Make it EASIER to GET BASE CURSE or MORE WAYS to get ALLEGIANCE levels

• @magus104
    If i start playing world of warcraft i do not expect to get the rewards for pvp doing pve. Saying someone should go play a purely pvp game just because they enjoy the only pvp update in years, is the equivalent of saying people who enjoy pve should go play a pve only game. Sea of thieves is a mix of both and people need to start accepting that. More than 90 % of the cosmetics are locked behind pve. Wanting the extra 10% that is locked behind pvp without actually putting the work is objectively wrong. The same way i can't get the gold curse because i do not like tall tales, people who do not like pvp can't get the other curses. The only thing i agree is that HG needs to be more rewarding both in terms of XP and in terms of cosmetics. Having no rewards prior to 100 and no rewards after 200 does not really make sense given how difficult it is to gain those levels. Also they need to fix hit reg,food reg,blackscreens and implement an anti cheat as well as a working SBMM if this mode is to be kept alive. However the legendary curse should have been a reward for regular athena's stuff and not a level 105 reward for PvP.

• @lordqulex said in Make it EASIER to GET BASE CURSE or MORE WAYS to get ALLEGIANCE levels:

I just stopped reading after that sentence man. How can people still not understand that putting highly desirable cosmetics behind unpopular game mode is grinding the player base's will to play to dust?

Because it was the flagship content for a season and left every single player below the high skill level with not much more to do but engage in Hourglass PvP. The grind is there to make something worth earning, "highly desirable" or not. They could lock the curses behind sitting on Skeleton Thrones with 13 different crews in your pirate's lifespan and it would still be a grind to earn because of the conditional requirements. I've said before that for the sake of my mental health I don't engage with the hourglass, but still support most of the decisions because of what kind of positive effect it left for anyone not diving that season.

You do not get to tell people how they should play a game. We're all playing it to have fun, and to some people that means getting a cosmetic they want.

And you do not get to determine a game's/game's content quality purely based off of one playstyle that is very clearly not going to be compatible with it.

• I completely disagree, its a huge achievement and should take a very long time, thats the idea, is that its a very cool reward for a lot of effort. You will never be permanently locked at a skill level, I know, because I started PvP with around a 20% win rate, and I've gotten to level 77, and my win rate is around 75-80%

• @captain-coel said in Make it EASIER to GET BASE CURSE or MORE WAYS to get ALLEGIANCE levels:

@red0demon0 said in Make it EASIER to GET BASE CURSE or MORE WAYS to get ALLEGIANCE levels:

@captain-coel said in Make it EASIER to GET BASE CURSE or MORE WAYS to get ALLEGIANCE levels:

@dragotech123 it seems you have an unhealthy attachment to getting these curses. There is no reason for it.

If you can't have fun playing a video game, play it differently or play something different.

That's horrible advice, everyone here has a right to state their concerns. No individual should just shut up and play the game differently or play something else. The mode is there to be played, and the curses are there to be unlocked. To say, just ignore it, isn't a viable outcome. There's multiple isssues with the mode, the consequence is that they aren't fun to do by the majority, and lots of people are complaining about it in hopes that something is added to it or is changed. If you don't agree, then cool, that's on you just keep playing it as you normally do. As for everyone else, they should call attention to the matter. Complacency, as what you have supported should never be tolerated by either devs or the community, especially in the case of a game mode and mechanic that is boring and stale. Continued support requires continued production of quality content. not just more quantity.

If you have paid attention to the tone of their posts, its concerning that a pair of cosmetics seems to be causing them real life anxiety.

Hourglass mode is fine as it is. The experience reward is fine. People always enjoy grinding out experience when it's increased on community day or a gold and glory event. The goal of the hourglass is to have fun in a quick to access combat. Fighting for the sake of fighting. I've enjoyed it thoroughly.

But when people get attached to trying to achieve something and can't, that's not the game developers fault. It's a competitive mode where winning is rewarded and losing really isn't. Guess what, that's what competition is. Rare did give lovers some exp, they don't need more, they need to win. So if someone is going to to have an unhealthy attachment, they should step away. Every cosmetic is not for everybody, and shouldn't be for everyone.

The curses are fairly mediocre. The ghost curses both green and yellow light your pirate up like a glowstick and wash out all of your existing cosmetics. The skeleton curse lacks cosmetic variety as there is only a handful of options.

There are plenty of fun games out there. There is plenty of fun in Sea of Thieves. People should play games for fun. If they aren't having fun in the hourglass mode, they should play adventure or a different game.

It's not complacency, I just like hourglass the way it is. I think losing should reward nothing.

What's concerning here is that you actually think it doesn't cause anxiety. Regardless, lots of games cause anxiety, no one cares as long as it's fun.

You accomplish nothing new by saying the mode its fine, you provide no actual reasoning for it and getting a boost ever so often is not an excuse. The fact a mode needs an exp boost might hint at some underlying issue for the mode in the first place, more so evident if a large pool of players aren't playing the game unless said boost is active. Regardless of said boost, the mode still fails and if you don't think this to be true, then go back and look at the reasons why the Sea dogs arena failed, it's the same reasons this is failing too.

If you have paid attention you would realize the tone of my posts isn't to attack the devs, but to express to them a mechanic or mode in game that could use some work, so not sure where you're getting the part about blaming the devs. Although, they certainly created said mode that is being criticized and have the power to improve or change it so you're absolutely wrong about this aspect for any dev of any game.

I suppose you expect everyone to zip up and deal with things. You should try joining the forspoken or Balan community fanbase in support then, maybe then multiple devs can continue shelling out mediocre content and ridiculous prizes. Complacency is ultimately what kills a game.

Curses are fairly mediocre? Sucks for you, that's your opinion, too bad, maybe you should create a post about that and think of ideas to improve upon it and see if others are willing to support your cause.

Also, you seem too focused with the rewards for some reason. As if the mode's issues and critiques will disappear just because they lower the grind. People do them because of the rewards, yes, but that's only because the mode is flawed. Still missing the point if you think the issue is grinding out exp or win/ loosing games. It's a boring repetitive mode. It's repetitive, therefore it gets boring, it's a logical progression.

Telling people what they should or shouldn't play? Wow, haven't heard that one before. If a game isn't fun they play something else. If they don't play this game, they don't support this game, don't support the game = no money. No money = reduced content and quality. At the end of it all this is a business based on player support. If the players don't find the game or a game mode fun, then game/ game mode won't survive. So telling people to "Move on" isn't viable as it kills the game/ mode. Don't believe it? look at how arena turned out, ur not the 1st to suggest this. Others before you have stated the same and ended up supporting the down fall of their favorite pvp mode when players started doing exactly what players like you wanted them to do.

Congrats on defining complacency.

• I say the blunderbuss gets nerfed to 80 damage at close range and does zero knock back And double gun and get removed and also the return of pendragon and the destruction and the end of reapers hideout

Views
feedback
879 out of 880