Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.5

• @sshteeve said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.5:

I've noticed it more this week - pointing out a wreck to a mate who simply cannot see the birds circling above, only to move his spyglass up a fraction and they pop in!

I experience the same issues. My mates on PC generally see shipwrecks way ahead of me. I know, I am a console peasant...

• @lt-swag-johnson
    Shouldn't be an issue though. Developed for cross-platform. Should work. Sure they will fix it they have already made changes.

• Where is the tease? Showing stuff, we got shown in every second beta video is not a tease anymore. Or can we buy after the next patch the ship skins, we got already in the closed beta to play with? Great!

• @noruas said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.5:

@oni2anza said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.5:

So... you are finally adding ship and clothing customization that have been in the game since Beta? The "sea of tease" picture with the new sails is a joke to those who have been playing the game for a while... I'm guessing the shark figurehead, black ship, and shark teeth sails are coming too??? C'mon Rare. Did you actually create any NEW content?

exactly!

Just being honest. I'll keep my expectations low for the content "tease" of the patch notes. I'm happy they are addressing feedback and making fixes.

• Was just doing a skullfort about 2 hours after the server came back online. And we all had to kill ourselves because the skeleton wave would not respond like before. Please look into this

• Ok, so they don't talk about the modification they do on the speed of the canon or why they choose to put Athena's reputation behind the three basics one ?

• @ergocb said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.5:

Ok, so they don't talk about the modification they do on the speed of the canon or why they choose to put Athena's reputation behind the three basics one ?

Athena’s Rep has been answered. It won’t be on the 1st page after next patch. Page 3 of this thread.

• @sonicbobjr said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.5:

@captainflintkin said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.5:

W*F why did u put athena's faction on the first page I am not legend yet and now i have to go to the second page to check my merchant alliance lvl.

Hey @CaptainFlintkin, we'll hold our hands up on this one! We didn't plan for this to rearrange the company order for players who had not yet reached Pirate Legend status.
    We've seen the feedback here and on reddit and will be removing this change in our next patch.
    Thanks for keeping us on our toes, i can see how this is regression is frustrating - We'll sort it.

• @navarita said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.5:

No mention of any kind of PvPvE balance whatsoever

alt text

Because there is no need its working as intended.

• Here is to hoping I dont have weird rope texture glitches with my vega 56..... maybe this will be the patch :(

• nice one on fixing the bug where binding map wheel to F causes game to crash. Oh wait you didn't.

• and the rope glitches are still present #tears #supportmycard #vega56

• Still no invite-only crew option? RIP ;-;

• Please prioritize the game not scaling properly to screen size or allow us to define custom screen edges. Part of my screen has been cut-off since launch.

• @khaleesibot great to hear works are still going on, thanks for the update!

Looking forward to seeing what you provide us in terms of customisation!

• Why don't we see antything about to decrease of rare items that drop in the game? Skull forts now have way less loot then they used to, with this patch there are not even close as many vilinious skulls as before the patch.

• @musicmee What I want to know is where are the lady's off the shoulder top and corset ensembles? Seems you blokes are getting all the good stuff. Besides, my bum will look big in those trousers :P

• MmM that #SeaofTease though.

• Glad you got the two weapon slot fix in. It will be nice not to kill myself at the start of every session.

Zeffin

• Please fix the following Issues as soon as possible:

• Players are unable to pick up items when they are sinking. (If the player dies and the items starts sinking, players are unable to pick it up causing items to despawn)

• Micro Stutters: These happen when Opening the Item menu wheel, Voyage menu wheel, Proposing voyages, Voting for voyages, Getting hit my skeletons, Shooting your weapon, Turning in items, completing a voyage, Opening the costumisation crates.

Please lets get Rare to notice these issues so they can get fixed as soon as possible!

Thank you for your time readig this.

Sincerely
    WalkieJVC

• Still waiting for an option for players who only want to enjoy the PvE content without getting chased for hours and inevitably sank by toxic players online. Private servers would be nice, but I would even settle for the ability to play offline solo.

• Thanks very much for keeping us in touch

• @falk-van-cleef said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.5:

Fantastic! Moving on with patches in this speed and in 2-3 years everything is fixed... Great!

Is it a bug or feature that every skeleton needs 5 hits with the cutlass, can can eat bananas when it is hit and is it normal that playing solo 15 skeletons spawn in three waves, when digging up 1 seafarers chest (this guy had many friends back as he lived...) and if I kill my self all are despawned. Whats about the aimbot skeletons with hit throw out everything, like ships and rocks...
    What's about changing weapon skins?
    What's about private lobbies?
    What's about chests spawning on top of each other?

What's about the c**p payout for the voyages? I am currently 44/35/45 and sailing around for seafares chests which gives close to zero reputation is not: Make your own fun with friend. But more wasting my lifetime in bad designed video game...

Mad bruh? Maybe you should go see someone about that.

• @comradecoyote said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.5:

Still waiting for an option for players who only want to enjoy the PvE content without getting chased for hours and inevitably sank by toxic players online. Private servers would be nice, but I would even settle for the ability to play offline solo.

Sounds lonely, depressing and boring. It's pretty simple to avoid conflict and complete voyages solo. Try learning the strat.

• #seaoftears

• No longer able to see game version number on xbox one. No new content...still not playing this boring sail simulator until they add something actually fun to do. PeAce.

• Nice, finally. This should have been the day one patch. It's embarrassing it took a month to fix these issues.

• @comradecoyote I hope that doesn't go through then getting pirate legend would mean nothing. plus PVE without PVP is so boring xD

• Guys, is the drawing distance for animals, barrels and all that stuff is any better or still super weak ?

• @xbluntxrampagex it mentions a fix for sounds repeating so I would guess so.

• Thank you very much for the regular news, I appreciate that you tell us the content of the changes. :)

• Great update, especially the ammo box move.

It would seem that you have fixed the glitch on the sloop where you go through the ship on the starboard side to the ladder! I don't see it listed in the notes, but think it should do as its used strategically to avoid incoming sea dogs!

If I've missed it, disregard.

Again keep up the good work!

• Looking forward to this one! Sounds like a lot of work.
    Thank you Rare team!

• How do you move the Ammo Chest? Am i just stupid or what?

• @lucascb123 said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.5:

How do you move the Ammo Chest? Am i just stupid or what?

You cannot move it. They moved it for us. It is still fixed in a permanent location.

Views
139 out of 209