Let's head to the outpost!

• What sort of greeting is this?
    I am normally a sloop player, either solo or with my friend. But for the last couple of evenings, we have been sailing on the galleon, using the open option so we can have a couple of extra players join us. Throughout our voyage we were mostly joined by newcomers who on arrival would run to see what we have onboard and then demand a visit to the outpost, often taking control of the wheel to do so, thankfully we can send them to the brig and get them off the wheel so we can continue with our quests etc.
    Whatever happened to Ahoy? Or a gesture?
    It turned out, many people weren't too interested in actually playing the game, only cashing in what we have quickly and leaving again. This experience very much has left a sour taste for allowing random joiners to come and join our game from now on. Which is a shame, because this is the best way for us to meet new people out on the seas.
    I see there are several groups dedicated to finding crewmates. Perhaps this will be an option for us to look into on our next galleon voyage.
    Do any of you use these groups and find good crew mates who pull their weight, or is it blighted with players who also want to join a crew and do as little as possible, and cash in and run?

Views
  • @needsmokes

Get onto Discord!

https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/50600/discord-sea-of-thieve-discord-of-the-all-community-fr-us-de-it-of-sea-of-thieves

Met many friends through there!

• @ravadosh Thank you, i will do that now.

• @needsmokes

You're welcome!

Be warned though, toxic players are found anywhere, be on the lookout for bad attitudes before you embark on a trip with people ;)

• You really should be turning in your loot every chance you get. Never sail with more then 2 chests on board or someone can take them.

• @captcrunchbeard said in Let's head to the outpost!:

You really should be turning in your loot every chance you get. Never sail with more then 2 chests on board or someone can take them.

That's the point mate! It's no fun without a lil' bit of risk involved. Only sailing with 2 chests on board is damn near impossible as well. I did a level 50 Gold Hoarder voyage with a buddy the other night, 6 maps, 1 one of them had 9 chests on a single island. Surely you wouldn't dig up 2, turn them in, then sail back and repeat the process for 9 chests?

• @captcrunchbeard

Never cash in instantly. I want to be able to hold items to taunt pursuing players with, right up to the point where i explode a barrel under their hull.

• @needsmokes
    Try looking in the 'find a crew' section & possibly join one of the many fleets ;)
    https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/category/51/find-a-crew

• @needsmokes
    There's also the Official Sea of Thieves discord -
    https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/38179/introducing-the-verified-sea-of-thieves-discord-server-your-newest-discord-deckhand

• Thanks folks, we shall be setting sail at around 6pm BST this evening for a good 6-8 hour session. I shall try to recruit a couple of players to come and join us both.
    We are both old gamers, im from the UK (xbox)and she is from the USA (pc), we won't be using gamer chat this evening as we both have terrible colds (man flu for me, so much worse) and it doesn't sound too good to listen too.

• @needsmokes dijo en Let's head to the outpost!:

Do any of you use these groups and find good crew mates who pull their weight...?

Definitely, It is easier to win the lottery than to find a good random player.

Views
10 out of 11