, no camping, playing as intended. Fought off two sloops on the way there, halfway thru waves - lazybearded.

Took the wind right out of my sails - but onto the next!

Views
169 out of 209