Commendation and Milestone tracker

• (Apologies if this is posted in the wrong place)

During Season 6/7 I set the goal for myself to complete all (realistic) commendations in the game (looking at you 5 Shrouded Ghost kills). To that end, I made a Google Sheet to track my progress so that I could share it with my friends and community. As time went on more people expressed interest in it, but it was still very bare bones so I kept it fairly limited in its sharing capacity. I finally feel that it's at a state where I'm comfortable sharing it with the larger community:

Link to Template

How it works:

• First - make yourself a copy (File - Make a Copy)
    • Next - enter the values of your progress in to the 'Have' field. The 'Goal' and 'Remaining' fields should not be altered, as those are formulaic values.
    • Finally - that's it! You can share your progress with friends, or keep it for yourself.

About this sheet:

• This only tracks non-Tall Tale commendations with non-singular values (commendations like "find this book" are not tracked).
    • Several commendations have links to either Rare Thief guides or SoT wiki sections relevant for more information.
    • Several commendations have hover-over comments, specifically fish. This gives more information on where and how to find them.
    • The Milestone section of this sheet only tracks milestones with trinket rewards

Final notes:

• Ultimately I would have liked some sort of API that could be data scraped to automate this information, but I confirmed with Rare support that this would not be possible at this time. It would be really awesome to have something akin to the World of Warcraft armory where you could share your pirate profile, but the current version appears to be limited to only being able to see your own. An expanded profile page that includes commendations/milestones you are close to completing would be amazing.
    Views
  • You can view all your commendations, milestones, and owned cosmetics from the forums here, if that is what you’re looking for.

• @klutchxking518 I think he's more looking for a way to share this information with other people, which the website doesn't allow for some reason.

• @d3adst1ck said in Commendation and Milestone tracker:

@klutchxking518 I think he's more looking for a way to share this information with other people, which the website doesn't allow for some reason.

Precisely this. You can view only your own, you can't share your progress or status with other people.

• This is really good. Reminds me of one that used to float around on reddit that was this in depth but hasn't been updated in years, well done for this. Would be great if you had a type of overall completion % for each of the sections. For instance I've completed 73% of what merchant alliance has to offer. Least that way it will give those you share it to a simpler overview on where you're at.

• @skadiwu said in Commendation and Milestone tracker:

This is really good. Reminds me of one that used to float around on reddit that was this in depth but hasn't been updated in years, well done for this. Would be great if you had a type of overall completion % for each of the sections. For instance I've completed 73% of what merchant alliance has to offer. Least that way it will give those you share it to a simpler overview on where you're at.

I've been trying to work out the formula for it, but my small brain can't sort it out. I can figure out how to calculate percentage of one of the tables on a sheet but not all of them in total, and grand total of percentage doesn't work the way I thought it does.

• @im-ltr said in Commendation and Milestone tracker:

@skadiwu said in Commendation and Milestone tracker:

This is really good. Reminds me of one that used to float around on reddit that was this in depth but hasn't been updated in years, well done for this. Would be great if you had a type of overall completion % for each of the sections. For instance I've completed 73% of what merchant alliance has to offer. Least that way it will give those you share it to a simpler overview on where you're at.

I've been trying to work out the formula for it, but my small brain can't sort it out. I can figure out how to calculate percentage of one of the tables on a sheet but not all of them in total, and grand total of percentage doesn't work the way I thought it does.

Im not good with spreadsheets haha. The way I see it is - You could somehow give each category its own points system that then can be added together to make your 100% ie your goldhoarders page has 21 categories so they are worth 4.7% each towards the total. Then I'd like to think there's some funky formula that you can put together for Captains Chests Sold that somehow calculates what 115 chests is out of its 4.7% allowance to figure out its influence on the overall total. A simple option for now could be to have a checkbox for user to say "this category is completed" which then adds its 4.7% to the overall Gold Hoarder total etc.

Views
1 out of 7