Introduced in our Cursed Sails Release 1.2.0 is a new feature called Alliances.
An alliance is when two or more ships have chosen to form a formal alliance by raising one of the Alliance Flags found in the Flag Box in the Crow’s Nest. We've seen lots of discussion about how Alliances work, and the following should help clarify some of those questions!
Joining and Leaving an Alliance
- To initiate an alliance raise the “Offer Alliance” Pennant Flag found in the Flag Box at the top of the Crow’s Nest to signal to another ship(s) that you wish to form an alliance.
- To accept an alliance, you must be in one square map grid distance to accept. If you are in range, you can accept the offer by selecting “Accept Alliance” in the Flag Box.
- Once in an alliance, you can select “Leave Alliance” in the Flag Box at any time to… yep you guessed it, leave the alliance!
Rewards in an Alliance
- When in an alliance, the crew that cashes in the treasure gets a full 100% of the Gold and XP. All other crews in the alliance get a 50% reward of Gold and XP.
- All crews in the alliance will earn progress towards commendations that involve earning gold within a Trading Company when a reward is cashed in.
- One crew will earn progress towards Commendations that have a fixed point of trigger, i.e. The crew that opens a Fort door.
- One crew will earn progress for voyage-based Commendations, i.e. the crew that sails X nautical miles while on a Gold Hoarder voyage.
Important things to note
- Friendly fire is on - So keep a weathered eye on the direction you’re pointing your weapon!
- Crew Chat doesn’t extend to the Alliance - This enables crews to talk individually, whether that’s to plan the next voyage or plot the next mutiny…
- Allied crews show up on your World Map Table - Which equally means rival crews have their alliances show up on their World Map Tables.
- Voyage Sharing - Allied crews can place voyages down on each other’s voyage voting tables for the crew of that ship to vote on. Great if you ally with a Pirate Legend!
- Spawn Distance - If a crew in the alliance is sunk, they will have their ship spawn in closer proximity to the rest of the alliance.
We're looking forward to all your feedback around this feature!
Want more Cursed Sails goodness?
- Release Notes 1.2.0 Discussion - Cursed Sails brings with it a whole host of new and exciting content. Discuss with your fellow pirates in the release note discussion thread.
- Tales from the Sea of Thieves: Cursed Sails - The Tales continue in newly discovered excerpts from Nura the scribe...
- Cursed Sails Voyage Help Thread - Need a hand? Ask a friendly Forum Pirate!
- Cursed Sails Tavern Tales Thread - Have a tale of heroism, bravery or just dumb luck? We want to hear it!
Looking For Crew?
We've got a bunch of places you can visit to seek out like-minded pirates, so sail on over to these official Sea of Thieves hangouts: