Small fps

• The essence of the issue is that my PC exceeds the recommended specifications, but the FPS in the open world is mainly 40. I have an i5-7500 and an RTX 3080 Ti with 8 GB of RAM. The recommended specifications are an i5-4690 and a GTX 770. I installed a fresh Windows yesterday and have not installed anything unnecessary. What could be the problem? I am playing on the recommended settings. FPS can reach 70 or higher, but then for some unknown reason, it drops and doesn't rise back up.

Views
  • @man2280 If you have just re installed the windows, have you updated your drivers? Especially the graphic ones?

• Yes, everything is updated, however, the problem is not with that. Before I installed the new Windows, I had the same issues.

• @man2280 And other games are working perfectly fine?

• Yes, everything is fine with the others

• @man2280 Try to weak your graphic settings/resolution. Perhaps that's what is causing the drop. But probably you tried that already as well.

• Yes, there is no big difference between the minimum and maximum

• What worked for me was changing the Power management mode for Sea of thieves from Normal to Prefer maximum performance in Nvidia's Control Panel 3D settings.

• @man2280 Mind if I ask what other games do you play? As it really does not make sense.

I had a similar problem with CSGO about 8 years ago, my laptop was the quality of a potato and would start overheating. This problem was causing the biggest headache in summer when the temperatures where higher. So I would start a game with low resolution and it would be around 70. After the laptop would heat up it would drop to 30-60 or worse and the laptop would start switching itself off. Obviously if I played really old games that required very little resources this wouldn't have been a problem.

• Power consumption mode is irrelevant here, the CPU and GPU do not exceed 60 degrees Celsius. However, temperature does not affect me, whether it's 60 degrees or 90 degrees.

• Regarding the power saving mode, what I meant was that everything is already optimized for energy consumption in my case. I've also tried adjusting the power consumption, but unfortunately, it didn't affect the FPS.

Views
10 out of 11