Patch Notes Discussion - 1.3.1

• Patch Notes - 1.3.1

Ahoy pirates!

This week's update introduces Cargo Runs to the Sea of Thieves, alongside many fixes and quality of life improvements. Forsaken Shores will continue to run through to our next update, at which point the time-limited cosmetics will no longer be available to earn, but the rest is here to stay!

Updates

• Cargo Runs - These voyages offer an alternative way to climb the ranks of the Merchant Alliance. Obtain a contract, find out who's waiting with the cargo, grab it and go! Don't dawdle or damage the goods if you want the full reward when you reach your destination. The Merchants have standards...

Leap into all new Cargo Runs

• Skeleton Ship Rewards - Skeleton Captain-led ships at the end of ship battles now give four Skeleton Captain Chests and four Skeleton Captain Skulls instead of two each.
    • Rowboat Damage - Increased damage now taken by Rowboats from Gunpowder Barrels.
    • Stuck Rowboats - You can now push Rowboats that are stuck underneath things such as piers.
    • Athena's Fortune Voyages - Cargo Runs are now always included as part of Athena's Fortune voyages.

Fixed Issues

• Rowboats now cast appropriate reflections in water.
    • Rowboats no longer get damaged when detaching from a ship.
    • Player sitting in the middle of the Rowboat can now see players sitting at the back of the Rowboat.
    • Removed overlapping audio when rowing.
    • Damaged Rowboats no longer appear pristine upon returning to them after venturing far away.
    • Rowboats no longer inherit damage decals from other sources (such as damaged ships or shipwrecks) when in close vicinity.
    • Looking as far left/right as possible whilst rowing a Rowboat will no longer result in the camera becoming occasionally unlocked and rotating 360 degrees.
    • When placing larger items on the Rowboat, water splash VFX will no longer occur.
    • Audio when rowing a Rowboat over large distances (especially the squeaking) is now less repetitive.
    • Fixed issue with horizontal water planes being cut off whilst a ship is sinking.
    • Players no longer get permanently drunk when migrating servers whilst holding the Chest of a Thousand Grogs.
    • Players should no longer get an unfinishable riddle quest on Fetcher's Rest.
    • Audio will no longer drop out when climbing the ladder onto a Brigantine.
    • View Gamer Card option under Crew Settings will now respond correctly to a left mouse click.
    • Geysers will no longer appear on top of chests.
    • Flooding at the back of a Sloop will appear visually correct when sinking.
    • The ocean will appear completely black when a Kraken encounter begins.
    • Looking through the scope of an Eye of Reach will no longer trigger the sound effect multiple times.
    • Upon loading into a session, the loading music will now commence as soon as the loading screen appears.
    • Sailing away from your ship on a Rowboat will no longer cause a mermaid to spawn.
    • The ocean will no longer appear separated from the sky when viewing the horizon from within a storm.
    • The glow of the Kraken lantern will no longer appear too bright in HDR.
    • Sail ropes will no longer appear disjointed from the sails when a player returns from the Ferry.
    • There is no longer a gap at the bottom of the volcano on Devil’s Thirst.
    • Collision has been corrected on the Devil’s Thirst volcano so players can no longer fall into the model.
    • Player will no longer temporarily lose access to some ship barrels if their first banana, plank or cannonball of the session is washed up or given to them.
    • Available titles now correctly appear in the clothing shop on Morrow's Peak Outpost.
    • Titles will no longer incorrectly appear on Seaposts.

Known Issues

• Oars can appear to disconnect from the Rowboat along with the player, only visible in third-person.
      We have a fix for this coming in the next update.
    • Migrating servers (indicated by the on-screen riddle) with a message in a bottle or barrel map in your map radial will prevent any in-progress voyages from counting towards Commendation objectives.
      We have a fix for this coming in the next update.
    • Merchant Alliance crates on board a ship that sinks will not float to the surface and cannot be picked up.
      We are working on a fix for this issue.
    • Mermaid Statues have been temporarily disabled due to performance issues.
      Improvements to this are being investigated, and the intention is to re-enable these as soon as possible.

Download size:

Xbox One: 1.37GB
    Xbox One X: 1.37GB
    Windows 10: 502MB

Xbox Installation Instructions can be found here.

PC Installation Instructions can be found here.

Looking For Crew?

Looking for Crew?

Looking for new crewmates? We've got a bunch of places you can visit to seek out like-minded pirates, so sail on over to these official Sea of Thieves hangouts:

Views
  • give me that devils rum!

• @blondagles ... you're not khaleesi o.o

• @blondagles Ahoy matey! Nice to see you posting around these parts :D

Oooooh look at all those bug fixes, man oh man, the team has been busy!

• Woooo! Let's start trading!

https://media.giphy.com/media/65Kcbxzr0T5UQ/giphy.gif

• @blondagles Good patch, looking forwards to having a run or two tonight!

• That's a lot of tweaks and fixes!

• @musicmee said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.3.1:

@blondagles Ahoy matey! Nice to see you posting around these parts :D

Oooooh look at all those bug fixes, man oh man, the team has been busy!

Not just that, but known issues have clear indications of when a fix is coming or that they are working on them! Excellent work Rare, very well done on this one!

• Skeleton Ship Rewards - Skeleton Captain-led ships at the end of ship battles now give four Skeleton Captain Chests and four Skeleton Captain Skulls instead of two each.

Okay, maybe people will do these now. Will be interested to see the metric of how many were completed before/after this change.

Rowboat Damage - Increased damage now taken by Rowboats from Gunpowder Barrels.

No thanks lol. They're so brittle already.

Stuck Rowboats - You can now push Rowboats that are stuck underneath things such as piers.

Can we get the ability to push them in a way that rotates them (i.e. push the back so the front moves left/right)? Have had a couple stuck behind rocks when they spawned.

Athena's Fortune Voyages - Cargo Runs are now always included as part of Athena's Fortune voyages.

There goes my cheese lol

• 350 gold per item, 8 items in a run / merch voyage. 2800 gold at max value.

• I miss performance & stability fixes for both the game and server. With the Forsaken Shores I am experiencing more lag, crashes and performance issues than ever before.

I am just concerned the game will become unplayable if these issues keep occuring.

• @sprungnickel427 350 for perfect condition? That seems a little low :/

@Lt-Swag-Johnson I'm sure they will be coming. It's probably difficult to add an entire new region to the map without performance issues. I'm surprised they were able to do it at all.

• No expansion to the devil's roar questline? Wait what? No further cosmetics to tie to the cargo runs? Am I missing something?

Unknown 'known' issues list:

1. smashed bottles of rum appear fixed after alittle while. oh wait lol if you pick them up the graphics change to broken again. wow. then about ten minutes later the graphics turn back to fixed bottles. then if you pick them up again the graphics change to broken again. .... gg pioneers.
    2. cannon reload bug is still in the game. You hear the cannon loading but it doesn't load so you attempt to load it again.... it loads the second time. this bug has been in the game since forever.
    3. Delay in loading contents of barrels graphics when interacting with a barrel to take its contents.
    4. island sometimes doesn't render in as u approach. You have to leave and return for the game to render it properly. This bug is quite unfortunate especially during a Pvp pursuit.
    5. black screen teleport bug is even worse with the rowboat.... if you get it you spawn back at your boat.... i was at morrows peak turning in loot with my rowboat... got black screen when hopping on a rock... and was instantly teleported to old salts atoll on the opposite side of the map.... then my friend tried to get the chest i dropped and was black screen too. GG.. ya'll really didn't think this through.... frustration.. ready for RDR2 so I can move on.
    6. silent repair exploit.. while repairing you can right click and make the repair animation silent... how has this not been fixed yet...
    7. when hopping into the water, your character gets stuck in the terrain causing a pause. this has been in the game for weeks...
    8. after taking the mermaid, you will get the drunken sailor song stuck on your character... all you hear is it repeating over and over again. this bug has been in the game for months and is still not fixed... only way to fix it is to relog... come on rare... seriously.
    9. characters still turn into green skeletons... unable to see cosmetics... have found no way to clear this off.. sometimes its fixed after death.
    10. ship shot us with anchor cursed cannonball. sound of anchor heard dropping but our anchor was up entire time.. just heard the sound as if it dropped.
    11. infinite black loading screen is still in the game. sigh.. why do i even bother making this list anymore.
    12. geysers still spawn on chests.
    13. when bucketing water out of ur ship, ur bucket never empties. It contains water no matter how many times u do the empty command.. GG sunk sloop
    14. Immortal sloop bug.. sloop has holes in hull but doesn't sink, even when new holes are introduced... saw this on a stream. after server transfer....
    15. skeleton ships are glitched.
    16. Unable to speak in game after server transfer.
    17. Wind graphics disappearing. death cures this
    18. Order of Souls drum beat from island stuck on loop after leaving island. death cures this.
    1. Unable to pickup cargo from Mavis at Golden sands.
    1. unable to store cursed cannonballs in sloop barrels.
  • Not mentioned but I’m seeing more cursed canonballs than before. It feels like it’s right back up to the level seen during the cursed canonball event. Not happy in the slightest by this unless what I’m experience is a rare occurrence.

Found multiple stacks of CCBs from the outpost I spawn in. Logged out and spawned back into a separate game. Same deal. As some one who isn’t the biggest fan of their inclusion I was more than happy with their availability prior to today’s update.

• @xcalypt0x said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.3.1:

@Lt-Swag-Johnson I'm sure they will be coming. It's probably difficult to add an entire new region to the map without performance issues. I'm surprised they were able to do it at all.

Agreed, that's why it surprises me most that they decided to release the Devil's Roar without the Cargo Runs. It feels like they should've postponed the idea of expanding the map.

Anyway, keep up the good work, RARE! Hopefully my game won't crash or get kicked from the server while I test this amazing update tonight.

• @sshteeve they are missing alot of known issues on their list. Or.mayhe they are still unknown because they aren't communicating with the sot support page.

• @treefittymonsta there's also plenty down there as being fixed or working on.

• @treefittymonsta That's why we all need to report bugs even if we think Rare is already aware.

I took a video of the old cannon bug 2 days ago where I launched straight up. It's supposed to be fixed, and I haven't had it happen nearly as much, but I have evidence it's still around. I will be raising a ticket after work today.

• Thanks for posting, but does this confirm that the Forsaken Alliance chain is not coming as a cosmetic option for us bare-chested S&M pirates?

@treefittymonsta That's why we all need to report bugs even if we think Rare is already aware.

I took a video of the old cannon bug 2 days ago where I launched straight up. It's supposed to be fixed, and I haven't had it happen nearly as much, but I have evidence it's still around. I will be raising a ticket after work today.

I used to report the bugs but I noticed... I always got the same generic email response. And it never was patched and it never was on the known issue list, so I just gave up. It's just a waste of time to use the bug reporting website IMHO.

@sprungnickel427 350 for perfect condition? That seems a little low :/

yes, 350 gold for perfect, 250 slightly damaged silks and down from there.

• Have new commondations been added? I cannot check myself at the moment. Also are the requirements for the tattoos the same as the ashen set?

• @sprungnickel427 said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.3.1:

350 gold per item?

Lochness monster boss confirmed?

• @boxcar-squidy I too was a little disappointed when all we received was the tattoo set and not the actual glowing chain!
    I also miss the days when my hungering one tattoo lit up to summon meg... That was an awesome event!

• 350 Rum,
    350 Cloth,

Didnt get my hands on the plants. can someone confirm it price?

guessing 700 each for DR cargo runs.

• @treefittymonsta Yeah those incidents are unfortunate. It's always more encouraging when it feels like the support staff are listening.

@SprungNickel427 Hmm, I feel like those numbers could be upped but I'll have to play a good bit in order to form an actual opinion.

• So there's an issue that might come up with the Ferry of the Damned that might come up in the new Festival of the Damned event that I don't see talked about in many places. If you play music on the FOTD in one place long enough, it will get stuck and continue playing, regardless of player interference. Simply put, if I play a shanty long enough by the door, like Merrick's shanty for example, everyone will hear Merrick's shanty as they approach the door even when I'm no longer there.

If the next update is going to involve the FOTD, I figured you guys should know about this ASAP in case it messes with the code at all.

• @treefittymonsta please! There needs to be another sea creature!

• FYI, I had terrible framerate issues on me Xbox after the patch that required a hard reset.

• And am I the only one who is lost as to what to do?

• @gordy908 said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.3.1:

are the requirements for the tattoos the same as the ashen set?

No, you should get the Forsaken Ashes tattoo by getting the ¨Devils Cartographer¨ Commendation.

• Devils Roar cargo is worth 700 each at max value.

• @omega-131313 aye mate

• I dont know about this but i thin the Cargo run is a total letdown.They told us it would be nice to Make fast Money like it would give really much, and that we can do it along side our normal Quest.
    And now what, 350 each piece without damage and a Timeline? This is not MUCH Gold we still better off with normal Merch runs with Gold Chickens. And with the Timeline we under Time pressure so sailing and do it alongsinde our Missions is not possible as they said.
    Anyone else thinking this way? Im disappointed

Views
12 out of 70