Cannot install on Windows 8?

• Hello there I just bought Sea of Thieves off the Windows store on their website, and when I go to install it will pop up with an error saying:

It looks like you don’t have any applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account.

I tried to look up what could be some fixes to the problem, but it is all fixes for Windows 10. Can anyone help me out with this problem?

Views
  • No. This game is for XBOX One with XBOX play anywhere. So only is compatible with Windows 10. Sorry matey!
    Contact Support here: https://support.seaofthieves.com/hc
    I recommend you to buy a cheap license for Windows 10. I recommend you Kinguin or Instant Gaming to buy cheap licenses.

• @thescoutman91
    i fear you missed a very important detail...The game is only for Xbox AND Windows 10.i fear it won't run on your Windows 8 computer ,no matter what you try...Sorry, Sir.

• Windows 10 only mate. Sorry

• @thescoutman91 said in Cannot install on Windows 8?:

Hello there I just bought Sea of Thieves off the Windows store on their website, and when I go to install it will pop up with an error saying:

It looks like you don’t have any applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account.

I tried to look up what could be some fixes to the problem, but it is all fixes for Windows 10. Can anyone help me out with this problem?

Give this a go... get away from that awful Windows 8 mess you are running ;)

• Very clever! Pirate a windows 10 to be able to play a pirate game! I love it!

• Thank you for all the help guys! I'll see if I can get Windows 10 at some point. Appreciate it!

• @beanmariocow Currently, you can legally run Windows 10 without a license - you just lose some cosmetic functionality after a time (can't change desktop background) and, I think you get a watermark. But, it works... and it's free... and it's perfectly legal.

• @bran-the-ent Yeah, I forgot! That's true.

Views
1 out of 9