Issues with captain ship name...

• Since the season 8 update, regardless of the ships i own and use, the ship name will act like the 'Hide ship name from me' switch is 'ON' in the HUD settings. But it has always been off, and my friends can see the real name of my boats but not me.

Sometimes when i start fresh on a new server i see the name i picked for my ship. But as soon as I change skins, or walk away too far from my ship it acts like the 'Hide ship name...' is turned on.

Xbox player....
    Please help.

Thanks.
    Tee Bird

Views
  • @tee-bird said in Issues with captain ship name...:

Since the season 8 update, regardless of the ships i own and use, the ship name will act like the 'Hide ship name from me' switch is 'ON' in the HUD settings. But it has always been off, and my friends can see the real name of my boats but not me.

Sometimes when i start fresh on a new server i see the name i picked for my ship. But as soon as I change skins, or walk away too far from my ship it acts like the 'Hide ship name...' is turned on.

Xbox player....
    Please help.

Thanks.
    Tee Bird

Check your Xbox settings as well: from the patch notes

Disabling user-generated content from the Xbox settings should now replace other crews’ ship names.

• I have the same bug and it has not related to Xbox privacy settings.

I can’t even contact support.

😵‍💫

• @lem0n-curry

I will certainly try that, but I am almost certain that I have already tried everything. You can tell that this is a bug and, if you fully understood what I typed out, it happens to activate or deactivate at random and my crew and fellow players see nothing wrong...

Thanks again,

Tee Bird

• @lem0n-curry I tried to find that, but I think it's set correctly. But either way.... Its for my ship not other crews, and without changing anything it works fine at times. But more often times than not it has wrong name glitch happening.

• @tee-bird
    There is a setting where you can set up a key bind to change the HUD options for 'streamer settings', perhaps you switch that on by accident ?

I wouldn't now any other solutions other to submit a support ticket, though I would wait until you've experienced it in the new version that is rolled out today; perhaps they fixed it.

• Can confim this. Sometimes it happens, sometimes not regardless of settings.

• @lem0n-curry I have checked all the settings, i thoroughly checked my end and did my homework before posting. And today it's still doing it.

Support ticket here i come I guess.

• @lem0n-curry

Also I have yet to see anything on XBOX that uses the words "streamer mode". Maybe just a PC THING.

• @tee-bird said in Issues with captain ship name...:

@lem0n-curry

Also I have yet to see anything on XBOX that uses the words "streamer mode". Maybe just a PC THING.

I put it in "", its the settings that show or hide the player names and the names of their ships; primarily used by streamers so their viewers can't "hassle" the people they meet.

• @tee-bird

It’s useless. I have your same issue and they basically said that they’re aware of the bug and they can’t do anything as now to fix it.

• @gaezoso
    I had the same issue and found that I had this setting blocked. When I set it to allow it fixed the problem for me.

["When you are on xbox.com, open up your Xbox profile (not Microsoft account), from there you click on Privacy & Online Safety. Once in Privacy settings, you should see the option "you can see and upload community creations" select allow, then scroll down to submit the changes.]

Make sure to restart your game as well after you hit submit. I hope this helps.

• @sondercc said in Issues with captain ship name...:

@gaezoso
    I had the same issue and found that I had this setting blocked. When I set it to allow it fixed the problem for me.

["When you are on xbox.com, open up your Xbox profile (not Microsoft account), from there you click on Privacy & Online Safety. Once in Privacy settings, you should see the option "you can see and upload community creations" select allow, then scroll down to submit the changes.]

Make sure to restart your game as well after you hit submit. I hope this helps.

Checked million times…everything allowed and it still doesn’t work :(

Views
10 out of 13