What Cosmetics Are You Wearing?

• alt text

Whether it's a ship sail, sharpened sword, or pirate hat, there's no denying that Sea of Thieves is heavily geared towards it's cosmetics! Which cosmetics are you wearing? Are there any you're currently saving for? Any you absolutely love or vehemently hate? Have you purchased any premium cosmetics?

I wasn't sure where in the forums to post this so hopefully this works, if not, let me know if there's a better space. I'm fairly active in the unofficial subreddit and I like to post discussion pieces to get the community engaging so I figured I'd share here too.

Personally, my OCD almost always has the goal to collect everything in any game I am playing; that being said, I am slowly making my way through the entirety of the in-game clothing/accessory shop, I've also grabbed a few ship cosmetics and a TON of the ship trinkets.

I was wearing the Hunters clothes when I first started the game, I still really like how they look, that deep red will always be a favorite of mine; and for the ship I was first using the Obsidian stuff that was given out as a Game Pass Ultimate perk.

When I finished the Plunder Pass I switched my ship to that full set and switched to wearing the Prosperous Privateer Dress and Prosperous Privateer Hair. I still LOVE how those ones look and my ship is still rocking that set currently but I decided to change up my character a bit recently since I have been buying the cosmetics.

Currently, I'm wearing a mix of stuff;

Clothing & Accesories

•Ceremonial Admiral Boots
    •Executive Admiral Belt
    •Majestic Sovereign Dress
    •Majestic Sovereign Hat
    •Prosperous Privateer Gloves
    •Makeup of the Gilded Age
    •Long Hair in Pale Blond
    •Tattoo of the Gilded Age
    •Scar of the Gilded Age

Equipment

•Shining Pegasus Banjo
    •Wild Rose Drum
    •Ceremonial Admiral Concertina
    •Grand Admiral Hurdy-Gurdy
    •Imperial Sovereign Bucket
    •Glorious Sea Dog Compass
    •Lowly Merchant Pocket Watch
    •Aristocrat Lantern
    •The Killer Whale Fishing Rod
    •Admiral Shovel
    •Grand Admiral Speaking Trumpet
    •Wild Rose Tankard
    •Aristocrat Spyglass

Ship [Sloop]

•The full set of Sting Tide including the Collectors Figurehead and Collectors Sails

What are you rocking?

Views
    communityjust for fungeneralquestion
  • alt text

The stuff I use that has significance to me

Sloop

Good boy sails/flag
    reason: To me good boy is about fair play, a code of conduct and combat, consenting combat, I also use it to take heat off pvers in some situations that arise, especially now that competition is more a part of the environment post-hg

Killer whale cannons, Merrick's cutlass, shrouded ghost figurehead and Merrick portrait
    reason: respect for the hunt, the prey, the environment, appreciation for the hunter's way of life, freedom

Tattoos and scars
    reason: a canvas of my story, history, loss, survival, sacrifice and significance, purpose

Shamrock tankard
    reason: optimism, hope, belief in a bright horizon, seeking adventure

the rest is just stuff

• @wolfmanbush that's awesome that you have sentimentality and experiences connected to items! I can't wait until I have memories like that!

• @wolfmanbush box of wonderous secrets 👀

• @technicolourss said in What Cosmetics Are You Wearing?:

@wolfmanbush that's awesome that you have sentimentality and experiences connected to items! I can't wait until I have memories like that!

Often the focus becomes the content, what's new, what's on the horizon

for me I've found it an incredible experience to focus on embracing the sandbox to the fullest. The opportunity for character development, storytelling, expression, immersion, individuality of piracy and personality.

It's extraordinary what people can find here, create here, share here. You have all of that ahead of you, your adventures will undoubtedly be unforgettable and rewarding.

• Wreath of Wisdom, Corsair Sea Dog Gloves, Acrobat's Split Dress, OoS Belt, Gold Hoarder's Trousers, Rogue Sea Dog Boots, Purple Skivvies, PL curse from S1 (I didn't do that HG malarkey btw like lvl 5...)

Basic Royal Sea Squirrel FH, Regal Hound Hull ( I was gifted 9 levels of Arena after a data loss weekend...), Sails of Hope (Charity sails for Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity... they were purple bro...), Ancestral Wheel and Cannons, Infinite Depths Cannons, Spring Blossom Capstan, Relic of Darkness flag.

Eh. I don't feel like looking up my weapons.

I have a pet named Cheeky Monkey. I had to appeal for it lol.

Enjoy a clip:

• I like the lucky hand cosmetics that were added today

I'm gonna use the shovel long term and probably the fishing pole as well, Fits well with my shamrock tankard.

Lots of good stuff added today imo

• Kings ransom crown, thousand days eye patch, face paint of the damned, the rest is ''very original'' as it's all DA (yeah I know...did not think of how I want my pirate to look apart from looking piratey, maybe I will sometime soon), guardian curse. Some scar I cant remember, and one of the ashen lords tattoos where your hand has bones tattooed on.

Weapons I tend to change often, usually its the phantom ones from previous season, fate of fortune set, ebon flint lock, soulflame set, reapers heart ones, just like them the most.

Equipment - most of it is either guardian ghost, or the regular ghost, lantern I keep changing quite often.

Ship - golden sailor cannons, golden sailor wheel, fates of fortune hull,sails,figurehead at least at the moment.

• I cant say there is anything of sentiment on my pirate in specific, but my entire goal was to make a character that looks like they could be an iconic pirate on the seas! And considering i have had one person who thought they could sink me without their crew call their ship back on open mic the second they saw my character, and i have had half a dozen people stop attacking for a moment to comment on my look, feel like it does just that!
    alt text

As for my ship, the cosmetics are nothing special, but they are symbolic. I named my ship the silver hound and keep to greys whites and blacks with it, and it is named the silver hound because back in the days of the arena, the goal was to fight for glory, and silver was how they measured your glory in battle! So the name in a semi symbolic way means the glory hunter. And rightly so! I dont care if i lose gold, as long as i had a blast!

• This is my "MAIN" set. I have 15 designs that I sail, but I sail this one 80% of the time. I like the Exploration feel of it all.
    alt text

alt text

As for tools, I tend to like to use entire sets. I currently use the Flaming Jackal set. But my favorite is the good ol' Hunter set.

Views
communityjust for fungeneralquestion
1 out of 10