Ruby Viper set multiplatform availability

• I'm creating this post to reach out to anyone who might know whether or not the Ruby Viper weapon set will be usable on PC &/or Xbox.
    Obviously one must pre-order the game on PS5 to acquire the items, but I can't seem to find a definitive answer as to whether these items will be locked to the PS5 console or not.

I personally would feel greatly disappointed if these items were platform-locked. Pre-ordering should warrant access to the items across all platforms, in my opinion.

Views
    question
  • @aionicape The Ruby Viper set is only usable when playing on PS5.

Similarly, Xbox sets like the Duke set are only usable whilst playing on Xbox/PC.

• @aionicape They announced that these were locked to the console and not usable on any other platform.

https://www.seaofthieves.com/news/ps5-faq:

If I’ve played Sea of Thieves before, will my progress/items transfer?

Fear not, Commendation collectors! When linking your PlayStation and Microsoft accounts, any active pirate character becomes playable in the PS5 version of Sea of Thieves. This means that any progress made with that pirate, including Commendations, cosmetics, Twitch Drops and accumulated gold, Doubloons and Ancient Coins, will synchronise across all other platforms linked to that account.

With the exception of a limited selection of designated platform exclusives, all additional cosmetics that players have previously acquired or bought will remain accessible when playing the PlayStation 5 version of Sea of Thieves. This selection is subject to change as cosmetics become available through alternative avenues, and we will keep you all updated as this progresses.

Only cosmetics and items obtained through platform-exclusive offers may not be fully equippable across different devices. For instance, the Duke ship cosmetics linked to the Xbox Series X|S launch won't be usable on PS5. Similarly, items like the Ruby Viper cosmetics or Dauntless Adventurer Closed Beta rewards, exclusive to PlayStation pre-order campaigns, won't be equippable on Xbox or Steam.

• @D3ADST1CK Well, thank you very much for the reply and accurate information.

I'm just... incredibly disappointed.

"My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined" -ReiviewBrah

Views
question
1 out of 4