HOW I FIXED error 0x80070005 AKA DOWNLOADING FOREVER AND GOT INTO GAME

• Delete all files in C:\Users\User_name\AppData\Local\Packages \Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache, and then reboot your pc.

Edit: it will rescan all your downloaded files in just a few minutes then will let you launch the game.

If this doesn't work for you then you must have an issue elsewhere. Please let me know if this works for you. Fair winds~

Check out my youtube channel at youtube.com/c/iqueyt

Views
  • @iqueyt I am trying this now.

Will let you know whether or not this works for me.

• I'm playing on the XBox - - I'll see what happens tonight. You're the best (still).

• @iqueyt Unfortunately, no luck for me.

Still not working. But thank you for suggesting this.

Enjoy the seven seas.

• @iqueyt just had this error and thought i've lost everything! Thank you!!

• After the 2nd patch there is the same problem your solution helped, THANKS!!!!!

• I didn't have room on C: for the patch so I uninstalled and downloaded to E:. Now I receive the above message when trying to load in to a Gallion's Crew after I see the list of other players on the ship.

Keep up the great work Rare, and thank you for the update videos.

• Just bought this game yesterday, took me just over 20 hours to download (i live in a rural area internets not the greatest) and it's just frozen like this. Ive tried your method and nothing worked. I really dont want to reinstall if anyone has a solution PLEASE help.

0_1522179090921_79f851de-5804-496e-9481-7be9a65a24f0-image.png

• After new update i have this problem, reinstalling curlenty :P

• Works. Good looks

• Doesn't work here after the big patch. -.-

• Hi there, IqueYT!

This worked out for my friend! You are my MAN!

• Best Regards bilbodog

@iqueyt said in HOW I FIXED error 0x80070005 AKA DOWNLOADING FOREVER AND GOT INTO GAME:

Delete all files in C:\Users\User_name\AppData\Local\Packages \Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache, and then reboot your pc.

Edit: it will rescan all your downloaded files in just a few minutes then will let you launch the game.

If this doesn't work for you then you must have an issue elsewhere. Please let me know if this works for you. Fair winds~

• @bilbodog2

Found the address but LocalCache is empty.

• @andarhd I am reinstalling as well. I will update when complete.

• Thank you IqueYT.

This one worked for me .

• @shuhac said in HOW I FIXED error 0x80070005 AKA DOWNLOADING FOREVER AND GOT INTO GAME:

@andarhd I am reinstalling as well. I will update when complete.

Failed after second install. No fix for me yet.

• This actually fixed the issue for me after today's patch, so thank you very much.

• It helped me. Thanks alot!

• @iqueyt said in HOW I FIXED error 0x80070005 AKA DOWNLOADING FOREVER AND GOT INTO GAME:

Delete all files in C:\Users\User_name\AppData\Local\Packages \Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache, and then reboot your pc.

Sadly doesn't work for me...

• This might help someone.

• I've done everythingggg and nothing has worked. Even wiped my entire PC (definitely needed it), and still nothing unfortunately.

• I'm following this discussion, as I'm having the same issue.

Im hypothesising that it's because of the recent Game Pass issue- which Rare have said is sorted (but have said to wait a little longer if the issue persists)

• Hi guys !

I didn't tried this but it seems like you should check for any kinds of Windows update , a small one should apear and fixe this.

Let me know.

• @sir-kush-walker
    My Windows system is installed with the newest update, I reset my Windows Store, cleaned cache, and everything is still the same.

• @nightalk
    Also "Troubleshooter" doesn't work either. So disappointed, but I won't give up trying to fix this weird ERROR.

• Been having this issue all morning. Tried everything in this thread, double and triple checked my Windows Updates. It's just past 7PM PST now, and it said "Up to date. Last Checked Today at 6:36PM PST" but I went ahead and told it to check for updates anyway.

Well what do you know.. there's massive cumulative patch that it just happen to find now, but it didn't find all afternoon. Windows updated, rebooted, and now the game finished its download and installed.

F*S, this was such a PITA.

• I'm running off the trial of game-pass and I too got this error.
    I tried everything here and nothing worked. Then I turned back on the automatic subscription renewal (that had I canceled immediately after signing up because I don't want unexpected forgotten charges..), waited like maybe fifteen minutes a bit as a pre-caution make sure things had time to update my changes, booted up my Windows 10 partition (sorry, not my main OS :P), and that resolved my issue.

• It works now.
    The problem was solved by itself after some time. I guess we had to wait for some time!

• Since we have two pcs, I figured it out... uninstall the game, install the update, reboot, and profit!

• My gods, man! This indeed worked for me. Many thanks!

• @iqueyt AY BOYS, I found out that NOTHING on the appstore installs for me at least, after this update with the same error. This worked for me.

1. Tab on Win+R, to open Run Command.

2. In the dialog box, type services.msc

3. Here locate Windows Store Services, double click to open it.

4. Once done, click on the Start button and check.

• Worked for me :-D

• @godlikeping-0 OH THANKS A LOT , I've been trying so many fixes for like 4 hours for this error, and yours worked ! Thanks again man, really appreciate !

• @iqueyt

The order is important to make this work. First, let the game download all the way to the error message. Do NOT pause or cancel the download after it gives the error. Next, delete everything in LocalCache and LocalState folders and reboot. You should be good to go at that point. I believe the problem people are having is cancelling the install and then deleting/rebooting which does nothing.

Captain BareClawz

• @iqueyt worked for me. many thanks!

Views
1 out of 78