High RAM usage, low GPU usage and low FPS

• Hey fellow pirates

Since a while ago I noticed that my FPS drastically dropped even changing the settings didn't have any effect. Thus I checked in the taskmanager and saw that the game ran on a GPU 0 - copy (instead of - 3D ?) and used quite a lot of CPU.
    Does anyone experience the same issues and perhaps have a solution?

Thanks
    Seeräubär

Views
  • Havin the same issue - this causes a lot of stuttering/fram drops/lag on gameplay. Basically the game is now unplayable for me. I hope there will be a fix for this soon.

• I haven’t had much performance issue, but my game has been using nearly double the RAM it normally does the past week or so and I haven’t changed any settings that would explain that.

• Hello!
    I am having performance problems since the last updates, too.
    After every update, I notice a little "step back" compared to how the game worked for me before:

In fact, when I play with friends, our screen freezes (3-5 seconds) simultaneously when approaching to other ship/players.
    Apart from that, I as well get more FPS drops, stuttering and, since the last update, isles, NPCs and items can take a while to load.

• not an expert - but by any chance is the game running on your graphics card?

Had some similar problems years ago on my (R.I.P.) Laptop, then noticed that the game is running on the integrated graphics or on low performance.

• i guess it would help if you would add system specs to the post, like driver version, cpu, gpu models etc

• Hard to say without knowing what hardware/software you are running.

I have an rtx 2080 and previously noted that when I update gfx drivers, under "change resolution", the settings will switch from pc displayport to Ultra HD/SD/native, which is horrible for fps and very choppy. Had this happen a few weeks ago - fps shown was 240 in-game, but it felt more like under 60 because of the port limit.

Anyway like mentioned it's possible your card is set to integrated gfx instead of gaming GPU, or the above is also possible, and you might want to be sure you have the correct gfx card and display mode selected.

• @unleet1 said in High RAM usage, low GPU usage and low FPS:

Hard to say without knowing what hardware/software you are running.

I have an rtx 2080 and previously noted that when I update gfx drivers, under "change resolution", the settings will switch from pc displayport to Ultra HD/SD/native, which is horrible for fps and very choppy. Had this happen a few weeks ago - fps shown was 240 in-game, but it felt more like under 60 because of the port limit.

Anyway like mentioned it's possible your card is set to integrated gfx instead of gaming GPU, or the above is also possible, and you might want to be sure you have the correct gfx card and display mode selected.

Ummm, just how can it be set to integrated gpu to be used if you don't have displayport-cable from it to display? If you have displayport-cable connected from your gaming gpu to display and the game shows up (like other graphics/video too) it has to be set to gaming gpu and not internal.

I am having the same issue. The game just can't run on i9, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3080 10Gb. Any other game with full graphics runs just fine with 2K settings. SoT is lagging and stuttering even if i drop the resolution to 540p and all quality settings to lowest. Sometimes the game goes 5 fps and crashes when there is another bigger player ship near. The game is just not playable at all at this time.

• @astro762510 In Nvidia settings you can change modes, though. Not that you are necessarily connected to hdmi or whatever port. It switched to 60hz by default, out of Displayport and I had to manually set to the "ultra" or whatever it is, in my case 1080 240hz.

Views
6 out of 9