AFK Rubber Band Pirates

• I'm sure most people reading this have come across a few of these pathetic players that decide to go AFK and slap a rubber band onto their controller to ensure they get all the rewards without doing any of the work.

I'm starting to really get tired of these kind of players and honestly think that Rare should be banning/suspending them, as well as implementing a system where if a crew comes across a player like this, there would be an option "Check for Activity" which requires the player to get back to the ship within a period of time and complete a small task, say pressing E as you would on a voyage [PC]. If the player does not complete said task, then they should immediately be removed from your crew.

Anyways here's a AFK Pirate Legend I came across today. He went AFK for 80% of our Athena Voyage.

[ Mod Edit - Removed video link ]

Views
  • I've seen a lot of AFKers in my time playing SoT. Some will even enter into an emote then rubber band the controller. I once played an entire session with one person asleep on the ferry of the damned. But I agree with @DrBullhammer here in that there's no use naming them here. Reporting them to Xbox/Rare seems to be the only option we have so far. Take a screenshot or clip of the inactivity including the players gametag, then send it in with a report.

Also, the name Rubber Bandits made me chuckle. I'll think of that next time I see an AFKer.

• @halvar-the-pale I've actually seen this same gt doing this on the ferry before....

best thing to do is send this vid in with the report

• Callouts on the forums are not allowed. This thread will now be locked.

Witch-hunting and Call-Outs
    Posting gamertags or screenshots of conversations in order to name and shame community members is not allowed on the Forums. If you believe a post or thread violates community standards, please flag it for moderation.

If you believe a player has been toxic in the game, you can report them to Xbox Live here. You can also submit a support ticket to Rare Player Support.

Topics and posts with this content will be locked, deleted and the users involved warned. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Views
3 out of 4