Ok... so there are 30 days in an in-game month... each day lasts 24 minutes in real time - that's 60 game days per 24 hours of real time... so 2 shots per day at each battle given that one real day gives you 2 game months...
Ok... but they are always AT THE SAME TIME in real life...
What if you can only play on an evening, say between 8pm and midnight BST when the kids are in bed? Regardless of weekdays/holidays/weekends.
This update is locked out for me because I can't play between the hours of 1am and 7pm... I doubt I'm the only one either with real life restricting play times. There is not enough shift in the game days to accommodate for the battle timings at all and it means I'll miss the first set of commendations.
This was not good planning on Rare's part I feel and I have to say I'm not all that pleased by it.
Remember as well:
- All servers run the same time and day for server mergers
- The event requires players to run this 12 hour loop 3 times, once per week (assuming your crew can win each battle first attempt)
- You then have to run each battle again in each ship
- You also have to make sure you're in an alliance with the correct sails
- Thats around 48 - 96 hours of play time required over the 3 weeks unless you're REALLY efficient!