Captain Week - starts Thursday 15th June!

• Captain's Week begins this Thursday, June 15th, alongside a cavalcade of Captaincy changes. More crucially, don’t forget you only have until 10am UTC on that day to get to Class 50 in a qualifying Pirate Milestone to secure your Gilded Sovereign Captain's Table!

Details: A new update on Captaincy and Milestone changes

Views
  • I have 4 or 5 Cherished trinkets, several tier below ones. All the ghost cosmetics. Will I get a gold refund?

• @zig-zag-ltu the post doesn’t say anything about it so I wouldn’t expect it. I just haven’t bothered to buy anything since th announcement

• @ninja-naranja Same. Also, this table ain't gonna cut it.

• @zig-zag-ltu nothing will with all the gold we’ve wasted. It’s better than nothing though

• @ninja-naranja We'll make it back eventually, but time and commitment is not respected (Most popular streamers barely even bother with them, I saw Phuzzy finally decorated his ship in his recent video, props to him!)

So the only reasonable thing left to do, is to rob and kill at will. Normally, I would never attack new players, tall talers, etc. But I think it's time to change that as it's more fun to blow things up and no reason to think what's best for the game, if the game robs you first. Argharrararrararr

• @zig-zag-ltu said in Captain Week - starts Thursday 15th June!:

I have 4 or 5 Cherished trinkets, several tier below ones. All the ghost cosmetics. Will I get a gold refund?

There has been zero mention of a refund from any official communications. I don't think players need or should expect one.

Do you have any idea how much data and transactions it would take to refund all that gold, that's provided they were tracking it in the first place.

• @personalc0ffee I don't have any idea why make them so expensive in the first place and then do 180 turn on this decision. I could spend this money on other skins, now it means millions will be wiped from existance. Not cool.

So the only reasonable thing left to do, is to rob and kill at will. Normally, I would never attack new players, tall talers, etc. But I think it's time to change that as it's more fun to blow things up and no reason to think what's best for the game, if the game robs you first. Argharrararrararr

Yes cause new players and tall talers have the amount of gold needed to replace what you spent on trophies. Maybe you're just a jerk.

• @zig-zag-ltu there are more productive ways to funnel that frustration. I don’t think taking it out on others is a good avenue for that

• O hey I get a fancy table. And some cosmetics no one will see because damned if I'm letting you on my boat!

Not complaining, just funny.

• @Schm1dtStorm - Don't hate the player, hate the game. Also I would not agree with jerk, more like a villain or trigger happy, or simply - sociopath. It's not like I am some pro player who doesn't get sunk, we all sometimes bite more than we can chew. What's important is to have a good time doing it.

@ninja-naranja - It's not funneling frustration. It's more of not holding back to have some fun + Free supplies and a sellable captains book.

or simply - sociopath

• @schm1dtstorm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a74Azxb7PY

I have 4 or 5 Cherished trinkets, several tier below ones. All the ghost cosmetics. Will I get a gold refund?

There are 2 ways to look at this:

1, At least future items i buy are now cheaper!

2, I deserve a refund because i didnt have this when i did it!

One of those is not the healthiest way to look at balancing changes to any game. It may not be the best that you probably wont get a refund, but the fact that all trinkets in the future will be cheaper is something you should cherish if there is anything else you intend to get or if new ones are added.

• @goldsmen I'm broke, because of that. I don't hoard gold in the game I spend it on things I like. Loosing millions and getting a table for it is not ideal at all. If players with similar fate would receive the first crew figurehead, some DA cosmetic or similar, yeah fine at least its fair. Anyway, I will wait until the update is out, find out how much I lost and contact support to see if I can get my money back :D

@personalc0ffee I don't have any idea why make them so expensive in the first place and then do 180 turn on this decision. I could spend this money on other skins, now it means millions will be wiped from existance. Not cool.

Data.

@ninja-naranja said in Captain Week - starts Thursday 15th June!:

@zig-zag-ltu there are more productive ways to funnel that frustration. I don’t think taking it out on others is a good avenue for that

No, no it is a definitely not a good avenue for that.

@pithyrumble said in Captain Week - starts Thursday 15th June!:

O hey I get a fancy table. And some cosmetics no one will see because damned if I'm letting you on my boat!

Not complaining, just funny.

I'll find you, we can play banjos together and sip coffees.

@zig-zag-ltu said in Captain Week - starts Thursday 15th June!:

@Schm1dtStorm - Don't hate the player, hate the game. Also I would not agree with jerk, more like a villain or trigger happy, or simply - sociopath. It's not like I am some pro player who doesn't get sunk, we all sometimes bite more than we can chew. What's important is to have a good time doing it.

@ninja-naranja - It's not funneling frustration. It's more of not holding back to have some fun + Free supplies and a sellable captains book.

I agree with Ninja.

@goldsmen said in Captain Week - starts Thursday 15th June!:

There are 2 ways to look at this:

1, At least future items i buy are now cheaper!

2, I deserve a refund because i didnt have this when i did it!

One of those is not the healthiest way to look at balancing changes to any game. It may not be the best that you probably wont get a refund, but the fact that all trinkets in the future will be cheaper is something you should cherish if there is anything else you intend to get or if new ones are added.

Yup, always look for that silver lining.

@goldsmen I'm broke, because of that. I don't hoard gold in the game I spend it on things I like. Loosing millions and getting a table for it is not ideal at all. If players with similar fate would receive the first crew figurehead, some DA cosmetic or similar, yeah fine at least its fair. Anyway, I will wait until the update is out, find out how much I lost and contact support to see if I can get my money back :D

And whom's fault is that?

I can like 500000% guarantee you, you will not be getting any refund. We have NEVER EVER EVER EVER gotten refunds from things that have price changed in this game from Year 1. Contacting support asking/demanding for a non premium currency refund is a waste of everyone's time. I have been playing this game for 5 years. I have seen it time and time again and even fell victim to it.

During Year 1 Cursed Sails there was a Outpost cosmetics "sale" and no one got refunds who bought before the sales.

In order to actually refund you all that gold, they would have to;

1. Have actually logged and maintained record of every gold purchase you've made.
    2. Look up your associated ID number for those transactions and then cross reference them with item id numbers in order to find all the things you bought BEFORE the captaincy changes and then further narrow that down the to the specific things you are requesting a refund for.

The players asking for gold refunds, are asking for too much, IMO.

It is not necessary to get/want/need a refund of gold.

It is limitless, just play the game more and make more.

• @personalc0ffee
    Now in the seas there is violence
    And, and a lots of work to be done
    No place to hang out our washing
    And, and I can't blame all on the sun

Oh no we gonna rock down to electric avenue
    And then we'll take it higher
    Oh we gonna rock down to electric avenue

Workin' so hard like a soldier
    Can't afford a thing on the Seas
    Deep in my heart I am warrior
    Can't get food for them ships

Good God we gonna rock down to electric avenue

Oh no
    Oh no
    Oh no
    Oh no
    Oh no, we gonna rock down to electric avenue
    Oh, we gonna rock down to electric avenue

@personalc0ffee
    Now in the seas there is violence
    And, and a lots of work to be done
    No place to hang out our washing
    And, and I can't blame all on the sun

Oh no we gonna rock down to electric avenue

Workin' so hard like a soldier
    Can't afford a thing on the Seas
    Deep in my heart I am warrior
    Can't get food for them ships

Good God we gonna rock down to electric avenue

Oh no
    Oh no
    Oh no
    Oh no
    Oh no, we gonna rock down to electric avenue
    Oh, we gonna rock down to electric avenue

You've lost me.

• @personalc0ffee P.S. When we played you seemed to be a lot more bloodthirsty towards lesser ships and less experienced pirates.
    Remember when we approached a basically worthless sea fort with a solo slooper doing it? Who was the one trying to stop us from sinking him as its not even a challenge, nor that loot is valuable, huh^^.

Now I am here being lectured about this. :D

I bet (if I had anything to bet with)that on an average day I am a lot more compassionate and understanding towards smaller crews and newer pirates than as an example the guy trying to portray me as a ''jerk''. So my sincere apologies, if I don't take half of this seriously.

Good day mateys, its beautiful outside.

• @zig-zag-ltu Enjoy the outside.

• @personalc0ffee I am at work :/ But looking forward to it this weekend.

P.S. What you wrote about the refund makes sense ( I still don't appreciate the whole thing) and trying won't hurt anybody. But thanks for explaining it.

With the exception of the fish, I have half of all the trinkets with the Cherished Base. Honestly, I don’t want a gold refund and I’m disappointed that they are lowering the price in the first place. I get it that not everyone has been playing for 4 years like I have so I can respect the decision. I simply don’t agree with it.

It is disappointing that all the hard work I have done is essentially for nothing. It wasn’t easy getting my milestones to LV 100. The table isn’t enough of a reward in my opinion. On the plus side, a significant number of my trinkets will now be maxed out once the new levels have been introduced.

• @coffeelight5545 That's true, but it will be a while before I can afford all of them.

Also everyone will get that Table who got certain milestones to level 50, some are really easy.

A lot of players, who got those milestones to level 50 and beyond, did not bother paying THAT MUCH gold for those trinkets, now that they are dirt cheap they just might. Which is good for the game. Like you said, you end up being robbed of hard work. Which is Gold + Time, I would even add exclusivity ^^

Anyway, it's what it is. :P

• @lizalaroo I went to purchase a capitaned sloop today (6/22/23) and found that the discount was removed, when I thought today was the final day of capitans week and would end tomorrow.

Views
1 out of 29