Tips for solo ghost fleets!

• Ok so here is what ive found works well fighting the ghost fleet as a solo.
    Feel free to add to this!

1. Sail straight and true.
      While fighting skelly ships its tempting to full right lock and know the gally will mimic your moves. Ghost fleets dont.

I find if I turn around a ship only during my firing run on the cannons (to keep the cannons on target) and sail in a straight line the rest of the time, you wont get overwhelmed during your repairs.

Its ok to turn her straight and repair then return.

1. Ghost in the water likely means a storage crate with 30 planks and 30 cannonballs. Collect them all with your grapple and you will likely leave with more supplies than you came with!

2. 3 shots kills a ghost.
      Unless its the “boss”

Killing the boss ends the voyage and kills them all.

I usually kill most ghosts first then kill the boss as each normal ghost ship can potentially spawn a storage crate with resources. Not all, but theres a chance one of them might. All the easier to rinse and repeat.

1. Watch for kegs, dont sail directly behind

2. Dont chase gally. Focus on the ones coming towards you as they will always disappear and reappear in new positions. Its far quicker to kill the ones coming for you than chase the ones running away as eventually they will astral warp near you anyways. Use their position against them and circle around and let of a volley of shots, straighten up then repair and repeat.

6)Dont panic. Keep calm and you will perform better.

1. Dont waste planks repairing anchor. Its likely gonna be hit again. So repair it when you finish, you dont need it.

2. All ammo hurts it. If you have no need for the other ammo types then conserve your precious cannonballs as blundershot, chain, flame all work against the ghost ships.

Pets unfortunately do not harm them. My parrot Raziel did no damage and looked somewhat betrayed.

1. Most importantly. Have fun.

Feel free to add!

Safe Seas!

Publicaciones
    Visitas
  • What parrot do you use? Mines a reapers heart and is called Rex, the best parrot to ever Roam the seas!

• @daringclarky

How dare you betray poor Raziel like that; that parrot's been nothing but loyal to you!

In all seriousness, though, good guide! I'd recommend keeping the text in a word document and updating it as you learn new tactics. This would allow you to post an updated version in a month or so.

• @stryps3071tv said in Tips for solo ghost fleets!:

What parrot do you use? Mines a reapers heart and is called Rex, the best parrot to ever Roam the seas!

Blue parakeet with admiral outfit. I too don the admiral.jacket so we match :)

• @limbicfanatic said in Tips for solo ghost fleets!:

@daringclarky

How dare you betray poor Raziel like that; that parrot's been nothing but loyal to you!

In all seriousness, though, good guide! I'd recommend keeping the text in a word document and updating it as you learn new tactics. This would allow you to post an updated version in a month or so.

Thanks mate appreciate the feedback. First time I ever did one of these. :)

• The most important part of doing the fleet solo is understanding that having your sails at half mast to enable greater maneuverability is key. You can cut across the bow of any vessel and never get fired upon.

• @cptnpotbeard yeah that's a really good point.
    On the pirate game Sea Dogs on pc they casually refer to half mast as "battle sails". I can see why now :)

• @daringclarky Yeah I tell my crew when we're on the Gally run out the combat sails. Which for us is Main Mast Completely furled, While fore and aft are at Half mast.

• @cptnpotbeard I love it when people call out on mic using proper terms.
    Love a bit roleplay. Its awesome! You’d be pretty fun to play with.

If you ever need a crewmate send me a message.

Publicaciones
Visitas
1 de 9