More Maintenance?!?!?

• Look, I get this is still a game that has yet to even break out of it first month of being on the market, but more maintenance??? REALLY?!?!? I work late, until 4:30 a.m. (est) and this is the second time i've been playing for 30 mins and my session get interrupted. I'd love to stay up and play 5 hours from now, when this maintenance is finished. But I have a job, you know? The thing I go to for 10 hrs a day so i can buy videogames?. This game is truly amazing, its not only loads of fun, but also innovative and a visual treat. As a fan of pirate lore and related topics, this is the game i've been waiting on for years. But this is a huge turn off. I didn't pay $60 to own a game I cant even play.

Views
  • @cyanidegod1229 Don't be salty, keep calm, mate.

• Yup.

• They are implementing private servers so we can start enjoying the game without all the cockwombles.

• Yup was announced ages ago literally everywhere. This forum was once of the places. Stop greeting like a wee lassie.

• It really doesn't matter when this maintenance is carried out, somebody somewhere in the world will be put out and unable to play for a few hours. BIG DEAL, theres always tomorrow and the next day and the next and so on. The sooner the better I would say. Please just be happy that RARE are busting their backsides and actively making the game a better, more stable and more reliable experience for everyone else that paid their $100.00 AU.
    I can only imagine you complaining you are unable to play if this necessary work was not carried out or took weeks to be implemented like some other games in recent history.
    smh

• @welshvlad where? I can't find a post about it other than someone suggesting it

• @welshvlad said in More Maintenance?!?!?:

They are implementing private servers so we can start enjoying the game without all the cockwombles.

Really hope not...only yourself on a server would be too easy mode. Om guessing you cant then take your pirate with progression to the public ones?

• Sorry thats sarcasm on my behalf
    This game desperately needs the option of private groups.
    Its not happening today as far as im aware.
    Why should idiots ruin everyones game because they are bored not enough content etc etc.

Invite only private server option would mean we could play with family. (some of us have kids who love pirates).
    Also this is a game where you can sail around collecting cute animals (obviously geard at kids not hardcore face ripping, ear eating pirates).
    only for some bell ends to turn up and sink your ship for lolz.

• @pir4te-roberts said in More Maintenance?!?!?:

@welshvlad said in More Maintenance?!?!?:

They are implementing private servers so we can start enjoying the game without all the cockwombles.

Really hope not...only yourself on a server would be too easy mode. Om guessing you cant then take your pirate with progression to the public ones?

@pir4te-roberts said in More Maintenance?!?!?:

Who cares a out progression when its all cosmetic?

Really. But If the uber elitist pvp look at my stripy ship/sails crowd are upset because they feel cheated out of something that they think others got to easily. That will be p****d. All over by microtransactions when they come anyway.

• @krugath www.Seaofthieves.com/status gives you updates on how services are running also lists upcoming downtime. Hope that helps for planning your future sessions.

• @ecljpse oh I've managed my sessions fine.. this maintenance is happening at 3am my time so a normal person would be in bed... I just couldn't find anything about the private servers (which I think is a bad idea)

• @welshvlad said in More Maintenance?!?!?:

Really. But If the uber elitist pvp look at my stripy ship/sails crowd are upset because they feel cheated out of something that they think others got to easily. That will be p****d. All over by microtransactions when they come anyway.

Without any risk i cannot imagine how bored people would be. Its ALL about the threat or percieved threat while adventuring. It would be a little annoying to find people who unlocked everything on official servers who got it in easy mode privately. Keep the servers seperate. Maybe on the private servers just have a button u press on the bar in the starter tavern that announces " you win!" You never even need risk leaving the tavern and u unlocked everything.

• @pir4te-roberts said in More Maintenance?!?!?:

Without any risk i cannot imagine how bored people would be. Its ALL about the threat or percieved threat while adventuring. It would be a little annoying to find people who unlocked everything on official servers who got it in easy mode privately. Keep the servers seperate. Maybe on the private servers just have a button u press on the bar in the starter tavern that announces " you win!" You never even need risk leaving the tavern and u unlocked everything.

Sounds a bit childish that comment.
    Give people options not to play with children is what i say.

• https://www.seaofthieves.com/fr/news/launch-status-update this is why there is a update ^^

Views
1 out of 15