Content Suggestion: forming Armadas for scripted missions

• I have a suggestion for expanding SOT content. The option to form an Armada to engage a scripted naval battle mission. Here is how it would work....

Armada missions will be bought and voted on much likeVoyages. Once voted on by a crew, the mission directs the crew to sail to nearest outpost. where a "post" or public online prompt shows up to all players on server inviting crews to join an armada. Once other crews (ships) except the invite they too are directed to sail to the same outpost. Once all ships (maybe up to 4 ships) have accepted and rendezvous at the outpost, a fleet of Empire Merchant ships carrying a variety of treasure and goods appear on the armada's map. The armada then co-ordinates a plan of attack and sails to intercept the armed merchant ships. There, players have options of attack. either, sink the ship through a battle and retrieve the treasure as it floats to the surface, or board the ship, fight AI sailors and steal the loot. The loot can be sold at outposts and all cash value is divided among the crew members in the Armada. This I think will bring great action missions to SOT. What do y'all think?

Views
  • This sounds pretty great, honestly. Supposedly though, Rare will never implement npc ships. I really don't know how that ever sounded like a good idea to someone, but that's what I read.

It might also be interesting to allow players to take voyages to defend the merchants in the same scenario.

Views
1 out of 2