Game crashes "randomly" when in-game.

• Im on xb1, I always get kicked randomly. Its always a failure related to connection, however my connection is great, my gear up to date.
    This is the only game this happens with.
    It can be thirty minutes to an hour. Very rarely do I see three hours without a kick. No ides why, but everyday i get kicked

• I have this issue as well when playing with my two kids. I am family sharing from my account so they can play the game with me on two PCs in the house. Their game will crash to desktop randomly with no error message/code, however mine works fine (on PC too).

However, I was able to play yesterday with one of my children and had no crashes at all. It seems to affect us when all three of us are playing at the same time.

• @jibbaxjabba said in Game crashes "randomly" when in-game.:

@muharai I am having somewhat the same problem. Only my entire computer shuts down and restarts while in-game. I'll be fine for about an hour and then without warning everything goes black and my computer restarts. Never had this problem with any other game. Too scared to play now because I don't want to lose missions or chests or be in the middle of a fight and have the game crash my computer.

I too have this almost every time I play SoT. Only my computer just shuts down, doesn't restart. At first I thought there may have been a millisecond power outage but no. It's now happened three times this week and I've only played SoT four times this week. Each time it happens is during SoT.

The first time it happened we were within swimming distance from an outpost after doing a skull fort. Thankfully my crew waited for what seemed an eternity for me to rejoin them but alas they had just cashed in the stronghold chest and skull when they heard my pleas over the mic as the game was still loading.
    I was so surprised and overwhelmed to see such solidarity between 4 randoms.

I was kicked yesterday from a skull fort (PC stayed on this time) and when I rejoined my crew my radial dial wouldn't work so I couldn't eat bananas, etc. Not the best place to have that happen. lol

• 0_1523972148733_Képkivágás.PNG Look guys, they just deleted my support request with this issue after 20 days. This is rubbish...

• @muharai
    They closed mine too, so I reopened it again :(
    I started doubting that the entire support team are all chatbot or AI or something like that because all replies I got from them are completely useless and do not make sense repeating the same answer.
    I have no idea what to do any more with them other than being patient.

• mine doesn't crash to desktop, it just crashes my entire PC. and it's a GOOD PC.

• I confirmed that I still have crash issue with the latest patch of 1.0.4.
    This is a good example where you can see the concept/game design itself is good but the quality of software and its support team f**k everything up.

• I submitted a ticket and they closed it with this response. Seems like they are aware and working on it. Hopefully they resolve it soon!

Ahoy there,

Our Test team is aware of this issue and are working on a solution regarding Family Sharing. We hope to resolve this in a future update but can't provide an ETA, please keep checking official website and social media channels for possible announcements.

Thank you for your report and for your patience.

Regards,
    Sea of Thieves – Player Support

• @kombatroach Ugh. If all they're looking into is family share related issues that just means it's yet again going to be a "fix" that doesn't directly address all the crashing problems. I have never used family share in any way and I've had crashing issues since the final beta.

• @r-muzzy They could be looking into other crashes. I submitted a ticket for family share crashing as that's the only time i've seen crashes (even then, it's my children who crash, my game is fine). Other than those crashes, the game has been stable for me.

• Been running like a dream on my rig. It's a MS X Box1 , 500 gb HD,8G DDR3,
    8 core AMD, 8Gb Flash memory. #PCMasterRace

• I can confirme that I still have crashes with the latest patch

6 Chests gone

For Solo Players irritating

• I have found a possible fix for AMD at least

AMD GPU crash fix

• @fearthebeardig Habe ne Nvidia :-)

• @muharai I have same setup but mine is 860m, I've had the odd crash but on the whole it runs ok. Hope you get it sorted!

• A new patch named 1.0.5 is about to be deployed today after server maintenance and I am happy to test it whether it gunna fix my family share problem or not yet.

The support team is still repeating replying the same thing to my support ticket like a bot.
    And I keep re-open it repeatedly as long as they do so.
    LOL

• I had this now multiple times too, playing on PC. Game just freezes and i have to close it ... thats so annoying when you are on a mission and its lost after the crash... and STILL there is no fix for it? really .... whats going on here Rare ?

Using it with a new set up of Windows 10 and the latest AMD Drivers .... its really time to fix your game technically Rare !

I have also discovered a annoying graphic bug, i will post it in another thread with a video of it.

• Still happening. Lost some very good game sessions due to the bug. Game freezes and after 2-3 secs just closes. Here's info from event viewer (application error):

Faulting application name: SoTGame.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5b06a538
    Faulting module name: SoTGame.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5b06a538
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000000001f33d05
    Faulting process id: 0x14b4
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d3f480bcb1d44d
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SeaofThieves_2.75.9081.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Athena\Binaries\UWP64\SoTGame.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SeaofThieves_2.75.9081.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Athena\Binaries\UWP64\SoTGame.exe
    Report Id: adaa7c7d-7cb5-4fd7-b258-0d45bc242f57
    Faulting package full name: Microsoft.SeaofThieves_2.75.9081.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    Faulting package-relative application ID: AthenaClientShipping

• Xbox player here. The game crashed 4 times on my crew and I. 3 hour playtime

• Same here, I start the game chose a boat a crew and when the loading screen is 10 seconds in the game just closes. no crash report no error message. On a very rare occasion I was able to get past the loading screen and play but then id crash mid game.

Specs:
    Nvidia GTX 1070 Msi fully up to date

You guys have an amazing game with great potential nice mechanics and amazing graphics and multiplayer potential!

But FIX THIS please!!!

• @wantedpizza6987
    XBox One X here, and crashing like crazy. Dashboards out, or just goes to the title screen. My laptop crashes frequently as well. It’s not my connection because our crews crash too.

• Starting to get a lot of random crashes since the last patch. Getting crashes on PC, Xbox One X and the Xbox S.

• @hog-taser Ahoy matey!

Sorry to hear you are having crash issues. This is a known issue which should hopefully be fixed in this weeks patch.

• i have had this same problem on xbox one. I sent a notification into support about it. haven't gotten anything back other then delete the game and re-install..

• luckily i'm not the only one. for the last 6-7 days i was surprised that the game didn't crash at all, i was so glad i could play for hours without crashing.. then after the patch (11/JUL/2018), it started crashing again.. :/ tryied to reset the game from programs and features, but nothing changed

• I think I have found a solution that works, at least for my gtx 880m, first I have reset the game from the application list, then I have downclocked the VGA of ~40mHz. Since the 8xx family is basically a stock-overclocked version of gtx 7xx family, I have thought that maybe to lower frequencies is was more stable, and this actually worked for me.. at least for now :) let me know if it works for you as well.

• I have a GTX1070 with the same issue. I keep crashing at random points during play. I can see there is an error in the event viewer. Opened a support case, just to have it closed as solved, when nothing was fixed. So sad. This is such an awesome game, if I could play long enough to turn in some treasure.

Please fix this!!!!

• I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti, recently updated. Crashes still continues, and it's embarassing now... Lost so many Athena's chest in this way and lot of loots and quest progress. This game isn't playable for pc players. I'm glad I still didn't buy a copy of it

• Game crashes seemingly randomly for me on PC. I've tried multiple 23.xx, 24.xx and 25.xx versions of Nvidia 1070M drivers. Have reset the app, clean reinstalled the app, and formatted Windows various times,. Still crashing.

Eventvwr (copy details as text):
    Log Name: Application
    Source: Application Hang
    Date: 10/21/2018 1:48:25 PM
    Event ID: 1002
    Task Category: (101)
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: DESKTOP-AFIE2GQ
    Description:
    The program SoTGame.exe version 0.0.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
    Process ID: 167c
    Start Time: 01d4696cc23476ee
    Termination Time: 4294967295
    Application Path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SeaofThieves_2.78.5523.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Athena\Binaries\UWP64\SoTGame.exe
    Report Id: 06d7920c-9047-420d-a52e-0b5d18b7a542
    Faulting package full name: Microsoft.SeaofThieves_2.78.5523.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    Faulting package-relative application ID: AthenaClientShipping

Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Hang" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1002</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>101</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-10-21T20:48:25.675839500Z" />
    <EventRecordID>1088</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-AFIE2GQ</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data>SoTGame.exe</Data>
    <Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
    <Data>167c</Data>
    <Data>01d4696cc23476ee</Data>
    <Data>4294967295</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SeaofThieves_2.78.5523.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Athena\Binaries\UWP64\SoTGame.exe</Data>
    <Data>06d7920c-9047-420d-a52e-0b5d18b7a542</Data>
    <Data>Microsoft.SeaofThieves_2.78.5523.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe</Data>
    <Data>AthenaClientShipping</Data>
    <Binary>55006E006B006E006F0077006E0000000000</Binary>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

• As this thread is 7 months old, and was revived recently, it will now be locked. Anyone experiencing issues with the game is encouraged to raise a support ticket so that the team can investigate.

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting threads over one month old is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Views
169 out of 170