The Story of Cluckles, the Magic Chicken!

• Disclaimer! This is a very true story, with some small theatrics to add entertainment value. Do not be fooled however, for Cluckles did exist!

The Story of Cluckles, the Magic Chicken!
    There I was sailing into Plunder outpost with my stack of loot. I had moved my 4 chests to the top deck and was prepared to cash in. As I pulled up to the dock, I saw the most peculiar thing. Floating amidst the surface were 2 captains chests, an empty snake basket and a chicken coupe with a black chicken inside! I could hear the chicken gasping for air, and my first thought was to look around as I was sure it's owner had just sunk. After a quick look around I saw no ship or mermaid, no pirate lunging out of a bush. The chicken, now takings its last breath, called out to me. I jumped in to grab a captains chest, but I stopped and looked at the chicken. I felt bad, so I grabbed him first and took him onto my ship. He seemed relieved that I didn't let him drown. I continued to grab the other 2 baskets and chests, putting them on my ship to move closer to the old goals hoarders guy before selling. After the last chest was placed I took a step back and looked at the black chicken and not meaning to, I had surrounded him with captains chests and various oddities for sale.

What happened next I can neither explain, nor would I suggest it, but I got the urge to gather more treasure to surround this chicken. I had decided this chicken was lucky. It was time to give my feathered friend a name. It only took a second to decide in my mind, Cluckles! Yes, Cluckles would be perfect. I still do not know why I decided against selling my things but there I was setting sail. I placed down a new voyage, sailing alone always made that part easy as I only needed my vote to get things moving. The voyage was confirmed and what did I get? Booty Isle just south of me, a treasure map with 5 X's and this was only part one! So south I go and in no time I reached my island destination. First chest, captains! Second chest, Marauder. Third and fourth chest, Grog chests! Final chest, Captains again!!! Now I go back to my boat and even more chests are surrounding my new best friend Cluckles. Part two launches of my voyage and can you guess what it was? Chicken Isle for 5 more X's AND Castaway Isle with 4 X's and Part Two! To sum things up, I got one more Grog chest, 5 more captains, 2 marauder and one seafarer. In between the two islands I also ran into a shipwreck close to the surface, you know, the ones where there is air inside still in one end. I got 2 villainous skulls, another seafarer and a box of fine sugar! Then Part 3 also known as the Final Chapter launched. I was less fortunate here as it was Crook's Hollow for a riddle and Devil's Ridge for 3 X's. Still off I went. By the time I was done with this voyage I had more treasure than ever in my life. I also had it all sitting open on my deck. I never ran into or even saw another sail the whole time and I made 25,000 gold by myself!

At the end of the night, I couldn't bring myself to sell poor Cluckles. He had been such a good friend to me. I wanted to take him back where it all began so even though I sold my chests and items at Ancient Spire Outpost, I sailed back to Plunder Outpost to set him down. At first, I sat him by the merchant but then I got worried someone might just sell him. Then, I debated putting him in the water and logging off really quickly but what if he drowned! So I settled on taking him into the Tavern and leaving him on a table by a mug of Grog.

The thing to remember about this story, is that it is true, and if you find a caged black chicken good things may come to you. Remember the tale of Cluckles, and keep a weathered eye for him as you sail. He brings good luck and fortune and his magic is worthy of tale!

Views
  • @xxxrookxxx I loved your story about Chuckles, the lucky chicken.

Thank you for that

• Loved it!
    I've taken to leaving one bit of treasure from every haul on the dock somewhere, mixed in with the scenery. If you see a chest nestled into the merchant's stall, or a skull resting on a barrel, your welcome!

• @xxxrookxxx Haha great tale!

• @captain-arcanic Huh, that explains why I found a Marauder's Chest sitting on the Ship Wrights table at one point, guess that was you =P
    I was very confused as to why it was there, as it was nowhere near the guy you needed to sell it to =P

• @xxxrookxxx Yay for Cluckles! Good story!

• @danish-crusader sagte in The Story of Cluckles, the Magic Chicken!:

@captain-arcanic Huh, that explains why I found a Marauder's Chest sitting on the Ship Wrights table at one point, guess that was you =P
    I was very confused as to why it was there, as it was nowhere near the guy you needed to sell it to =P

OMG. Somebody may have given Cluckles his/her freedom... or worse, to the tavern's cook :D

• @xxxrookxxx

Don't listen to this heathen... He's simply out to confuse and obfuscate the truth!

https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/55062/pluma-et-domus-aurea-the-house-of-the-golden-feather

• Jolly good tale, thanks ta ya me matey.

• @xxxrookxxx Brilliant read... I'm starting to think these chickens might be a bit... you know... magical?

• This is a fantastic story haha. I will keep an eye out!

• @blooddoll22 said in The Story of Cluckles, the Magic Chicken!:

@xxxrookxxx

Don't listen to this heathen... He's simply out to confuse and obfuscate the truth!

https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/55062/pluma-et-domus-aurea-the-house-of-the-golden-feather

Haha so it’s the Gold chickens Versus the Black Chikens?! I assure you, gold may be somewhat lucky but there are 10000s. There will always and forever only be one Cluckles!

Views
11 out of 12