Farewell...

• With a tear and a smile in my eye, I stopped playing Sea of Thieves a few weeks ago. It's definitely the most fun multiplayer game I've ever played. The interaction with crew members is fantastic, and I will miss many of them.
    Unfortunately, the atmosphere outside of my own crew has become increasingly rotten.
    With decent skill, two situations occur far too often:

• You end up in a duel with hackers and cheaters who have no fear of consequences.
    • Weaker players themselves accuse you of hacking because, in a game without anti-cheat, it's the easiest explanation for them when they have to lose.

It's just not fun anymore.
    It was a good time, but the way things have been going, it's better to leave before the whole thing sinks to the bottom of the sea.
    I wish those who stay better experiences than the ones I've had lately.

I'll stay tuned, and if there's any progress on the cheater front, I might come back.
    Fair winds and good loot.

Views
  • I hope you find rewarding adventure wherever you end up.

I understand and have felt the vibe change around. Personally I think it goes far beyond cheating and has many different factors that have lead to it. Ranging from inconsistent direction to personality/status focus and content which impacts encounters and how people interact with one another.

For people just starting out this game is in a very solid place. More content than ever, more opportunity than ever, unless something changes their entire story will be documented through milestones (which is awesome).

Personally I still just create my own personal adventures and still move on from the unpleasant encounters and cherish the ones that improve my experience. The encounters have changed over time, it's more predictable now for long term players but I still enjoy chasing shrouded ghosts and finding the random interesting pirates from time to time. I also enjoy trying to offer other players an experience that is either pleasant or not socially unpleasant whether peaceful or in combat and try to encourage others that are just starting out or going through obstacles in their adventure, this helps with my motivation to play significantly.

Hopefully you find your way back to the seas in the future.

Views
1 out of 2